Shoutbox

Biggest codec pack I have found - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Biggest codec pack I have found (/showthread.php?tid=33200)

Biggest codec pack I have found by The_Thief on 10-17-2004 at 02:17 AM

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/2/7/11-2-7-10.shtml

45mb to download 143 mb to install

Like it?

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by Ezra on 10-18-2004 at 06:15 PM

I already knew this one... But it's a pain to the ass if you want to get rid of it :S

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by user27089 on 10-18-2004 at 06:16 PM

Whats a codec, i've never really been told and never really listened, but now, i'm intrigued..

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by .blade// on 10-18-2004 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Whats a codec, i've never really been told and never really listened, but now, i'm intrigued..

:S Basically it's a decoder for certain times of video compressions...
RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by The Napster on 10-18-2004 at 06:33 PM

Damn, i bet u dont even need most of em. ABout geting rid of em, i got a pack with uninstaller :D

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by Twan on 10-18-2004 at 07:05 PM

I already have a K-Lite codec pack with the most usefull codecs   but yeah  the bigger pack you install  the smaller the chance you can't play a audio/video file:)

Most used by movies and things are Divx, Xvid and AC3

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by CookieRevised on 10-18-2004 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Twan
but yeah  the bigger pack you install  the smaller the chance you can't play a audio/video file
and the bigger the chance for conflicts!!!!!!
RE: RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by Twan on 10-19-2004 at 04:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Twan
but yeah  the bigger pack you install  the smaller the chance you can't play a audio/video file
and the bigger the chance for conflicts!!!!!!

I guess so :S.... It's not like I will instal it but yeah... :)
RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by WDZ on 10-19-2004 at 04:48 AM

:dodgy:

I think the only codec I've ever had to install was DivX. :-/

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by Chrono on 10-19-2004 at 06:03 AM

kazaalite codec pack solved all the problems i had with codecs (u know, sometimes is not that easy to find the proper codecs to watch anime :dodgy:. dodgy encodings :wall:)

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by user13774 on 10-19-2004 at 12:08 PM

Yes Chrono, I've been using Kazaa Lite (officially called K-Lite) Codec Pack for some time now, and i've never had any problems concerning codecs. I've been using the standard version (there's also a Basic en Full version or something like that). Really like it (y) :happy:

Btw.. DON'T use the first link from google (k-litecodecpack.com). It's a FAKE site which requires your email. Don't use that one. It's a free codec pack!

Download:
http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm (Mirror List)
http://www.codec-download.de/modules.php?name=Dow...ewsdownload&sid=39 (Codec-download.de)

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by user27089 on 10-19-2004 at 12:10 PM

I don't see the real need for the codecs, and haven't had a proper explanation in to what they really are. So they just compress music and whatnot?

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by teddytim on 10-20-2004 at 10:33 PM

unless you download movies/tv shows off the net, you wont really need to download codec packs and install them on your computer.

"The term codec is also an acronym that stands for 'compression/decompression.' A codec is an algorithm, or specialized computer program, that reduces the number of bytes consumed by large files and programs."

using a codec to encode a video/audio file simply reduces its filesize so it can easily be distributed over the internet. 

with numerous codecs used to encode video/audio files, you need to have the correct codec installed on your pc before the files can be viewed or decompressed.

ie. if you have a 3ivx encoded file, you need to have the 3ivx codec installed on your computer before your media player can decode the file and play it for you.

another example is if you have a .zip file. you cannot use the contents of that zip file until it is unzipped. therefore you will need something on your computer to unzip it.

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found by saralk on 10-21-2004 at 02:19 PM

whats the point of downloading a codec pack like that, most media players will automatically download the codec for any videos you want to watch and dont have the codec already.

Ive only had to download the divx codec, and a codec for mkv files.