Shoutbox

Changin DP i MSN using handles/subclassing exe - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Changin DP i MSN using handles/subclassing exe (/showthread.php?tid=33417)

Changin DP i MSN using handles/subclassing exe by Ash_ on 10-21-2004 at 01:35 PM

does anyone know how to get the change display picture box up in Visual Basic becasue i ve tried several ways. i tried the EnumWindows API and sieving through all of the handles (not there) ive tried to push buttons from the main messenger window and inside a conversation but with no success and a friedn said i might subclass the exe but before i start looking at that i wanna know if ive tried every possible way. anyone have any ideas /apis i havent tested yet?

RE: Changin DP i MSN using handles/subclassing exe by RaceProUK on 10-21-2004 at 06:06 PM

I've seen somewhere you can use the MyProperty thingy in the Messenger API with an index of 2 to change DP. Can't remember how though: twas on Mess.be forum.

RE: Changin DP i MSN using handles/subclassing exe by Ash_ on 10-22-2004 at 01:33 AM

yeh. i found out about that but i dont wanna use the API because not everyone has the API installed and in the future i might wanna release it or something. thanks anyway raceprouk

RE: Changin DP i MSN using handles/subclassing exe by RaceProUK on 10-22-2004 at 06:42 AM

Everyone DOES have the API installed just so long as they haven't fscked up Windows Messenger. Also, you won't find an easier way of doing it.
I suggest using the API where possible: it'll make your life so much easier.

code:
MSN.MyPropery(2)
to be exact.
RE: RE: Changin DP i MSN using handles/subclassing exe by Ash_ on 10-25-2004 at 02:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
code:
MSN.MyPropery(2)
to be exact.

but dont you have to dim MSN as a New Messenger API aswell.
thanks raceprouk my friedn beta tested the thing i was working on but hes stuffed up his windows messengers

thanks (Y)
RE: Changin DP i MSN using handles/subclassing exe by RaceProUK on 10-25-2004 at 05:59 PM

If it's a Plus plugin, just save the oMessenger variable passed to Initialize().