Shoutbox

plus popups take focus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: plus popups take focus (/showthread.php?tid=33214)

plus popups take focus by uam on 10-17-2004 at 10:41 AM

Hi,
when typing some message and Plus! popups appears, it takes the focus. This interrupts you writing the message, which is quite annoying.

Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.21.0104

RE: plus popups take focus by stuartbennett on 10-17-2004 at 05:59 PM

yes i encountered this myself when trying out that feature id get a messenger plus popup in say green and i had to always click on the red x to get rid of it before i could continue with what i was doing.

RE: plus popups take focus by user27089 on 10-17-2004 at 06:08 PM

isn't it just like the popup that comes up when someone signs in?? If so then you can disable this in the preferences box, its something like "Alert When Someone goes offline"

RE: plus popups take focus by uam on 10-17-2004 at 06:30 PM

well that's not the best solution, traxor. ;)

However, I don't remember this problem was in previous versions, was it?

RE: plus popups take focus by stuartbennett on 10-17-2004 at 07:03 PM

i do think traxor is correct however i dont remember this feature existing in older versions.

RE: RE: plus popups take focus by x2zen on 10-17-2004 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i do think traxor is correct however i dont remember this feature existing in older versions.

This feature has been here quit some time
RE: plus popups take focus by Patchou on 10-17-2004 at 07:28 PM

I'll check it out.. obviously, its not supposed to do that.

RE: RE: RE: plus popups take focus by stuartbennett on 10-17-2004 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
quote:

This feature has been here quit some time

Are you sure? i dont remember seeing this feature in older versions. it was only after installing 3.21.104 that i was able to change the colour of the popup messages and to use them for more than just sign in/out notifications i remember cause i remember making them green and having to click the giant red x on them to close them i was also able to specify how long in seconds each popup remained on screen in the preferences.
RE: RE: RE: RE: plus popups take focus by x2zen on 10-17-2004 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Are you sure? i dont remember seeing this feature in older versions. it was only after installing 3.21.104 that i was able to change the colour of the popup messages and to use them for more than just sign in/out notifications i remember cause i remember making them green and having to click the giant red x on them to close them i was also able to specify how long in seconds each popup remained on screen in the preferences.

Oh, i'm sure
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: plus popups take focus by stuartbennett on 10-17-2004 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
quote:

Oh, i'm sure

were obviously not talking about the same feature then so where does the feature im talking about come from if its not in plus?(H)
RE: plus popups take focus by twigboy on 10-17-2004 at 11:39 PM

is this the bug that would take u back to desktop if ur playing full screen games?

RE: plus popups take focus by stuartbennett on 10-18-2004 at 06:38 AM

no ive never experienced a bug that takes me out of a full screen game but whiole you mention it popups from messenger and plus do appear in full screen games even when i selected the option for them not to appear in full screen applications and if you click them they do take you out of the game this needs to bge fixed.

RE: plus popups take focus by twigboy on 10-18-2004 at 07:52 AM

thats strange
if i set myself on busy mode, the popup killer will maximise the chat window and bring me out of the game

if its on away, it'll just popup but i can still see it (and accidently click on it), but it wont take me out of the game

RE: plus popups take focus by stuartbennett on 10-18-2004 at 01:49 PM

weird. patchou whats your diagnosis on this?

RE: plus popups take focus by twigboy on 10-18-2004 at 01:54 PM

i think somenoe's already asked about it, not sure tho
"he says its the only way it can be done" or something

RE: plus popups take focus by stuartbennett on 10-18-2004 at 02:03 PM

oh ok i see.

RE: plus popups take focus by CookieRevised on 10-18-2004 at 02:38 PM

quote:
yes i encountered this myself when trying out that feature id get a messenger plus popup in say green and i had to always click on the red x to get rid of it before i could continue with what i was doing.
Since when can you change the color of the toasts? I don't think you're talking about a messenger Plus! feature here. Also the toasts from Messenger Plus! don't steal the focus with me. I think you're talking about some plugin which shows toast also, and not about Messenger Plus!...

quote:
Are you sure? i dont remember seeing this feature in older versions.
The ability for showing a popup for other events in Messenger exists for a very long time in Messenger Plus!
RE: plus popups take focus by RaceProUK on 10-18-2004 at 02:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Since when can you change the color of the toasts? I don't think you're talking about a messenger Plus! feature here. Also the toasts from Messenger Plus! don't steal the focus with me. I think you're talking about some plugin which shows toast also, and not about Messenger Plus!...
MessengerDiscovery possibly?
The fact that, in 16 posts, *no-one* thought of that... really...
RE: plus popups take focus by stuartbennett on 10-18-2004 at 02:48 PM

i know that feature exists for a while in that it can shoe a few more things than normal msn can like when a contact changes their nickname but all the other things im talking about werent available in plus. maybe im thinking of a feature from messengerdiscovery but i was sure it was from plus.

RE: plus popups take focus by RaceProUK on 10-18-2004 at 02:49 PM

MessengerDiscovery (for the second time now).

RE: plus popups take focus by twigboy on 10-18-2004 at 02:52 PM

whats message discovery?

RE: plus popups take focus by RaceProUK on 10-18-2004 at 02:55 PM

http://www.messengerdiscovery.com

RE: plus popups take focus by twigboy on 10-18-2004 at 03:05 PM

just went thru an awfully long list of "features"
nothing really appealing compared to MsgPlus

RE: plus popups take focus by uam on 10-18-2004 at 07:12 PM

Hey guys, this was only little attention to a little problem, I wasn't going to begin such discussion :D

To your problems. Yes, I think this could cause switching from full-screen applications.

Just turning off the popups of course solves the problem, but that's not the thing, since I've turned on this feature because I find it usefull, so it would be better to correct the problem. The more because I really think this didn't happened before.

I know if it has something to do with it - most probably not, but since version .137, the contact which goes online remains on the desktop in non-translucent state...

RE: plus popups take focus by CookieRevised on 10-18-2004 at 07:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by uam
Just turning off the popups of course solves the problem, but that's not the thing, since I've turned on this feature because I find it usefull, so it would be better to correct the problem. The more because I really think this didn't happened before.
and it doesn't happen here with Plus! 3.21.105. :undecided:

quote:
Originally posted by uam
I know if it has something to do with it - most probably not, but since version .137, the contact which goes online remains on the desktop in non-translucent state...
What exactly do you mean? Be clear...    ".137"? I assume you mean MSN Messenger 6.2.0137, so be clear, not everybody will know about what you're talking about. Also, This feature ("floating contacts" or also caleld "desktop contacts") is a feature of Plus! and has nothing to do with MSN Messenger itself. The contact indeed remains on the desktop, unless you set it so in the preferences of Messenger Plus! that it must be hidden when it goes "offline" or "not online". So what's the problem with that?

Also, to not confuse people and to not clutter up threads, try to stick to 1 bug in 1 thread (unless you know for 200% certain that it is a small true bug which doesn't need any discussion). ;)