Shoutbox

Remain online but don't receive any messages. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Remain online but don't receive any messages. (/showthread.php?tid=33372)

Remain online but don't receive any messages. by jasonallen on 10-20-2004 at 03:54 PM

Is there any plug in I could use so that my status is online but I wont receive any message from any contacts. I want to do this so that I can present my radio show with MSN open so that they can see that I am onair but also that I dont get bombarded with messages.

PS. I'm onair tonight at 9pm BST, 8pm GMT on CMP Radio

Visit the StevoRadio website for more details.

RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by toddy on 10-20-2004 at 03:59 PM

u can use stuffplug_ng and add your contacts to the ignore list feature.

that will make it so that they think that they have sent you a message, but u will  not see what the contact says

RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by jasonallen on 10-20-2004 at 04:08 PM

I thot of that but I have more than 100 contacts and I only want it to be temporary so it would take ages to add contacts and then remove them again an hour later.

RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by Millenium_edition on 10-20-2004 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by j.g.allen
I thot of that but I have more than 100 contacts and I only want it to be temporary so it would take ages to add contacts and then remove them again an hour later.
can't you just lock your messenger?
RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by benjyrama on 10-20-2004 at 04:10 PM

why u would u wanna do that, just appear offline...

RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by jasonallen on 10-20-2004 at 04:11 PM

quote:
can't you just lock your messenger?

Ahhh.....genius ! Forgot about that !

Thanks
RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by benjyrama on 10-20-2004 at 04:11 PM

was that me hoo solved it? or millenium_edition

RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by toddy on 10-20-2004 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
was that me hoo solved it?

no :-/ it was lock messenger
RE: RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by jasonallen on 10-20-2004 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
was that me hoo solved it? or millenium_edition

Answer your question?
RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by benjyrama on 10-20-2004 at 04:13 PM

how do u lock messenger?

RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by jasonallen on 10-20-2004 at 04:16 PM

on main contact window, click plus! and lock messenger !

RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by riahc4 on 10-21-2004 at 03:00 PM

yea but when you unlock messenger youll get bombed with messages right?

RE: Remain online but don't receive any messages. by toddy on 10-21-2004 at 03:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
yea but when you unlock messenger youll get bombed with messages right?

yes !!!

well u get the meesages that people have sent you while u had messenger locked