Shoutbox

Group Convo's - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Group Convo's (/showthread.php?tid=33040)

Group Convo's by Striker on 10-14-2004 at 02:12 AM

I have a quesiton,
Would it be possible that when your invited into a group convo, you first get "an invitation" to join that group convo., like alittle pop up box.

i kinda hate coming home and seeing i was invited into a group convo for no reason, i'd rather have some kinda "invitation" before i join, so i dont automaticly join

is that clear enough? lol..
(am wondering if Plus! could do that...)

RE: Group Convo's by RaceProUK on 10-14-2004 at 10:46 AM

For Plus to do that, it would (likely) have to fiddle with the protocol, which is something Patchou won't do for whatever reason. So, either wait to see if someone writes a plugin for it, or wait till I've finished Project RP (which I'm finally starting today :D).

RE: Group Convo's by Pyroteq on 10-14-2004 at 11:44 AM

I'd like to see someone make that, i really hate being invited into a group convo when im busy and using alot of system resources and the bastards always invite in all the emails im online with (Between one and four) So i can get up to four group convos on my screen..

RE: Group Convo's by Striker on 10-15-2004 at 03:56 AM

alright, sounds cool that this can actually be done. although i think its stupid on msn's part to just be auto invited into a group convo

RE: Group Convo's by michael_m91 on 10-15-2004 at 04:50 AM

That could be an addon for the next  stuffplug-ng...

It seems that if you have it notify you when someone opens a convo thats who invited you.

But i dont know how stuffplug would no if there was more than one person so i guess it would'nt work.

But at least you know who keeps adding you to big convos then you just block them for a while.

RE: Group Convo's by RaceProUK on 10-15-2004 at 10:46 AM

You do get notified of invites in a way that SPNG can detect I believe...
* RaceProUK reads up on the protocol...
There isn't a way to tell actually: the RNG command doesn't distinguish between two-way and multi-way conversations.
If SPNG was to implement this feature, then it would ask for confirmation to join two-way convos as well.

RE: Group Convo's by Volv on 10-15-2004 at 12:14 PM

I do believe it is possible. During SwitchBoard authentication a user will send the RNG, by default the receiving MSN Client doesn't visibly open a conversation window until it receives more than one 'IRO' (user already in convo) command which is the first data received in a successful SB session or until it receives a 'MSG' (message from user) command. Therefore it is possible to wait for the IRO commands to determine how many users (since the client does this anyway) and once more than one IRO command is received you could postpone the visible opening of a conversation window and instead display a msgbox asking whether you wish to join or not.

In an easier-to-understand way: You just count how many users are already in the conversation by monitoring the 'IRO' commands (which will be received before any messages) and if there is more than one then display a message box asking if the user wants to join the convo or not.

RE: Group Convo's by michael_m91 on 10-15-2004 at 12:33 PM

Well like I sadi you still get notified who opened the convo of the group, next you just block them.

RE: Group Convo's by saralk on 10-15-2004 at 09:13 PM

whats the difference between having 5 multiconvos open, and 5 dialogue boxes?

RE: Group Convo's by michael_m91 on 10-19-2004 at 04:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
whats the difference between having 5 multiconvos open, and 5 dialogue boxes?
What are you talking about? You get one little popup telling you the persons opened the convo so if its a big convo the person who invited you is the one that stuffplus ng says openede the convo with you. Then you block them
RE: Group Convo's by Phrive on 10-19-2004 at 06:04 AM

If you do hop on a group convo, i think it takes you back to the person that added you, and on spng it tells u hu opened your convo, and you would be aded, so if you work out who it was from that

Might be of some help :S