Shoutbox

PS3 vs. XBOX 2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 (/showthread.php?tid=33485)

PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-22-2004 at 05:26 PM

I was reading the focus magazine again as i do quite a bit when my dad buys it, and it had a gaming thing inside it that had the speeds for the xb2x and ps3 :p :p they're quite official, but the actual speeds will be around these:

Playstation 3
Processor: 2.6GHz or more.
Hard Drive: No.
Extras: Built-in networking, High-Definition TV (HDTV) compatibility, two models.
Looks: Rumoured Disc-Shaped apperance.
Controllers: Joypad, headset, advanced camera with recognition Technology.

XBOX 2
Processor: 3.5 - 5 GHz.
Hard Drive: Unknown.
Extras: Built-in networking, High-Definition TV (HDTV) compatibility.
Looks: Much smaller than the highly criticised bulky xbox.
Controllers: playstation like joypad, voice communicator.

but unfortunately still no pictures of the consoles themselves :(

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Eljay on 10-22-2004 at 05:28 PM

well i will probably buy PS3 then save and get XBOX 2 when they come out
ive heard rumours they might be coming out on the same day :|

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-22-2004 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
well i will probably buy PS3 then save and get XBOX 2 when they come out
ive heard rumours they might be coming out on the same day :|

I doubt it because the market for either wouldn't be that noticeable but it all goes down to the choice of the manufacturers, if they want to release them on the same day, then so be it, but I don't think that its a very smart idea, because certain individuals don't look at the specs they look for the style.

When people who bought the ps2 then bought the xbox, they noticed the significant different in the graphics, games and the speed, I think that this will be the case in ps3 and xbox 2... I just can't wait until they release pictures of the models.
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-22-2004 at 06:00 PM

Xbox 2 for halo 3 :drool:

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-22-2004 at 06:04 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, it also has a list of upcoming games in the future that are pretty much in production. I'll type that out or scan it in later though ;)

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by RebelSean on 10-22-2004 at 06:35 PM

Me and ma brother read this like yesterday while searching the net for PS2 codes. I found some concepts, and some images saying there "official". I will search threw the heaps and heaps of history I have, and try to find them. Anyhow, PS3 (y).

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Abz2k4 on 10-22-2004 at 06:36 PM

XBOX 2 will 0wn PS3's ass

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-22-2004 at 06:37 PM

By the way, that 'disk shaped' PS3 was actually an elaborate fake made by a French artist:

[Image: ps3.jpg]

I like this one :P:
[Image: controller.jpg]

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pyroteq on 10-23-2004 at 04:11 AM

ill probly get an Xbox2 over the PS3 because i currently own a PS2 and  Xbox and i like my xbox better apart from the fact that it has a shitty tompson drive in it

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by gnownoskcid on 10-23-2004 at 04:23 AM

right now the only cosole i have is my sega saturn, i'll probaly get the ps4... someday... :wall:

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pyroteq on 10-23-2004 at 04:35 AM

i have a sega (the black one?) and a SNES too.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .Roy on 10-23-2004 at 08:45 AM

me gets xbox 2... Cuz i love microsofts software :-P

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by spokes on 10-23-2004 at 10:28 AM

DureX wtf u been takin???,

its ps3 all the way :)

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Millenium_edition on 10-23-2004 at 10:32 AM

xbox 2 - better system specs. that means, better.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-23-2004 at 10:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by spokes25
DureX wtf u been takin???,

its ps3 all the way :)

I don't really see how you can say this, you don't have any argument against the xbox 2, you're not persuading anyone without valid info mate ;)

xbox 2, better specs, better graphics, better console

think about it, microsoft is pretty much in every household anyway (windows) ... so they must be brilliant.. the xbox 2 will just be outrageous but amazing,.
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .Roy on 10-23-2004 at 11:19 AM

Microsoft has nice big pockets full of nice big wallets and nice big money.. Thats also why i expect much more from them.. Meaning they will bring good results... And im not willing to change my vote into PS3... I wonder how many buttons Xbox 2 will have on the controller...

before gamecube and xbox there were very little amount of buttons on the controller.. but now xbox has over 10 for sure.. Im not ready to count yet :-P

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by spokes on 10-23-2004 at 11:23 AM

precisely, look at windows, look how crud that is, the 1st xbox is crud. ps2 is gd, ps3 will b good, i dnt mind about the spec

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-23-2004 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
Microsoft has nice big pockets full of nice big wallets and nice big money.. Thats also why i expect much more from them.. Meaning they will bring good results... And im not willing to change my vote into PS3... I wonder how many buttons Xbox 2 will have on the controller...

before gamecube and xbox there were very little amount of buttons on the controller.. but now xbox has over 10 for sure.. Im not ready to count yet :-P

actually, a xbox has the exact same amount of buttons on its controller as a ps2 controller,

4 main buttons, white and black, 2 triggers, start and back button and 1 dpad and two analog sticks. = 10 Buttons 3 controllers.

ps2 has:

4 Main buttons, 4 triggers, start and select button, dpad, 2 analog sticks = 10 buttons 3 controllers ...

;) ;)

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pyroteq on 10-24-2004 at 09:55 AM

The xbox controller is just bigger therefore making it look like it has more buttons, although the S controller is the same size or smaller than a PS2 controller but i dont like it because i have normal controllers so its piss hard to get used to, plus i just mash all four buttons in the area being half the size of the normal controller.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-24-2004 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
The xbox controller is just bigger therefore making it look like it has more buttons, although the S controller is the same size or smaller than a PS2 controller but i dont like it because i have normal controllers so its piss hard to get used to, plus i just mash all four buttons in the area being half the size of the normal controller.

I can't stand the small controllers either, but i'm really annoyed because microsoft have discontinued the 'bulkier' controllers which I am so used to, so you have to buy pre-owned ones, which sucks.
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pyroteq on 10-24-2004 at 10:23 AM

And also they are coming standard as S controllers. I allready Brought 4 large controllers so its okay.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-24-2004 at 10:25 AM

quote:
And also they are coming standard as S controllers. I allready Brought 4 large controllers so its okay.
I already broke 2 controllers so I only have one, I'm going to go out a buy a couple of large controllers soon. I wonder why microsoft discontinued the larger controllers..
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pyroteq on 10-24-2004 at 10:32 AM

Ill probly buy a spare one, i know ill end up brakeing one or two with the way they get treated around here.

Probly because people complained about the inital size and microsoft decided hey F*** it lets just make small controllers, thier cheaper and will please most younger users. I didnt like the size to start with either but got used to it after a few days.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-24-2004 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Ill probly buy a spare one, i know ill end up brakeing one or two with the way they get treated around here.

Probly because people complained about the inital size and microsoft decided hey F*** it lets just make small controllers, thier cheaper and will please most younger users. I didnt like the size to start with either but got used to it after a few days.

I'm going to buy 3 soon so that I can always be sure that i have one, i can't get used to using the smaller controllers, my mum and dad bought me a smaller one which was wireless, but I didn't like it at all, the triggers are tiny!! I could hardly press them.
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 12:14 AM

Actually, the REAL reason the Controller-S was designed was for the Asian market (where most people couldn't even reach all the buttons on the original controller).

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pyroteq on 10-25-2004 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
Actually, the REAL reason the Controller-S was designed was for the Asian market (where most people couldn't even reach all the buttons on the original controller).

lmao how very true.

i cant press the X,Y,A,B buttons because im used to them being big so i end up pressing a few of them insted of one! not to mention the triggers!
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pipish on 10-25-2004 at 08:42 AM

:lol: @ all the ps3 supporters xbox 2 will 0wn j00

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by _Humphreys on 10-25-2004 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Playstation 3
Processor: 2.6GHz or more.
Hard Drive: No.
Extras: Built-in networking, High-Definition TV (HDTV) compatibility, two models.
Looks: Rumoured Disc-Shaped apperance.
Controllers: Joypad, headset, advanced camera with recognition Technology.

XBOX 2
Processor: 3.5 - 5 GHz.
Hard Drive: Unknown.
Extras: Built-in networking, High-Definition TV (HDTV) compatibility.
Looks: Much smaller than the highly criticised bulky xbox.
Controllers: playstation like joypad, voice communicator.

What the Mighty PS3 has a worse processor than the XBOX 2 :^). Well I hope the PS3 has the better graphics hopefully.
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pyroteq on 10-25-2004 at 12:58 PM

Xbox pwnz

RE: RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Abz2k4 on 10-25-2004 at 12:59 PM

quote:
What the Mighty PS3 has a worse processor than the XBOX 2 :^). Well I hope the PS3 has the better graphics hopefully.

Mighty PS3? The PS3 has never seemed "mighty" compared with the XBOX2
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by M73A on 10-25-2004 at 01:08 PM

would always pick ps3 over xbox, never had xbox, had every playstation.....

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-25-2004 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme

To be honest, is that very possible, cause if it has amazing graphics then it would need a good processor, which the ps3 doesn't have... I know it also has stuff to do with all of the other specs, but as it stands, it won't be the case, xbox 2 will have great graphics.

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
would always pick ps3 over xbox, never had xbox, had every playstation.....

Why would you do this, if you have hardly any experience with games on xbox's then you are missing out and being biased towards a single console, most other people have had or played for hours upon end on every playstation console, but xbox has the improved graphics etc. So why would you choose this?
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 05:33 PM

:dodgy:
Xenon will kick PS3's ass spec and game wise.

quote:
had every playstation.....
:dodgy: There have only been 2 :dodgy:
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-25-2004 at 06:14 PM

quote:
:dodgy:
Xenon will kick PS3's ass spec and game wise.
quote:
had every playstation.....
:dodgy: There have only been 2 :dodgy:
Well sorry to correct you but there were in fact three, but the psone which is a different model to the psx was in fact a new console, as the interior was slightly improved, it was like an upgrade..
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Well sorry to correct you but there were in fact three, but the psone which is a different model to the psx was in fact a new console, as the interior was slightly improved, it was like an upgrade..

But the fact remains - it has the same controller, same memory card, same basic spec.s, and the SAME GAMES, therefore it's the same console. Different Xbox's have different DVD readers - OMFG THEY'RE DIFFERENT CONSOLES! :dodgy:
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-25-2004 at 06:33 PM

quote:
quote:

But the fact remains - it has the same controller, same memory card, same basic spec.s, and the SAME GAMES, therefore it's the same console. Different Xbox's have different DVD readers - OMFG THEY'RE DIFFERENT CONSOLES! :dodgy:

Yes it does have the same games, controllers and memory cards, but the interior is in fact different, which makes it a new model of that console, which some people class, as do i, as a new console, it hasn't improved in anyway other than the speed and a few graphics specs.

Please don't get angry with me, it's my opinion that they're different consoles in a way. I understand your point of view, and respect that you're holding your ground on this subject, everyone has a right to opinion.
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Yes it does have the same games, controllers and memory cards, but the interior is in fact different, which makes it a new model of that console, which some people class, as do i, as a new console, it hasn't improved in anyway other than the speed and a few graphics specs.

Please don't get angry with me, it's my opinion that they're different consoles in a way. I understand your point of view, and respect that you're holding your ground on this subject, everyone has a right to opinion.

:dodgy: If it's a different model, it's not a different console. The 2002 launch Xbox is the Xbox 1.0, but the current xbox is the xbox 1.5 :S (some minor changes [parts and such]). It IS a different model, but not a different console :dodgy:
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by _Humphreys on 10-25-2004 at 06:50 PM

Also the PS2 has had loads of DVD drive updates and there has also been the Silver PS2 with infa-red responder also there is going to be a slim line PS2 realeased in a couple of months but still it's the same PS2 basically so yeah I agree with blade little upgrades really don't mean it's a new console.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Also the PS2 has had loads of DVD drive updates and there has also been the Silver PS2 with infa-red responder also there is going to be a slim line PS2 realeased in a couple of months but still it's the same PS2 basically so yeah I agree with blade little upgrades really don't mean it's a new console.

The Slim-Line PS2 is already out :dodgy:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?s...pt=15&WLBS=fsweb19
[Image: 10051009.jpg]

* .blade// forgot about it until AttitudeExtreme mentioned it.
So, Traxor, is the Slime-Line PS2 a new console? :O :lol:
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by _Humphreys on 10-25-2004 at 06:53 PM

I don't think it's out here though (in the U.K.).

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-25-2004 at 07:01 PM

:lol: Yeah ok so maybe i'm wrong, there are many new models that are improvements, I apologise for the posts that I wrote earlier, maybe you were a bit annoyed with what I posted, no offence, but you shouldn't have really got annoyed at another users opinion, but that doesn't matter now.

I want to purchase the slimline ps2 or the silver ps2, I like the look of them, and I want to buy GTA San Andreas, which won't come out on xbox for a while sadly. But i can assure you that when it does, my ps2 will be thrown out of the house, maybe even just sold, as throwing it is a little bit harsh.. joking.

There are a few new models of xbox that I also like, such as:

crystal xbox:
[Image: xbox_crystal3.jpg]

green xbox:
[Image: news_xbox_green_small.jpg]

and some others which I cannot find at the moment.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 07:03 PM

Sorry to tell you, the crystal and green Xbox's are no longer in production :p

and I wasn't offended...just annoyed :p

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-25-2004 at 07:13 PM

quote:

They aren't in production but you can still buy them from certain retail outlets near where I live, just because they're not in production doesn't mean you can't get one does it.. :p

Do you think that they'll bring out a new limited edition of the xbox before the release of xbox 2, I think that they will get one into the production line. It'll probably be some crazy bronze colour or something.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Do you think that they'll bring out a new limited edition of the xbox before the release of xbox 2, I think that they will get one into the production line. It'll probably be some crazy bronze colour or something.

I think there will be one special edition halo 2 XBOX with this picture on it :P:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=328377]
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Pyroteq on 10-26-2004 at 07:30 AM

quote:

You can still buy a clear or "Crystal" Xbox case to "mod" your xbox (Its really just switching cases, not much of a mod) if you wanted one. I believe you can buy green,blue,orange e.t.c
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by Eljay on 10-26-2004 at 11:24 AM

is the xbox 2 really going to be called the xenon or was that just a big rumor?

anyway PS2 has better games but XBOX has better graphics so im not really on either side of the argument :undecided:

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by _Humphreys on 10-26-2004 at 11:33 AM

Upcoming Games for XBOX : Halo 2

Upcoming Games for PS2 : GTA San Andreas, MGS 3 Snake Eater, Smackdown Vs Raw and much more

but even though they may not be much good games coming out for XBOX it still has the best graphics.

RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-26-2004 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
is the xbox 2 really going to be called the xenon or was that just a big rumor?

anyway PS2 has better games but XBOX has better graphics so im not really on either side of the argument :undecided:

This isn't really the case, this is one majorly annoying arguement for me, the xbox hasn't been out as long as the ps2, this is one of the main reasons that the ps2 has more games than the xbox, and that the xbox has better graphics and specs, but this is also because the xbox is made by the worlds most popular computer corporation.

quote:

Upcoming Games for PS2 : GTA San Andreas, MGS 3 Snake Eater, Smackdown Vs Raw and much more

but even though they may not be much good games coming out for XBOX it still has the best graphics.

This isn't really true, look at all of the upcoming xbox games:

http://www.xbreporter.com/upcoming_xbox_games.php

and look at all of the ps2 upcoming games:

http://www.psreporter.com/upcoming_ps2_games.html

there is a significant difference in the amount of games, the imformation that you gave was incorrect, but it was quite misleading in a way. I can also assure you that those games will come out for xbox, except they will be improved, i'm not just saying this because I own an xbox, its just that this is the case for most games that are released on ps2, they are released on a later date on xbox, better graphics.
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by .blade// on 10-26-2004 at 06:22 PM

quote:

Upcomming [GOOD] Xbox games: Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source,  Golden Eye 2,  Doom 3, Ghost Recon 2, Area 51 [this game brings a lot of new concepts to the table ;)], and more

Upcomming [GOOD] PS2 games: GTA San Andreas, MGS 3 Snake Eater, Smackdown Vs Raw, Grand Turismo 4, Area 51

which console has more good games comming out? :o
:refuck:
RE: PS3 vs. XBOX 2 by user27089 on 10-26-2004 at 07:55 PM

quote:
quote:

Upcomming [GOOD] Xbox games: Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source,  Golden Eye 2,  Doom 3, Ghost Recon 2, Area 51 [this game brings a lot of new concepts to the table ;)], and more

Upcomming [GOOD] PS2 games: GTA San Andreas, MGS 3 Snake Eater, Smackdown Vs Raw, Grand Turismo 4, Area 51

which console has more good games comming out? :o

Didn't I just cover this in my post, anyway, all in all I think that both consoles are brilliant in their own seperate categories, I sincerely like the ps2 for its style in some of the games, and I like the xbox for everything about it!

I really think that people should not be clouded by other peoples opinions about their own 'favourite' consoles, they should make their own choice, but what they do, is their own choice.