Shoutbox

Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! (/showthread.php?tid=33062)

Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by Playboy on 10-14-2004 at 04:57 PM

hey all...well i'm having this nice conversation with my Girlfriend :P and having fun...Sudenlly :o!! the window starts to scroll-up from itself and wont stop till i close the window and open it again :S...and it's happening to often :@...i cant take it any more plz HELP ME :(!!

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by marissa on 10-14-2004 at 08:12 PM

ive noticed, and im sure a few forum members have noticed that it scrolls up when you recieve a file, or when that message "<contact name> has successfully received <name of file>!" comes to view...I havent noticed hwo it scrolls it any other situation.

Edit: I dont think there is a fix to it either...

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by Abz2k4 on 10-14-2004 at 08:20 PM

Yea it's a bug that occurs when you have received a file. MSN have not yet been able to fix this problem but i think they may in future versions.

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by Concord Dawn on 10-14-2004 at 08:28 PM

This doesn't happen to me. What version are you using?

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by marissa on 10-14-2004 at 08:29 PM

6.2, just send, and then talk for awhile (or flood the conversation :P) then just wait a bit, then it'll scroll

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by matty on 10-14-2004 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
6.2, just send, and then talk for awhile (or flood the conversation :P) then just wait a bit, then it'll scroll
This happens when the cursor is simply in the wrong place of the conversation. To temporarily resolve the issue scroll down to the bottom and click on the last message that was sent and it should correct the problem. It is yes a bug in MSN Messenger but there really isn't a way to fix it that I can see.
RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by Playboy on 10-15-2004 at 05:12 AM

well it happend without sending or reseaving a file...it just happens...maybe its beacuse if the cursor like Matty said..thnx all anyway...

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by BluexDreams on 10-15-2004 at 06:09 AM

This happens with me when i talk A LOT and i mean, really a lot in the conversation. No files sent, no nothing.

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by spokes on 10-15-2004 at 06:37 AM

happens to me sometimes, its really annoying, but im used to it

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by FrozernFire on 10-15-2004 at 09:34 AM

happens to me when the convo is REALLY long. to me, it seems more like an overload rather than file transfer as that never happened to me because of tranfers.

RE: Sudenlly..IT Happens !!! by RaceProUK on 10-15-2004 at 10:54 AM

It does seem to be more of an overload.
Theoretical fix:
Change focus to chat panel.
SendKeys (or similar) CTRL+END
Change focus back to typing panel

Automate that, and that may be the workaround people want.