Shoutbox

Extending the floating contact features? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Extending the floating contact features? (/showthread.php?tid=33083)

Extending the floating contact features? by brianpeiris on 10-14-2004 at 10:25 PM

I just discovered the floating contact feature and I love it! But I was wondering if you could add a few simple things:
- ability to use specific colors (i.e. RGB) for fonts, border and background. The basic windows color chooser is fine.
- Different fonts and styles (i.e. Bold, Italic)
- ability to specify width and height in pixels
- Desktop floaters for number of unread emails and perhaps my own current status.

RE: Extending the floating contact features? by toddy on 10-14-2004 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brianpeiris
- ability to use specific colors

can already do that !!!!

right click on the floating window and go down to "change display settings "

quote:

why would you want/need this ?
quote:
- Desktop floaters for number of unread emails

sounds good (Y)
quote:
perhaps my own current status.

has been suggested
RE: Extending the floating contact features? by brianpeiris on 10-14-2004 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
- ability to use specific colors

can already do that !!!!

right click on the floating window and go down to "change display settings "

quote:

why would you want/need this ?

you can only choose a limited number of colors from that list, I want to be able to specify the Red, Green and Blue values to get the exact color I want.

I want to be able to control the width and height, and I forgot to mention: also the position of each floater (x, y, relative to the origin)

I want to do all this so that I can make it blend in with my desktop and other system information apps that I have on my desktop
RE: Extending the floating contact features? by toddy on 10-14-2004 at 10:51 PM

quote:
you can only choose a limited number of colors from that list, I want to be able to specify the Red, Green and Blue values to get the exact color I want

u can use  choli's plus!tweak!  to do that  http://files.msgplus.net/data/MsgPlusTweak.exe

RE: Extending the floating contact features? by CookieRevised on 10-14-2004 at 11:05 PM

quote:
I want to be able to control the width and height, and I forgot to mention: also the position of each floater (x, y, relative to the origin)
You can do that by editing the registry settings. The coordinates are store in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<MSN_SIGNIN_EMAIL>\Contacts\CtcDetach\<CONTACT_EMAIL>\WndRect
RE: Extending the floating contact features? by brianpeiris on 10-14-2004 at 11:05 PM

quote:
u can use  choli's plus!tweak!  to do that
which setting would that be?
RE: Extending the floating contact features? by toddy on 10-14-2004 at 11:14 PM

quote:
quote:
u can use  choli's plus!tweak!  to do that
which setting would that be?
select your email address

then go down to "floating windows" select the contact, and click on "select colour...."
RE: Extending the floating contact features? by brianpeiris on 10-15-2004 at 12:03 AM

sweet, well that takes care of background color and font color.

What about border color, font type and styles, width, height and position?

and i'm still rooting for the unread email count

RE: Extending the floating contact features? by Concord Dawn on 10-15-2004 at 03:16 AM

These have all been suggest to Patchou, and will possibly be in Plus! 3.25.

RE: Extending the floating contact features? by CookieRevised on 10-15-2004 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
and will possibly be in Plus! 3.25.
who said that?

RE: Extending the floating contact features? by matty on 10-15-2004 at 07:08 AM

quote:
- ability to use specific colors (i.e. RGB) for fonts, border and background. The basic windows color chooser is fine.
I talked to Patchou when I recieved the first beta with Chrono on this to test the feature early and I suggested that and he said he didn't want to boggle down all the menus and have multiple colours. But you never know what is going to happen in the next ver.
quote:
- Different fonts and styles (i.e. Bold, Italic)
Personally I don't like this at all, the contacts aren't ment to have font styles. Its an extra window saying whos online. I dont think it is needed. But like i said earlier you never know.
quote:
I honestly dont see an need to do this, isn't resizing it with the mouse the most common way to resize windows? I mean you don't use numbers to resize a window you use a mouse so why should this be any different?
quote:
- Desktop floaters for number of unread emails and perhaps my own current status.
This was added to the todo list in a sence where you can make yourself float as a desktop contact and will be able to set status from there and such.

RE: Extending the floating contact features? by brianpeiris on 10-15-2004 at 02:44 PM

alright, maybe the width, height and position is a little to much, I just wanted a way to place and size my floaters exactly as i want them, instead of fidgeting with my inaccurate mouse, but thats not that big of a deal.
Colors and fonts, on the other hand, are important, I need my desktop to look good, and i'm sure many people here understand that.
its great that these things may come out in the next version, I can't wait to see.
Thanks for your help

RE: Extending the floating contact features? by CookieRevised on 10-16-2004 at 12:18 AM

quote:
alright, maybe the width, height and position is a little to much, I just wanted a way to place and size my floaters exactly as i want them, instead of fidgeting with my inaccurate mouse, but thats not that big of a deal.
Just like I said before:

You can do that by editing the registry settings. The coordinates are store in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<MSN_SIGNIN_EMAIL>\Contacts\CtcDetach\<CONTACT_EMAIL>\WndRect

;)