Shoutbox

Feature request for floating contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature request for floating contacts (/showthread.php?tid=32966)

Feature request for floating contacts by Twanno on 10-12-2004 at 04:33 PM

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice if there was an option to nail your contacts on your desktop. That's a lot easier than always on top, and the normal one isn't great either.. (H)
A second thing is that if you 'save as default', the size is saved too, because it's kinda annoying that i have to change the size all the time. (H)

I don't know if that already excists, but if this is included in the next version of Plus! it would be great :)

This was it for today..:P

Hmm.. Looks that this is my first post on the forum, didn't notice hehe

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Tochjo on 10-12-2004 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Twanno
it would be nice if there was an option to nail your contacts on your desktop. That's a lot easier than always on top
You can right click your desktop contact, go to Change Display Settings and uncheck the Always on top setting :)
RE: Feature request for floating contacts by michael_m91 on 10-13-2004 at 04:09 AM

quote:
don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice if there was an option to nail your contacts on your desktop

It's not going to take that much time to Set a desktop contact to Always on top or not, This is not a desktop Messenger its a place for those special contacts (Friends, Girlfriends)...

Nice idea though
RE: Feature request for floating contacts by FrozernFire on 10-13-2004 at 04:52 AM

and i just noticed something. i like to put contacts on the bottom right hand corner and dock them together. then let's say contact A is right at the bottom and contact B is on top of it(not overlapping i mean docked on top). contact A signs out and the floating window disappears. i move contact B down. when i use the comp again, and both contact A and B are online, B's floating window will overlap A's. i wonder is there a way to prevent this or hope patchou will do something about this :)

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Pyroteq on 10-13-2004 at 06:28 AM

I keep mine in the top left corner i havnt experienced any problems like that but i dont often move them up and down unless i add a new one..i currently have four on my desktop.

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Twanno on 10-13-2004 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
it would be nice if there was an option to nail your contacts on your desktop. That's a lot easier than always on top
You can right click your desktop contact, go to Change Display Settings and uncheck the Always on top setting :)

quote:
...., and the normal one isn't great either..

hehe :)

Oh yeah, one other thing, can you disable the sounds (like oh my god, etc..)?
RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Plik on 10-13-2004 at 06:11 PM

For the sounds go the the plus preferences>>Instant messages>>Commands and tags>>And un-check "Allow sound commands"

Also what to you mean by nail to the desktop?

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Tochjo on 10-13-2004 at 06:26 PM

Sorry if I misinterpreted your request, but what exactly do you want? The 'normal' thing seems to do exactly what I think you want it to do. Can you elaborate your request a bit further? :)

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Twanno on 10-14-2004 at 08:16 PM

Some programmes use nail to desktop, others use pin to desktop.. :) But what i mean with that is that if you go to your desktop (windows + D), that the floating contacts are just 'nailed' on the desktop, and not that you have to click a programme first, to show them.
For example rainlendar, a little calendar, has that feature too.

To make it easier, i'd like it if the floating contacts can stick on the desktop when you go there, without clicking on a programme first. :)

Pff.. I hope you can understand now? hehe:P

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Mushroom_Man on 10-14-2004 at 09:25 PM

That's just a problem with windows + D; it does that to everything.

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Bradl3y on 10-14-2004 at 10:25 PM

Windows+D doesnt hide active desktop icons, maybe those can be somehow used?

or some kinda anti-minimize code to prevent the little windows from being minimized...

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by brianpeiris on 10-14-2004 at 10:48 PM

I suggest you use Windows + M instead. because it works!

RE: Feature request for floating contacts by CookieRevised on 10-14-2004 at 11:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
and i just noticed something. i like to put contacts on the bottom right hand corner and dock them together. then let's say contact A is right at the bottom and contact B is on top of it(not overlapping i mean docked on top). contact A signs out and the floating window disappears. i move contact B down. when i use the comp again, and both contact A and B are online, B's floating window will overlap A's. i wonder is there a way to prevent this or hope patchou will do something about this
That is the exact reason why I didn't liked the suggestion/feature of "hiding when offline"... I knew this would happen and confuse people...
quote:
Some programmes use nail to desktop, others use pin to desktop.. But what i mean with that is that if you go to your desktop (windows + D), that the floating contacts are just 'nailed' on the desktop, and not that you have to click a programme first, to show them.
For example rainlendar, a little calendar, has that feature too.

To make it easier, i'd like it if the floating contacts can stick on the desktop when you go there, without clicking on a programme first.

This is very normal windows beheviour, I suggest to read: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31...d=310117#pid310117

;)
RE: Feature request for floating contacts by Twanno on 10-15-2004 at 11:29 PM

I know that it's a normal windows thing, but rainlendar and samurize can pin it on the desktop..., so it must be possible :)