Shoutbox

Sugestion and sadness... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Sugestion and sadness... (/showthread.php?tid=33394)

Sugestion and sadness... by Jhrono on 10-20-2004 at 09:30 PM

Hi..this is it..wasn't it possible u'd set an automatic PM in everybodys birthday...this idea came up because in my birthday only part of my family and 2 of my friends...when i have about 20...gave me happy birthday...i was at home  in my bed criyng...looking at the clock 'cause after midnight it will be gone...it was suposed to be one of the years happy days...it wasn't..god i was so sad:S...this idea is for everybody who likes to be happy...now here's the hot phrase...You only give value to things when you don't have them...enjoy life...HuG

RE: Sugestion and sadness... by Menthix on 10-20-2004 at 09:37 PM

Uhhh, Automatic PM on birthday where? On the forum? I'd say no anyway. Automatic messages don't have any value to me when it comes to people caring about me.

Anyway, congratz! Even though i'm late.

RE: Sugestion and sadness... by Jhrono on 10-20-2004 at 09:39 PM

man i understand that...but it will just SEEM you were remembered at least for one thing site person whatever u want...

btw thanks...(even though your late it'll do...and even though i don't know you;))

RE: Sugestion and sadness... by WDZ on 10-21-2004 at 03:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Automatic messages don't have any value to me when it comes to people caring about me.
Yeah, exactly. A PHP script sending you a hard-coded "happy birthday" message is even sadder than nothing at all... :lol:
RE: Sugestion and sadness... by RebelSean on 10-21-2004 at 03:56 AM

WDZ, this thread has to do with auto pm's and stuff, so I guese this would be ontopic. I dont fell like starting a new thread in Forum and website...But anyways, why cant we have something when we put our status away, and some n00b PM's you and it just auto replies with your away status? I find that that would be very helpfull. What do ya think...?

RE: Sugestion and sadness... by Pyroteq on 10-21-2004 at 03:57 AM

meh..wouldnt mean much to me either because i know its just being sent by a machine with no ones thoughts, only my family and two of my friends remembered mine (a few months back) no one on here did either lol but as you can see a few months down the track im fine.

RE: Sugestion and sadness... by Chrono on 10-21-2004 at 04:24 AM

sean if u dont reply they aint going to kill u so :P