Shoutbox

[StuffPlug-NG] Chat-only names and Custom Names - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [StuffPlug-NG] Chat-only names and Custom Names (/showthread.php?tid=33043)

[StuffPlug-NG] Chat-only names and Custom Names by Weyzza on 10-14-2004 at 04:17 AM

I just noticed that chat-only names override the custom names.

I just think that the custom names should be the priority (:blah!: I don't know the right word), because custom names is local.
I find that the chat-only names sometimes are annoying (not pleasant to be seen) :-/

TB?

RE: [StuffPlug-NG] Chat-only names and Custom Names by benjyrama on 10-14-2004 at 06:39 PM

what do u mean custom names??

RE: [StuffPlug-NG] Chat-only names and Custom Names by user27089 on 10-14-2004 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
what do u mean custom names??

It is where you set a certain name for your contacts which you customise, so that your contact list isn't messy, its neat, and you know who it is simply by looking at the custom name.
RE: [StuffPlug-NG] Chat-only names and Custom Names by Guido on 10-14-2004 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
I just noticed that chat-only names override the custom names.

I just think that the custom names should be the priority (:blah!: I don't know the right word), because custom names is local.
I find that the chat-only names sometimes are annoying (not pleasant to be seen) :-/

TB?
Oh, that explains why I saw e-mails instead of the real full nicknames in the conversation window, as I had setup in Plus!' configuration. Thanks!
RE: [StuffPlug-NG] Chat-only names and Custom Names by TheDude on 10-14-2004 at 07:37 PM

The problem I had was that timestamps in stuffplug NG caused em to see the email address in the conversation window when I had custom names enabled just for the contact list.  It would be nice to see compatibility between NG and custom names.