Shoutbox

MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers (/showthread.php?tid=33089)

MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Jolo on 10-15-2004 at 12:22 AM

A new Build of MSN Messenger 7 Beta has leaked to the Internet.

Even, from Microsoft servers, and in several languages (like Spanish).

Winks are disabled now.

And it seems to be very stable. I'm using Spanish version right now.

P. D.: Remember to DON'T POST links. :P

Greetings,

RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Bradl3y on 10-15-2004 at 01:54 AM

sorry, i didnt think it would be an issue if it was an unrestricted download from msn.com haha, seeing as its legal to download that they need to restrict the file permissions and set a password os something! jeeze

RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by matty on 10-15-2004 at 01:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bradl3y
sorry, i didnt think it would be an issue if it was an unrestricted download from msn.com haha, seeing as its legal to download that they need to restrict the file permissions and set a password os something! jeeze
Just please stop posting links to the betas. They are not ment to be public.
RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Chrono on 10-15-2004 at 02:01 AM

true, any post containing a link to an MSN 7 beta version will be deleted :).

RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by matty on 10-15-2004 at 02:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
This means Matty will be reporting posts a lot. :(
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Hank on 10-15-2004 at 03:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
This means Matty will be reporting posts a lot. :(

Matty, ever considered becomming a Journalist? u'd do well as a Reporter ;-)

New MSN Messenger 7.0 features appearing

dwergs says:

Some of us still using the blocked MSN Messenger 7 BETA (thanks to the Mess Patch) will have noticed the appearance of some new options last night. Their availability depends on your regional settings, so they're not live worldwide yet.

1) When you click the emoticon menu in a conversation window, you will see a new What's Hot category plugging emoticon sets you can order for $1.50 per set from Blue Mountain.

2) Another What's Hot menu item just appeared in the Packs pulldown menu. Packs can be just display pictures, or just backgrounds (at $1.50 per set), or can come as combination of display pictures, backgrounds and custom emoticons (at $3 per so-called Theme Pack).

3) The Creation Maker (see screenshot) allows you to customize a display picture with colorful text. Each creaticon will cost you $1.

Deluxe Display Pictures are not offered yet, but we expect them to have a price tag as well :( Payments can be made through mobile phone or credit/debit card. And if you don't like to pay for customizing your MSN Messenger, then there's always Mess.be:

[code][/code]
RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Concord Dawn on 10-15-2004 at 03:08 AM

MSN sort of deserves getting trouble. Look at Hotmail. They offer 250 mB, but could offer 1 gB like Gmail.

RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by FrozernFire on 10-15-2004 at 05:27 AM

you will have to pay for all the good stuff in msn 7 soon... that sux

offtopic: microsnot has not even upgraded my hotmail account. not that i really need it but im using it for email groups and stuff

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Hank on 10-15-2004 at 05:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
you will have to pay for all the good stuff in msn 7 soon... that sux

offtopic: microsnot has not even upgraded my hotmail account. not that i really need it but im using it for email groups and stuff

they havent updated mine to there alledged  150MB or 100MB storage limmit  either not that i care , if MSN7 is gonna be a pay for on some things, is it rally gonna be worth actually using MSN Messenger7 at all?  sticking to 6.2 sounding better to me by the minute . but i'll give MSN messenger7 a look at once in Public Beta , even trillian is looking Good ,
RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by ipab on 10-15-2004 at 06:45 AM

its 250 MB and most of my friends' accounts (and mine) have been upgraded :D :banana:

* ipab still likes gmail too though!

wow i just realised that i went very offtopic
so im gona get on topic
i downloaded the new build, and it seems more stable than the older one, but I absolutely hate the cluttered feeling of 7.0 so i reverted back

another offtopic question:

can anyone manage to install the skins using windowsX for 6.2.0137 :S cause i cant seem to :(

RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Hank on 10-15-2004 at 07:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv
its 250 MB

it doesnt say that on the Hotmail Website,  not on http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?id=2 site anyway , but  we all live in hope maybe by the end of the dacade Microsoft will do it , atm i use Yahoo to store most of my unwanted stuff in that isnt urgent to store in any other email Box i have.

RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by greg098 on 10-15-2004 at 02:08 PM

when i got up this morning, it was all spread over the net...just shows, it doesnt take long for things to be leaked. Its even on softpedia so soon enough, EVERYONE will have it. At least they greyed out the winks for now...i dont really like the winks idea anyway. I think they need offline messages more then more silly things that takes up too much memory.

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Hank on 10-16-2004 at 01:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by greg098
when i got up this morning, it was all spread over the net...just shows, it doesnt take long for things to be leaked. Its even on softpedia so soon enough, EVERYONE will have it. At least they greyed out the winks for now...i dont really like the winks idea anyway. I think they need offline messages more then more silly things that takes up too much memory.

exactly, they need offline messages, but will Micro$0ft eva Do That? Most Likely Not
RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by Stijn on 10-16-2004 at 10:15 AM

does everybody still have the problem with msn messenger 7 that it can't save the conversation with something about that there is a problem loading message history and an invalod character!!! what to do???

RE: MSN Messenger 7 Build 0225 leaked from MS servers by FrozernFire on 10-16-2004 at 01:08 PM

er... it's still the beta. expect some bugs here and there. or just wait until the "not"-celebrated release of msn 7

offtopic: unfair!! i want my 250mb now!! :'(