Shoutbox

Messenger Plus Mobile Suggestions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus Mobile Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=32986)

Messenger Plus Mobile Suggestions by michael_m91 on 10-13-2004 at 01:12 AM

I know I posted one of these before but i just wanted to bring it up again. As for the other suggestion i have well... Just listen.

1. Mobile Notifications... (There was a little confusion before im going to set the record strait)

The main Idea is that for a CERTAIN SPECIAL contact you could tell it to send you a mobile message via SMS. Now I'm not saying that Plus sends it through Itself requireing some agreement. But instead it sends it to you through messenger.

Now some of you say: /page person@hotmail.com Hello.
But that gets an error saying Cannot Page user "Person@hotmail.com Hello"

2. Choice of who can see your mobile device.

Eg.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=321626]

Looking at the picture you understand that you can allow people to see and send messages to your mobile device. Now I was wondering how you could allow only SPECIAL people to see your mobile device.

RE: Messenger Plus Mobile Suggestions by matty on 10-13-2004 at 01:27 AM

I hate to be spammy, but why do everyone of your suggestions have to use font colour. It is seriously annoying.

To have a choice of who sees your mobile device would involve being hardcoded into MSN Messenger and would also be Protocol Based. I like the idea of Plus! using MSN Messenger to send an SMS message but wouldn't it be more practicle to use the contact list instead of typing, /page i_wanted_to_have_a_super_long_email_so_now_i_do@hotmail.com Hey then double clicking the contact and typing your message? I mean it is a nice idea but not really practicle.

RE: Messenger Plus Mobile Suggestions by Concord Dawn on 10-13-2004 at 01:42 AM

[spam]
Matty, people would not use i_wanted_to_have_a_super_long_email_so_now_i_do@hotmail.com, they would use ihavearetardedlylongemailsonowidoandtheresnothingyoucandoaboutit@hotmail.com, if they wanted a long e-mail address. :P
[/spam]

Anyways, you should suggest this to microsoft, as this would be useful for people who have to pay to recieve messages. Also, some people find it fun to spam people's phones. I once got 47 messages from the same guy saying things like "hey" "how r u" "what's up".

RE: Messenger Plus Mobile Suggestions by michael_m91 on 10-13-2004 at 02:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
I hate to be spammy, but why do everyone of your suggestions have to use font colour. It is seriously annoying.
This is the first colored post in a while and i just make it colorful so its easier to read btw sorry.

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
To have a choice of who sees your mobile device would involve being hardcoded into MSN Messenger and would also be Protocol Based. I like the idea of Plus! using MSN Messenger to send an SMS message but wouldn't it be more practicle to use the contact list instead of typing, /page i_wanted_to_have_a_super_long_email_so_now_i_do@hotmail.com Hey then double clicking the contact and typing your message? I mean it is a nice idea but not really practicle.

The thought about /page would be for the comback message but you cant have it send an actual message to yourself. just open a window. thats why i'd like Plus to be able to send a message when someone signs in