Shoutbox

Small /dropfle /sendfile bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Small /dropfle /sendfile bug (/showthread.php?tid=32983)

Small /dropfle /sendfile bug by matty on 10-13-2004 at 12:42 AM

This isn't really a bug but I am being overly picky.

In a conversation window you cannot use Windows shortcuts. Examples below

/sendfile %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll
/dropfile %Program Files%\Messenger Plus! 3\Setup.exe (I know the path doesn't exist but it is just an example.)

In the next version could these be added by anychance? It would be nice :P

RE: Small /dropfle /sendfile bug by Patchou on 10-13-2004 at 04:44 AM

errrr... arrrrr.... why oh why do you insist on taking the very little free time I have everyday :p

RE: Small /dropfle /sendfile bug by stuartbennett on 10-13-2004 at 06:48 AM

i personally cant understand why anyone would want that feature if you want to run a command hold down the windows key and press r this opens the run box then u key in your command it couldnt be simpler stop wasting patchous time with things that dont really matter just cause your lazy.

RE: Small /dropfle /sendfile bug by matty on 10-13-2004 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i personally cant understand why anyone would want that feature if you want to run a command hold down the windows key and press r this opens the run box then u key in your command it couldnt be simpler stop wasting patchous time with things that dont really matter just cause your lazy.
Please dont post things that are not relative.

I am not trying to execute anything. I know how to use the Run dialog (probably better then thee). Simply %systemroot and %programfiles% are quick commands used by Windows that are translated into directories. When using the the commands /sendfile (sends file to contact) or /dropfile (does the same thing but is a commandline version) you cant use Windows Commands to specify folders.

You see this post of yours is :spam:. Your not contributing anything useful to the thread. Using the Run Command to execute an app is one thing. Using Windows Commands inside of Plus! commands is a totally different thing.

You see I am not wasting Patch's time because to convert that into a path would be simple.

Also I never said I was being lazy, I said "overly picky" big difference. Being lazy means I want to type a file name, example explorer.exe and Plus! searches for that file and sends it. Being picky is saying hey Windows Commands don't work.

I think I am done trying to explain myself and this post to you.

Matty
RE: Small /dropfle /sendfile bug by stuartbennett on 10-13-2004 at 05:04 PM

sorry i just contribured based on my understanding of what you were saying i dont claim to be perfect nor i do i claim to be a mind reader we all make mistakes dude just chill out.