Shoutbox

Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst (/showthread.php?tid=33138)

Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by MC Inferno on 10-16-2004 at 01:40 AM

Ever get dat feeling you've really fucked up? like REALLY?

I've upgraded from 98 to XP and i could of sworn i had backed up my documents but i didnt, whihc is ok, coz most was music i can re-do.

EXCEPT.....

I've lost every song I've ever wrote, including ones I havent recorded yet :|

Excuse me....

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

Thankyou. I havent got 98 any more I've only got a fresh copy of XP, is there anything I can do? I cant explain how much I need these documents................

:'( :'( :'(

FUCKKKKK

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by Concord Dawn on 10-16-2004 at 03:05 AM

All I have to say is, your fucked. If you didn't back it up, you don't have it. Windows XP formats your hard-drive when it installs, especially since your going from 98 to XP. It's going from FAT32 to NTFS.

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by saralk on 10-16-2004 at 10:08 AM

not always, if you did an upgrade then it doesnt change the file system.
Look in your hard drive and the files might be there.

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by user27089 on 10-16-2004 at 10:22 AM

Holy shit dude, i seriously feel for you :|

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by MC Inferno on 10-16-2004 at 01:00 PM

Not in hard drive, but they are still there coz i used a program called "Recover My Files" and they were found, its jus to save them again, I need to buy it, and I'm not aloowed to buy off the net (:@) so does anyone know a simular program for free?

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by TGG on 10-16-2004 at 02:40 PM

might work, aint tryed it

handy recovery

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by WDZ on 10-16-2004 at 02:45 PM

Completely free programs:

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html
http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by MC Inferno on 10-16-2004 at 03:04 PM

Its sorted :D I have them all back, and I cant explain how happy I Am!!!!!

:D

Thnx to anyone is dis thread, and 'specially Lee Jeffery and Matty ;)

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by Weyzza on 11-11-2004 at 03:42 AM

Arrrggghhh...

I'm sorry for replying old thread, but this annoys me bad.

I just reformatted my drive C: and when I was moving the My Documents' target to drive E:, I lost all my text documents (they are in the same folder).

Some of them are very important for me (like papers and stuff).

I tried the Restoration program that WDZ referred, but it failed to find any.

Can someone help me? :'(

RE: Out Of All My PC Prob's, Dis is The Worst by rumours on 11-11-2004 at 09:35 AM

to may's phenomenon 2, u should talk to this dude i know, he's a computer wiz