Shoutbox

Plus! doesn't work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus! doesn't work (/showthread.php?tid=33169)

Plus! doesn't work by Yuuki on 10-16-2004 at 05:56 PM

Hello there! I've been having some problems with Plus!... I've installed MSN and Messenger Plus! correctly (both programs in their latest versions: MSN - 6.2.0137 and Plus! - 3.21.104 ), but when I open MSN Messenger, Plus! just doesn't work. OK, it worked once, when I installed StuffPlug. But... never worked anymore. I really don't know what else to do, so that's why I came here to ask you for help.

Thanks a lot for reading this! :)

RE: Plus! doesn't work by banky on 10-16-2004 at 05:57 PM

What messenger version are you useing
or
7.0.0225(not sure if thats right)

if its 6.2 try reinstalling msn messenger and Plus.

or if its 7.0 Plus shows its menu in it but dont work in 7.0 yet .

RE: RE: Plus! doesn't work by Yuuki on 10-16-2004 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
What messenger version are you useing
or
7.0.0225(not sure if thats right)

if its 6.2 try reinstalling msn messenger and Plus.

or if its 7.0 Plus shows its menu in it but dont work in 7.0 yet .

I'm really sorry, I forgot to write the versions. Well, I use MSN 6.2.0137. I'm gonna reinstall both programs, I hope it works. Thanks a lot for the help. =)
RE: Plus! doesn't work by RebelSean on 10-16-2004 at 06:00 PM

Does Plus! load with msn messenger? You might have to force it to load.....

Or just goto c://programfiles/messengerplus!3 and open Messenger Plus and then try it?

RE: Plus! doesn't work by k776 on 10-16-2004 at 06:43 PM

Plus >> Preferences >> Miscellaneous >> Messenger plus auotmatic recovery options

Tick both, then restart computer.

RE: Plus! doesn't work by Yuuki on 10-17-2004 at 02:21 AM

First of all, thanks a lot for the help, everyone. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do everything you wrote, because Plus! is just not loading at all . Well, I uninstalled both programs, installed them again... and Plus worked perfectly fine! Then I closed MSN, opened it again... and Plus! was gone... I've uninstalled the programs again, but Plus! still doesn't work... I really don't know what to do...

RE: Plus! doesn't work by matty on 10-17-2004 at 02:52 AM

Are you using any type of skinned MSN Messenger? Are you using any Patches on MSN Messenger, or any loaders? When the Plus! menu doesn't show up, if you press CTRL+ALT+DEL do you have MsgPlus.exe in the Processes?

RE: Plus! doesn't work by marissa on 10-17-2004 at 02:54 AM

(I think the option is ticked by default)

if you go to Start> Run > msconfig> Startup, Is MsgPlus there? Just check it if its unchecked.

but, just for my thoughts, it might be that msn is loading faster than msgplus, if you think that too, go ctrl+alt+delete and check if msgplus.exe is there....

sorry if i am incorrect.

but wiat,. close msn and then go to the msgplus folder, program files> Messenger plus! 3. and run the .exe (this is so you can use plus! to check that box)

(sorry if this doesnt make sence:()

RE: RE: Plus! doesn't work by Yuuki on 10-17-2004 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Are you using any type of skinned MSN Messenger? Are you using any Patches on MSN Messenger, or any loaders? When the Plus! menu doesn't show up, if you press CTRL+ALT+DEL do you have MsgPlus.exe in the Processes?

Nope, I'm not using any type of skinned Messenger, neither any patches or loaders. And yes, when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL, MsgPlus.exe is there. It's always there...*-)
RE: RE: Plus! doesn't work by Yuuki on 10-17-2004 at 03:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
(I think the option is ticked by default)

if you go to Start> Run > msconfig> Startup, Is MsgPlus there? Just check it if its unchecked.

but, just for my thoughts, it might be that msn is loading faster than msgplus, if you think that too, go ctrl+alt+delete and check if msgplus.exe is there....

sorry if i am incorrect.

but wiat,. close msn and then go to the msgplus folder, program files> Messenger plus! 3. and run the .exe (this is so you can use plus! to check that box)

(sorry if this doesnt make sence:()

No problem. :) Well, I did exactly what you wrote and yep, MsgPlus.exe is there. And I also loaded the .exe but it didn't work. I keep getting that window "Messenger Plus! Recovery", I always choose the first option but it doesn't work anyway...
RE: Plus! doesn't work by matty on 10-17-2004 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Yuuki
No problem. :) Well, I did exactly what you wrote and yep, MsgPlus.exe is there. And I also loaded the .exe but it didn't work. I keep getting that window "Messenger Plus! Recovery", I always choose the first option but it doesn't work anyway...
Have you uninstalled Messenger Plus! choosing to delete all settings and plugins? If not try that.

RE: Plus! doesn't work by CookieRevised on 10-18-2004 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Yuuki
No problem. Well, I did exactly what you wrote and yep, MsgPlus.exe is there. And I also loaded the .exe but it didn't work. I keep getting that window "Messenger Plus! Recovery", I always choose the first option but it doesn't work anyway...
This can also be caused by Windows Messenger starting up in the background. Again, go to your processes (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and check if the process msmsgs.exe is there. If so, then have a look here on how to prevent it from starting up:
CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger
RE: RE: Plus! doesn't work by Yuuki on 10-22-2004 at 06:46 PM

Well, right now Plus! is working for me, but not in a "normal" way. I mean, when I open the program, I get the "Messenger Plus! Recovery" window, and I always choose the first option.... but it never works in the first time so I have to keep getting this window for like, ten times; and then Plus! works for me. :p

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This can also be caused by Windows Messenger starting up in the background. Again, go to your processes (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and check if the process msmsgs.exe is there. If so, then have a look here on how to prevent it from starting up:
CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger

OMG, I think that might be the problem! Windows Messenger always show up in my desktop even when I don't want it to open. I'll let you know if this tutorial worked for me. Thanks a lot!!! ;)