Shoutbox

Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. (/showthread.php?tid=33519)

Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by .Roy on 10-23-2004 at 06:12 AM

Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays..  like what kind of dvds for example..

Does it  play dvd+r??

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by user27089 on 10-23-2004 at 11:30 AM

yes it does, it should do, mine does. If it doesn't then some of the newer models have protection for it I think. Cause my mate has a newer one and it won't work.

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by Millenium_edition on 10-23-2004 at 12:00 PM

xbox is not very compatible with CD-R's, so I'm not sure if it supports DVD-R's...

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by .Roy on 10-23-2004 at 01:05 PM

well i dont use -r i use +r 

so i think its fine for a dvd

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by user13774 on 10-23-2004 at 03:16 PM

I don't really know for sure. My friend burned a home made film on a DVD+RW and the xbox played it well..

No it wasn't p0rn :dodgy:... it was a movie made for school :wink:

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by Eljay on 10-23-2004 at 03:20 PM

im not sure whether they play dvd+-rw unless u actually finalise the disc because with some discs it doesnt seem to recognize them

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by Anubis on 10-23-2004 at 03:24 PM

Last time I checked it played DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD+R DL...
Also any other compatibility info can be found at
DVD Player Compatibility List - Xbox

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by .Roy on 10-23-2004 at 04:09 PM

thanks Anubis :-P ive been looking for something like this

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by Pyroteq on 10-24-2004 at 10:02 AM

It will play burnt cds as long as you burn them at a slow speed. (mine does anyway)

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by user27089 on 10-24-2004 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
It will play burnt cds as long as you burn them at a slow speed. (mine does anyway)

Thats not correct, there are many xbox's that were made a while back that can play pirate dvd's and stuff, or so i was told....  8-).. You can play burnt cd's aswell on most xbox's... But some of the newer consoles can't because they can't recognise them..
RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by Pyroteq on 10-24-2004 at 10:26 AM

well MINE plays any burnt cd as long as it was burnt at a slow speed.

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 03:39 PM

I'll just add - not all versions of the Xbox plays DVD+/- r/rw, only SOME of the later versions. I was lucky enought o get a compatible player, but every few months the DVD drive is changed, therefore changing the xbox's DVD playing capability.

Test your specific Xbox to find out, because there isn't really much of an other way.

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by Raven89 on 10-25-2004 at 07:44 PM

It depends on your drive like blade said. The worst drive is a thompson the best is the samsung and phillips is in the middle. To see what your drive is go HERE if u have a thompson drive look HERE for compatible media . Other than that just experiment.

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raven89
It depends on your drive like blade said. The worst drive is a thompson the best is the samsung and phillips is in the middle. To see what your drive is go HERE if u have a thompson drive look HERE for compatible media . Other than that just experiment.

Also: if it doesn't read a burned DVD right away, try ejecting and re-inserting it again, that's what I have to do sometimes to get it to work. Generally, it's  easier to get the xbox to read a DVD + R/RW, rather than a DVD - R/RW

(I, in fact have the Samsung drive :banana:)
RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by Raven89 on 10-25-2004 at 08:18 PM

Me too!!!:banana: (had two messed up thompsons first:dodgy:)

RE: Lol.. where can i find out what the Xbox Dvd Player plays.. by Pyroteq on 10-27-2004 at 06:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
I'll just add - not all versions of the Xbox plays DVD+/- r/rw, only SOME of the later versions

Thats why i have...what is it..hum...1.0...i have a bloody thompson though.