Shoutbox

Verify email in msn messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Verify email in msn messenger (/showthread.php?tid=33386)

Verify email in msn messenger by Trey27 on 10-20-2004 at 07:54 PM

Hey everyone, can you guys help me on this one. I just registered with msn and when I went to verify my email address . msn never sends the email with the link in it!! anyone know what I should do??

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by leito on 10-20-2004 at 07:57 PM

Try adding ppmsvcmg@passport.net to your safelist, I receive the verification email from this address.

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Tochjo on 10-20-2004 at 08:00 PM

Try to resend the verification email (in the File menu, you'll find such an option).

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Trey27 on 10-20-2004 at 08:00 PM

I have already

Do you know what leito.gt meant about adding ppmsvcmg@passport.net to my safelist?

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by RebelSean on 10-20-2004 at 08:02 PM

In the main msn window, signin. Then hit the file tab in that window. Then hit the text resend the varification email.

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Trey27 on 10-20-2004 at 08:09 PM

Ok when I signed in to msn messenger I go to file then verify my email address. Then I click on send mail in the next window that pops up. Then when I go to my email inbox nothing is there. now I don't have an msn account, I am using another service. is this what's affecting it? can I use an email other than hotmail or msn? say for instance yahoo or aol?

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Menthix on 10-20-2004 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Trey27
can I use an email other than hotmail or msn? say for instance yahoo or aol?
Yes you can perfectly. The easiest way if to go to www.passport.net and signup with you non-hotmail adress there. But i guess you already did that?

However, not recieving the confirmation email is a known problem for me. Some of my friends had this too. Sometimes it can take up to 48 hours, and sometimes the email doesn't send at all. They best you can do is to wait about 24 hours, if you didn't recieve it by then you could resend it. If you still don't recieve the confirmation mail then you could try to contact Microsoft about it.

Also make sure the confirmation email isn't blocked by any spamfilter on your emailservice.
RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Trey27 on 10-20-2004 at 08:25 PM

ok cool, I sent msn support an email, hopefully they will respond. Thanks alot for the help guys.

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by The Dean on 06-07-2007 at 09:19 AM

I am having this problem as well and in the drop down menu for file
I do not have the option of resending the verification. So do I just send an email requesting verification to ppmsvcmg@passport.net ?

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by MattyRid on 06-07-2007 at 09:55 AM

did you check you junk email folder incase it ended up in there?

Also did you go to account.live.com and look around there?

Another suggestion, perhaps try editing your details, and see if it works, never know.

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Paul on 07-07-2007 at 03:53 AM

I had the same problem and I found what worked. On the left side of the messenger window is an icon of a bell. This icon is used for setting up alerts. When you click on it, you are taken to the alerts web site where you can sign up for an alert. Pick an alert to subscribe to (it's free). Follow the prompts and you will eventually be asked where you would like the alerts to be sent. If you select email and the email is not verified, it will send the email verification to you. If you want, you can then unsubscribe from the alert.

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by mysteryink on 11-19-2007 at 05:23 PM

My whole office had this problem, because the system admin that was here before did not allow outside email. Here is how to have Microsoft resend the Verification email. I searched for hours, and finally stumpled across this.

https://account.live.com/verifysi.aspx?mkt=en-us&rp=profiles

-MysteryInk;)

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by lykos1865 on 02-14-2008 at 02:06 PM

hi i have registered a fake address at live.com i use aurora.project@nasa.gov as my msn mail.  of course this adress does not exist so i can not verify it. so my question is: can i, somehow, trace the email which has been sent to my address? so i can read it and follow the link inside it. plz help. thx in advance (p.s. Messenger Plus! rules!)

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Spunky on 02-14-2008 at 05:10 PM

No. The email will just get bounced back to them when it's found AFAIK

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by wosten on 12-15-2009 at 12:40 AM

Hello .. am in a trouble
i made an email account on msn.com i make it  per example like this : somethine@something.com
but i couldnt get an inbox so what should i do ?
i need an inbox to verify my account
so plz tell me how should i get an inbox
thanks alot

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Lou on 12-15-2009 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wosten
Hello .. am in a trouble
i made an email account on msn.com i make it  per example like this : somethine@something.com
but i couldnt get an inbox so what should i do ?
i need an inbox to verify my account
so plz tell me how should i get an inbox
thanks alot
Are you trying to have access to the inbox of an email address that doesn't exist?
RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Menthix on 12-15-2009 at 01:22 AM

If you have no way to receive email on the address you are using you cant confirm your account. If it's not an @msn.* or @live.* address you will need to arrange email accass yourself. How you do that depends on your situation. If you own the domain of the address you could use a service like Google apps or windows live domains to create an emailbox. If you don't own the domain, ask the admin how to access your email. If the admin doesn't give you an mailbox or you don't know who controls the domain you're out of luck.

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by kezz on 12-15-2009 at 06:48 AM

Expanding on Menthix's post, if you create a Google Mail account, and use that for the verification of your non-@hotmail/live/msn.com address, that would be one solution to your issues.

It is probably easier if you just use the normal @hotmail/msn/live email adresses. But that's up to you of course.

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by sora on 06-27-2010 at 05:59 PM

hi, I done all the suggestions listed in this thread, I verified my email addy and they told me it was already verified/didnt need to be verified, however i STILL cannot change my display name in messenger...im just about ready to delete it n go back to the old one.

Any suggestions?

please and thanks!!!

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by Rupanwita on 02-11-2011 at 07:14 AM

I just registered on MSN.
They told me to verify your email address first and for that you have to check your inbox.
When I tried to go to the inbox, they are telling me to verify first again.
I again sent an verification message and try to go to my inbox, the same thing comes all over again, first verify.
How do I get through it? Please help.

RE: Verify email in msn messenger by CookieRevised on 02-11-2011 at 08:37 AM

Could you give more specific details, Rupanwita? Because a few things don't make sense otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by Rupanwita
I just registered on MSN.
On which page (url) exactly was it?

quote:
They told me to verify your email address first and for that you have to check your inbox.
With "they" I assume you mean Messenger?

Messenger should only ask to verify your email address if the email is not a Hotmail/MSN/Windows Live email address though. Because Hotmail/MSN/Windws Live email addresses don't need manual verification since they are automatically verified as being legit.

But... since you also said:
quote:
When I tried to go to the inbox, they are telling me to verify first again.
It seems you did register with a Hotmail email address? Or not? What kind of email address did you register?

And how did you try to go to your inbox? Via the email inbox link/icon of Messenger or did you manually go to http://www.hotmail.com/ using your internet browser ?

Finally, what exactly do you mean with 'registering'? Do you mean you created a new, not yet existing, email address? Or did you realy meant registering an already existing (non-hotmail) email to be used in Messenger?