Shoutbox

Fix MSN sound problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Fix MSN sound problems (/showthread.php?tid=33175)

Fix MSN sound problems by Frosty on 10-16-2004 at 07:27 PM

**This has only been tested for WinXP!**

Ok so i seen a thread about the sound problems. But i dont think anyone solved the solution. So anyway i'm posting this.

First of all apply the .reg from the attached file. This will change your MSN sounds to some gay WinXP standard sounds, at which point sounds WILL or SHOULD work (but they suck) then from doing that goto:

Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds, Speech, and audio devices -> Sounds and audio devices -> Sounds 'TAB' -> Then scroll down for  MSN Messenger and simply replace the awful sounds with the ones in your MSN Messenger folder ;)

NOTE:: This has only been tested for WinXP. I was experiecing the sound problem. And after trying this it works fine :)

Hope this helped.

RE: Fix MSN sound problems by Tochjo on 10-16-2004 at 07:29 PM

There is a related thread: MSN sounds....

RE: Fix MSN sound problems by Frosty on 10-16-2004 at 08:50 PM

Yea but...

A. No one had a solution
B. The thread had been closed :-/

RE: Fix MSN sound problems by CookieRevised on 10-18-2004 at 06:30 PM

That's because of the things I've posted in that thread:
CookieRevised's reply to MSN sounds...
and
CookieRevised's reply to MSN sounds...

A registry fix will NOT work for everyone and can screw things up for other people. A registry fix for this will only work for individual people and higly depends on the OS, language, soundscheme's used, etc... Hence the registry fixes in that thread were removed!

Also, a registry fix can't fix the true problem, because it IS a bug in MSN Messenger itself! (again see my posts in that thread)