Shoutbox

advertisements - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: advertisements (/showthread.php?tid=33159)

advertisements by crazyinlove on 10-16-2004 at 03:50 PM

i know we weren't supposed to post on here complaining about the advertisements but i did everything it said to (uninstalled messenger plus) and the toolbar that it installed still didn't go away. also, the uninstall verification window (where you type in the numbers) didn't come up either. i'm very frustrated...and i'm sorry for posting on this but i just don't know what to do...can someone please help me??

RE: advertisements by Sunshine on 10-16-2004 at 03:56 PM

You most likely made the most common mistake on uninstalling....not having your internetbrowser fully closed (from systray also)

so what to do is:

1. uninstall plus!
2. reboot
3. reinstall with sponsor
4. uninstall again...this time make sure your internetbrowser is closed as said above
5. reboot
6. reinstall without sponsor

done :D

RE: advertisements by matty on 10-16-2004 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
(from systray also)
The default install of Internet Explorer cannot add an icon in the system tray. Third pary applications can, what you mean to say is the taskbar ;)
RE: advertisements by crazyinlove on 10-16-2004 at 04:24 PM

well either way they still helped me! :) thank you so much umm..Sunshine person!!! :):):)

RE: RE: advertisements by Sunshine on 10-16-2004 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
(from systray also)
The default install of Internet Explorer cannot add an icon in the system tray. Third pary applications can, what you mean to say is the taskbar ;)

Nope, i do mean systray because im not speakin about IE in particular ;)
Next time i'll say also from taskbar and systray..to avoid any misunderstanding :D

yw crazyinlove :)