Shoutbox

I Have A Comp Problem!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: I Have A Comp Problem!!! (/showthread.php?tid=33385)

I Have A Comp Problem!!! by LoochTheMan on 10-20-2004 at 07:51 PM

I turned on my computer today and b4 windows opened i was prompted with a black screen and white writing saying that i have not shut my computer down properly (which i do and have been), and it gives me a list of options to choose from:

Safe Mode, Safe Mode With Command Prompt, Safe Mode With Networking, Last Known configurations, and Start Windows.

Now, i have tried every single of of these options and they all bring to me a blue page with white writing, sayin that the computer has shut down windows to prevent it from being damaged.  Under this it says:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Then at the very bottom it says:

Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x80EF68F8,0xC0000032,0x00000000,0x00000000)

If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be apreciated.  I am using my laptop to write this message, but i need my computer fixed.

Thnx

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by .blade// on 10-20-2004 at 07:53 PM

My friend, congratulations - you have a virus :dodgy:
Have you tried inserting the windows disc, booting from it and selecting "Repair Windows"?

If that doesn't work, and you want to save the files on the HDD, I would reccomend accessing the files externally, or  installing another OS on a seccond HDD or partitioning the HDD and installing aseccond OS.

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by user27089 on 10-20-2004 at 07:54 PM

You may have to reboot your system i'm afraid, if you're using windows xp then you can do a system restore, and it'll fix all of windows xp without getting rid of anything.

TO do this, start up the pc and it'll give you instructions to do so, but this is only the case if your pc was built for xp..

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by LoochTheMan on 10-20-2004 at 08:03 PM

How do i access the cd after ive inserted it into my computer?

And yes i do have xp

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by .blade// on 10-20-2004 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
How do i access the cd after ive inserted it into my computer?

And yes i do have xp

There should be an option on the BIOS boot screen that says "___ for boot menu" and you select how u want to boot from there. It's usually F12 but it can be differnet for different BIOS. What's your BIOS (or computer make)?
RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by matty on 10-20-2004 at 08:24 PM

The easy way of fixing this is inserting your Windows XP CD Rom and let it load to the Installation.

You want to select R for repair.
It will ask Which Windows Install you want to log into, select C:\Windows (press the number corresponding to this)
It will ask for the Administrator Password, simply press enter unless you have changed it.

You will come to a commad prompt for C:\Windows>
type in chkdsk /r and let this run and after do your Windows Update for it.

If it wont boot into the install then if might come up saying Press anykey to boot from cd rom, when you see that press enter and do the steps above.

If that doesn't work you will have to check the BIOS on your PC to make sure it is set to CD Rom as the first Boot Device or whatever you have.

quote:
Originally posted by blade
It's usually F12 but it can be differnet for different BIOS.
The default is Del actually. But it depends on the Manufacturer of the PC and the Manufactuer of the Motherboard.

As "blade" (cause he complained I used his real name in my posts) said what type of PC do you have?

Just so you know its nothing anyone has done to the PC it was a Microsoft Fuck Up, basically Windows Can't mount the HDD to find out how to load it into windows.
RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by LoochTheMan on 10-20-2004 at 09:26 PM

I have Windows XP Pro on an hp computer (not sure what model.) It will not let me run the cd from the black screen nor the blue screen. :S

Thnx For Ne help I get

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by matty on 10-20-2004 at 09:36 PM

Ok try this

Tap F10 once you see your HP Invent Logo it will take you to your built in recovery Press Alt+D it should take you to a command prompt. Then try typing in chkdsk /r

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by LoochTheMan on 10-20-2004 at 09:59 PM

That did not work:S

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by matty on 10-20-2004 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
I have Windows XP Pro on an hp computer (not sure what model.) It will not let me run the cd from the black screen nor the blue screen. :S

Thnx For Ne help I get
Insert the CD and restart your computer for it to boot off of it.

LoochTheMan: check your PM for my email add me to MSN I will help you out there

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by gnownoskcid on 10-21-2004 at 02:10 AM

1) insert windows bootup disk
2) turn on comp
3) run with cd support
4) enter: "format c:"
5) insert windows cd
6) run setup from cd (ex: d:\setup.exe)
7) reinstall windows

RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by matty on 10-21-2004 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
1) insert windows bootup disk
2) turn on comp
3) run with cd support
4) enter: "format c:"
5) insert windows cd
6) run setup from cd (ex: d:\setup.exe)
7) reinstall windows
If your going to tell someone to format their PC atleast give them good fast parameters format c: /autotest /q

Anyways we are fixing it as we speak on MSN Messenger.
RE: I Have A Comp Problem!!! by Mike on 10-21-2004 at 11:31 AM

Just a tip:
Never ever try to let windows XP repair the installation.
You wont be able to boot from the HD again!
I did it two times and i wasnt able to boot.