Shoutbox

Plus not loaded and loaded at same time - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Plus not loaded and loaded at same time (/showthread.php?tid=33520)

Plus not loaded and loaded at same time by k776 on 10-23-2004 at 06:22 AM

I was using MSN then I was disconnected from the net. Then when I signed back in, I got the screenshot.

MSN signed in fine, but msgplus didn't load. However it didn't display the recovery window because it show the floating contacts??

Anyway, I dont why this happens but has happened a few times before and no sure way to reproduce it. :(

Perhaps it is the floating contacts??

RE: Plus not loaded and loaded at same time by RaceProUK on 10-25-2004 at 06:15 PM

I doubt it. Plus is obviously loaded in some way, it just hasn't hooked the window. Maybe closing and opening it would get the menu back?

RE: Plus not loaded and loaded at same time by _Humphreys on 10-25-2004 at 06:34 PM

If you want plus back on straight away go to My Computer>The main drive(normally C)>Program files>MSG Plus(whatever no.)>and open the MSG.exe. Sorry I don't know how to fix the bug though.

RE: Plus not loaded and loaded at same time by user27089 on 10-25-2004 at 06:37 PM

When you open msn messenger, plus! has to load, to fix this go to Plus! > Preferences > General Options > Miscellaneous, and click 'Force Messenger Plus! to Load on Startup', you should no longer get this problem again as plus! will load whenever your pc is started and run constantly.

RE: Plus not loaded and loaded at same time by CookieRevised on 10-25-2004 at 07:57 PM

If that doesn't work then:

This can also be caused by Windows Messenger starting up in the background. Go to your processes (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and check if the process msmsgs.exe is there. If so, then have a look here on how to prevent it from starting up:
CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger