Shoutbox

me, myself and I... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: me, myself and I... (/showthread.php?tid=33068)

me, myself and I... by Millenium_edition on 10-14-2004 at 06:59 PM

i think the icon says it all.

constantly on the internet i get remarks of being rude, of not being nice, get insulted, etc... why? I mean, ok, i have lots of sarcasm, post what i think, do what i think, etc.
now i double check what I post. i don't want people to not understand me or get me wrong. people tend to get offended by whatever i post, cause they're used to such stuff...

and now that I try to improve my personality on the internet, people in the real world tend to think i'm annoying. girls think i'm annoying, is that because of my rudeness, stupid humour, sarcasm, "say-what-you-think"ness, or why? people get frustrated cause they're like "overall he's nice, but he can get on your nerves".

i'm just fucked because there's this girl who didn't really like me last year and this year, it was like woo but she gets angry because i "ignore" her on msn (which i obviously don't). wanna know it all? she's the one i loved, and now since some fucker told her she hates me (hence: for what happened last year).

now what do I have to improve on my personality. i think you all know me a bit, so i hope you can help me.

(FYI: last year it was a class of like only guys, so you can imagine the number of sex jokes that were in the class... you can already imagine, 6 girls, 12 boys.)

ps: i didn't reread this post, feel free to ask anything you wanna know. i've got nothing to lose.

RE: me, myself and I... by user27089 on 10-14-2004 at 07:06 PM

Who takes the piss out of you? Dude, seriously, just be yourself, if you've been noticed by this girl already, then carry on being yourself, she noticed you for what you are, not what you want to try and be, just talk to her ok.

RE: me, myself and I... by _Humphreys on 10-14-2004 at 07:09 PM

(W)

RE: me, myself and I... by Anubis on 10-14-2004 at 07:42 PM

:dodgy: splitting

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
"overall he's nice, but he can get on your nerves".
Yeah, that sums it up well...
quote:
now what do I have to improve on my personality. i think you all know me a bit, so i hope you can help me.
I've noticed a few times you've been trying to get the upper hand in arguments and not being nice about it, be a little kinder and see other peoples flaws, but try to be nicer or just shut up about them...
RE: me, myself and I... by Millenium_edition on 10-14-2004 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I've noticed a few times you've been trying to get the upper hand in arguments and not being nice about it, be a little kinder and see other peoples flaws, but try to be nicer or just shut up about them...
thanks anubis, i'll try to keep that in mind :)
RE: me, myself and I... by RebelSean on 10-14-2004 at 08:35 PM

All I can telll ya man, is that what you have already what someone has said. Your nice but sometimes you can get on peoples nerves...My only suggestion to you, is this...Think before you speak..Thats what I am trying to do man...I hope this will help ya!

RE: me, myself and I... by Ginger on 10-14-2004 at 09:03 PM

Whatever you do, you have to know that you can from being one kind of person to the exact opposite because people are just gonna think youre fake and hate you more

RE: me, myself and I... by user27089 on 10-15-2004 at 08:23 AM

I think that you just seriously need to speak to her, and when you post, just try and be as mature and professional as you can, and not offend people has you sometimes do, thats why poeple find you annoying, and try to spam less in important threads.

RE: me, myself and I... by _Humphreys on 10-17-2004 at 01:58 PM

I have to get out of the habit off posting spam every time I post and be more mature but I can see that you (M_E) don't spam much and are quite mature and you are respected here just keep the spam and childish behaviour down and you'll be fine.

RE: me, myself and I... by user27089 on 10-17-2004 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
I have to get out of the habit off posting spam every time I post and be more mature but I can see that you (M_E) don't spam much and are quite mature and you are respected here just keep the spam and childish behaviour down and you'll be fine.

I think that he's made a very good improvement, and you can tell, he's acting more mature and thinking before he posts, well don m_e. Attitude, I've never really seen you spam much and most of your posts (like the one which you just posted) are quite mature.
RE: me, myself and I... by .Roy on 10-17-2004 at 03:17 PM

lol your 14 that means next year your in high school.. which is good because then you can start over... after the break everyone wil forget and then you can be pimpin :-D

sorry for spam but here is an example of "not being mature"

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=33...d=323826#pid323826
RE: me, myself and I... by user27089 on 10-17-2004 at 03:40 PM

M_E, if I were you, i'd take all of the advice you have and throw it down the drain, its useless, you can't be the false you, just be the you that you are and what you want to be, don't let anyone shape you into what they want you to be, just go for what you are, thats how you get noticed, don't try and be like everyone else, you won't get noticed, you get noticed when you look and act different, instead of acting like everyone else.

RE: me, myself and I... by Millenium_edition on 10-17-2004 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
sorry for spam but here is an example of "not being mature"

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=33...d=323826#pid323826
sorry for pointing out that's t&t...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

M_E, if I were you, i'd take all of the advice you have and throw it down the drain, its useless, you can't be the false you, just be the you that you are and what you want to be, don't let anyone shape you into what they want you to be, just go for what you are, thats how you get noticed, don't try and be like everyone else, you won't get noticed, you get noticed when you look and act different, instead of acting like everyone else.
thanks, but i still need to change. everyone tells me the same thing: "rudeness", "annoyance". if i weren't that i'd go out with the girl you got on cam :(
so I guess i do have to change.
RE: me, myself and I... by user27089 on 10-17-2004 at 05:56 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

thanks, but i still need to change. everyone tells me the same thing: "rudeness", "annoyance". if i weren't that i'd go out with the girl you got on cam :(
so I guess i do have to change.

Ok, first thing, when did she first like you, because at this point, this is what you must be if you want to get her, don't try and get her attention or anything, because thats pretty lame, if you really want to get her attention, speak to her, don't come on to her, just flirt around a bit.

RE: me, myself and I... by Mr.T on 10-17-2004 at 06:16 PM

ok here goes

m_e who cares what people on a internet board think of you???

really think about it?

does it really matter

RE: me, myself and I... by Millenium_edition on 10-17-2004 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.T
ok here goes

m_e who cares what people on a internet board think of you???

really think about it?

does it really matter
well yeah, cause on an internet board you say what you think, and usually people can judge from that. well half at least. but i mean... I can't hang out a paper and ask people what they think of me at school can I? :-/
RE: me, myself and I... by crank on 10-17-2004 at 06:58 PM

quote:
lol your 14 that means next year your in high school.. which is good because then you can start over... after the break everyone wil forget and then you can be pimpin
??? the dude lives in Belguim...
The school system is diffirent here. we go to 'high' school when we are 12/13 years old.  no offense
Grr i'm beïng offtopic again...

RE: me, myself and I... by .Roy on 10-17-2004 at 07:03 PM

listen... you want this girl right..

ok then talk to her a bit just talk about stuff and flirt and shit

then after a couple days of that and u become friends g o on msn and ask her to be your girlfriend.. Msn is the easiest way to ask someone to be your girlfriend.. REALLY IS

first of all you wont be so nervous... all you do is write up want to go out or some shit like that then paste it and then do something else... then when you hear  the message and see the blinking light then you will see the answer... its that easy.. lol But they can say no.. i scored 5/5 time this way... :-D

life is good after that... just be sure if you see the relationship breaking away.. dump her dont wait for her to dump u.. lol
:-D so you win

RE: me, myself and I... by Anubis on 10-17-2004 at 07:07 PM

quote:

then after a couple days of that and u become friends g o on msn and ask her to be your girlfriend.. Msn is the easiest way to ask someone to be your girlfriend.. REALLY IS
Obviously a rare occasion...ever heard of people being afk? I've been asked out over MSN only last week and believe me it's annoying when people ignore the brb status and your getting a drink from the fridge...all the nervous flooding...
Make sure the girl wants a boyfriend right now...and isn't just interested as you being just a friend..
RE: me, myself and I... by ipab on 10-17-2004 at 07:19 PM

ask her in person, the last thing u want to seem like is a wimp, come on have the guts

im sure that she likes u M_E
just make sure u dont get hurt though, as in dont tell anyone that ur gona ask her out, ill tell u l8r on msn wut mite happen if u do so :P

p.s. is it the same girl that u showed me, if it is then i say go for it (Y)

RE: me, myself and I... by Millenium_edition on 10-18-2004 at 03:16 PM

quote:
she's the one i loved, and now since some fucker told her she hates me
hence: the girl doesn't like me anymore. she's also the one who made me think about my behaviour.

btw, she can kiss my arse now, she's beautiful but a bitch in her hart :)

thank for the support so far, i appreciate it
RE: me, myself and I... by user27089 on 10-18-2004 at 03:52 PM

quote:
quote:
she's the one i loved, and now since some fucker told her she hates me
hence: the girl doesn't like me anymore. she's also the one who made me think about my behaviour.

btw, she can kiss my arse now, she's beautiful but a bitch in her hart :)

thank for the support so far, i appreciate it

If you knew she was a bitch in the first place then why did you go for her. Its good that she made you think of the way that you act around places though, it might make you really think, or change for the better.

You should keep this thread up for any other problems that people have around the forum..