Shoutbox

a new feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: a new feature (/showthread.php?tid=33090)

a new feature by loopsy on 10-15-2004 at 12:22 AM

a new feature  id love included into the msnpluss (a detection if some one has paused there cam or if its been frozen for a long period of time so u know if they been disconnected or some thing) i h8 it wen they freeze and u carry on talking to them and they bloody disconnected so ure talking to ya self for a few minutes (pls message me lippyloopy@hotmail.com if u think its a good feature and that u might include it :P)

RE: a new feature by Concord Dawn on 10-15-2004 at 03:17 AM

This feature is already in a plugin called Stuffplug NG, available here: Stuffplug NG Site.

RE: a new feature by matty on 10-15-2004 at 03:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
This feature is already in a plugin called Stuffplug NG, available here: Stuffplug NG Site.
And this feature is called what in SPNG?
RE: a new feature by loopsy on 10-15-2004 at 02:13 PM

that plug in does not have that feature the feature i was on about you could include is when some one pauses there webcam hehe so you can ask them what therey doing what they dont want us see lol also stops u lookin at a picture for 5 mins to see if its mooving or not

RE: a new feature by user27089 on 10-15-2004 at 02:16 PM

If i understand you correctly, you want to over-ride the pause webcam, so that you can still see what they're doing, this is invasion of privacy therefore is illegal.

RE: a new feature by loopsy on 10-15-2004 at 02:17 PM

NOOOOOOOO  lol no just a detection to say if they have paused it or not so we know they have and can ask them why they have

RE: a new feature by user27089 on 10-15-2004 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loopsy
NOOOOOOOO  lol no just a detection to say if they have paused it or not so we know they have and can ask them why they have

If they've paused it, it may be for personal reasons, but i don't think that you could detect whether its paused or not, because sometimes there may be severe lag, and it will detect that its paused, but its not.
RE: a new feature by loopsy on 10-15-2004 at 02:20 PM

yer would aslo be handy to detect server lag too

then you know wats going on but yet again if this feature is made my gf wont be happy i always pause my cam lol

RE: a new feature by user27089 on 10-15-2004 at 02:25 PM

quote:
yer would aslo be handy to detect server lag too
But surely if it detected the lag then it would constantly be flashing or whatnot, every webcam has lag constantly, its just what happens i'm afraid, so the lag detection would mess up, just like the 'open convo' thing on stuffplug ng.
quote:
then you know wats going on but yet again if this feature is made my gf wont be happy i always pause my cam lol
why don't u just tell her that you're going to pause it, or just not pause it :S
RE: a new feature by loopsy on 10-15-2004 at 02:30 PM

lol i dont like going on cam and wen ure paying more attention to watchin tv than talking to her she gets angry lol

RE: a new feature by user27089 on 10-15-2004 at 02:34 PM

quote:
lol i dont like going on cam and wen ure paying more attention to watchin tv than talking to her she gets angry lol

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, just set your status to busy or something, that way she won't talk to you, and you can get back to watching the simpsons.
RE: a new feature by loopsy on 10-15-2004 at 02:42 PM

nah emerdale and shit is my kind of stuff hahaha and corry dont forget that lol jk

RE: a new feature by user27089 on 10-15-2004 at 02:46 PM

quote:
nah emerdale and shit is my kind of stuff hahaha and corry dont forget that lol jk

umm ok mr mrs loopsy lol.

I think that this plugin is possible, just doubt that anyone is willing sorry mate.
RE: a new feature by loopsy on 10-15-2004 at 03:46 PM

lol im a mr not a very old one either 16 :( lol im sure sum one will be willing do it when they cant think of any other features to add i know i wud if i can code :( (in first year of coding class at college started 6 weeks ago)

RE: a new feature by michael_m91 on 10-19-2004 at 04:25 AM

Wouldn't Messenger when paused just keep on sending one picture like a dp so that you wouldn't be able to find out? ALso isnt it sorat an invaion of privacy to know if they paused it? what if they just wanted to pic their nose without you knowing? lol

RE: a new feature by ipab on 10-19-2004 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dreamweaver
who would wont a feature like this onestly its a stupid thing to think of. people should be useing there heads to make smarter things not stuff like that

who is the judge U :S, i sure hope not :undecided:
did u register on these forums to diss people cause if u did -_-
ill hit the report your post sooo fast that it will have Wj amazed at how fast his server can respond to reports!:refuck:

Please note that every suggestion is a good one and for all you know patchou mite even take into consideration a feature like this :dodgy:, im sure that there are atleast a few people who would like to see this "feature".

This is supposed to be a friendly place where people interact and help each other out!
RE: a new feature by michael_m91 on 10-19-2004 at 10:40 PM

quote:
quote:
who would wont a feature like this onestly its a stupid thing to think of. people should be useing there heads to make smarter things not stuff like that

who is the judge U :S, i sure hope not :undecided:
did u register on these forums to diss people cause if u did -_-
ill hit the report your post sooo fast that it will have Wj amazed at how fast his server can respond to reports!:refuck:

Please note that every suggestion is a good one and for all you know patchou mite even take into consideration a feature like this :dodgy:, im sure that there are atleast a few people who would like to see this "feature".

This is supposed to be a friendly place where people interact and help each other out!

Who the hell are you talking to? Your post says originally posted by dreamweaver But why are you spazing at yourself