Shoutbox

Check for plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Check for plus (/showthread.php?tid=33374)

Check for plus by mmusique4 on 10-20-2004 at 04:47 PM

When a contact is online and and you go to contact information there is a box that will let you "check for plus". My question is will the contact be aware of you checking to see if they have plus installed?

RE: Check for plus by Mnjul on 10-20-2004 at 04:51 PM

Yep, because Plus! initiates a conversation, and sends a special request (the Ping! request) to your contact. Indeed, your contact will see the request in the form of normal instant message. If your contact has Plus! installed, his Plus! will respond to the request and you'll know that your contact has Plus!. :)

RE: Check for plus by mmusique4 on 10-20-2004 at 04:53 PM

thankyou

RE: Check for plus by Eljay on 10-20-2004 at 05:00 PM

not necessarily
you can turn off "respond to ping requests" in the plus! preferences

RE: Check for plus by mmusique4 on 10-20-2004 at 08:35 PM

So if i turn off "respond to ping contacts", then you are saying the contact will not be aware if checking for plus?

RE: Check for plus by WDZ on 10-20-2004 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mmusique4
So if i turn off "respond to ping contacts", then you are saying the contact will not be aware if checking for plus?
No. leejeffery's post was actually pretty useless. :p
RE: Check for plus by Tochjo on 10-20-2004 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mmusique4
No. When you turn off respond to ping contacts, and one of your contacts check you for Plus!, then you will not automatically send the "Pong!" reply, so it will look like you don't have it installed.

This is useful for people who wish not to show they have it installed for some reason.