Shoutbox

how can i cut parts out of a song? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: how can i cut parts out of a song? (/showthread.php?tid=32914)

how can i cut parts out of a song? by irish_king on 10-11-2004 at 08:07 PM

what program can i use to cut parts of a song?
like i mean cutting out the chorus to add it to another song
or how can i take out the singers voice in a song, so it is basically a instrumental of the song?

RE: how can i cut parts out of a song? by Sk3tch on 10-11-2004 at 08:10 PM

Use an audio editing program.. a good one that i like is CoolEdit, but any like that will do..

you can mix/cut/edit songs in pretty much an way you want.. and combine them ect ect..

:)

btw, CoolEdit isnt free.. but there is a trail version.. google for more info ect :P

RE: how can i cut parts out of a song? by _Humphreys on 10-11-2004 at 08:17 PM

I use goldwave its free to use and you can download it at www.goldwave.com

RE: how can i cut parts out of a song? by gatepass007 on 10-12-2004 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
Use an audio editing program.. a good one that i like is CoolEdit, but any like that will do..

you can mix/cut/edit songs in pretty much an way you want.. and combine them ect ect..

btw, CoolEdit isnt free.. but there is a trail version.. google for more info ect :P
I think Adobe has bought CoolEdit and the new name is Adobe Audition. That has just got better. :)
RE: RE: how can i cut parts out of a song? by irish_king on 10-12-2004 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gatepass007
quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch

I think Adobe has bought CoolEdit and the new name is Adobe Audition. That has just got better. :)

does the Adobe Audition allow me to cut out the singers voice in a song? like i mean to make the song just instramental?
and is there a way to cut out parts pof the songs such as the chorus but just the vocals of the song, and not the music?