Shoutbox

Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus (/showthread.php?tid=33313)

Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by battleborn on 10-19-2004 at 08:00 AM

Guys, dont you think Mr. Patchou should add a external contact list, or aka. Contact list enlarger into Plus. Many plus users have over the limit of 150 contacts, including me. And i dont wish to create another account to contain another hundred, because i would like to log in both at a time. And using polygamy, i have to type my password again and again for the second account

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by Pyroteq on 10-19-2004 at 08:04 AM

I vote yes, limited contacts annoys the piss out of me.

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by CookieRevised on 10-19-2004 at 08:14 AM

I voted yes, although this implies lots of changes and protocol handling (which Patchou has said in the past he wont do).

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by battleborn on 10-19-2004 at 08:33 AM

Oh, i see, man, that sucks. Hope patchou would change his mind

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by ipab on 10-19-2004 at 09:32 AM

this is in the wrong section btw :undecided:

and there is already a program that does that, Messenger Discovery :D
www.messengerdiscovery.com
the feature is called "Extended Contact List"

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by FrozernFire on 10-19-2004 at 10:24 AM

oh well. md doesn't work for me. can it be done as a plugin? im noob and haf no idea

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by user27089 on 10-19-2004 at 12:31 PM

At this moment in time, its not really needed as microsoft are increasing the amount to 250 i think or something around that figure, I voted 'no' because a lot of people have people on their lists that they have never/don't even talk to. I think that its just a waste of space tbh, but as its in popular demand at the moment, go for messenger discovery. 

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by battleborn on 10-19-2004 at 12:37 PM

:( But, i have friends who have like 5 accounts.and unless they have alot of contacts, whey wouldnt bother.

And as you mentioned, " People usually have contact they dont talk to"
all my contacts i will talk to right now, because over the time , i have deleted thsoe tht i dont talk to , and replaced with those who are closer to me.

So i vote yes again .

(Hope patchou notice this )

Oh ya, and messengerdiscovery doesnt work for me. i have downloaded the missing dll from the web, and placed it in the program folder . But it doesnt get logged on. Running Os. Win 98 SE. No Firewall at all. Just reformatted so all should have no clashse. When i said just, i mean 2 hours before i type this message

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by CookieRevised on 10-19-2004 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dreamweaver
this is in the wrong section btw :undecided:
Nope it isn't... Plus! suggestions go to "MsgPlus General Talk".

quote:
Originally posted by dreamweaver
and there is already a program that does that, Messenger Discovery :D
True, but it doesn't work for lots of people...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
At this moment in time, its not really needed as microsoft are increasing the amount to 250 i think or something around that figure
This is only a rumour and nothing is confirmed. Also, I highly doubt this...

EDIT: The MSN Messenger development team said they "will try increase it a bit, but it isn't for the near futur". In other words, don't keep your hopes up...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I voted 'no' because a lot of people have people on their lists that they have never/don't even talk to.
And other people do have more then 150 active contacts...
RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by riahc4 on 10-19-2004 at 03:13 PM

Seriously............some of you talk to all 150 contacts on your list......?

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by CookieRevised on 10-19-2004 at 05:24 PM

Not that it is any of your business ;) but yes I do talk to them...

Some occasionally (once a month), others very often, others almost constantly (and those are the majority (+100 people))....

For me, MSN Messenger isn't the occasional fun-chat-buddy-client. But is a tool which I use for work: online meetings, etc. (hence I often block entire groups when I'm busy with a meeting and such)..

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by Choli on 10-19-2004 at 07:20 PM

I don't need it but also even if it's included, it'd only work in one computer.... I couldn't have 200 contacts @ home, add one more, to go work and see the 201 contacts I had @ home :-/

RE: Adding an External COntact list to Msg Plus by battleborn on 10-20-2004 at 12:08 PM

But i usually use msn at home... onli