Shoutbox

"Has been removed" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: "Has been removed" (/showthread.php?tid=33580)

"Has been removed" by Pyroteq on 10-24-2004 at 10:22 AM

What does the message "Contactname has been removed" exactly mean when you have the option in Stuffplug NG on to tell you when people open/close your convo?

Note that its not they have left the convo because that message is "Contact name has left the conversation"

RE: "Has been removed" by Tochjo on 10-24-2004 at 10:26 AM

If you are in a conversation and and you don't talk to each other for a while (5 minutes, I believe), the server considers your conversation as finished and closes the conversation, to save bandwidth. This appears to you as such.

RE: "Has been removed" by KeyStorm on 10-24-2004 at 10:27 AM

I'm not sure, but I think it's an idle message. It usually appears after a certain period of inactivity in the conversation. It doesn't mean they left the conversation. Many times I've got the "has been removed" message and afterwards the "has left the conversation" message. So they aren't incompatible. :P

RE: "Has been removed" by Pyroteq on 10-24-2004 at 10:27 AM

Thought that might be it but i just had to check anyway. Its less than five it happens after about one minute of inactivity, its just annoying sometimes. Thanx.

RE: "Has been removed" by John on 10-24-2004 at 04:46 PM

i think the chat diconnection time is different for each country, so that might be why your get that message after a minute already

RE: "Has been removed" by evr124 on 10-25-2004 at 05:53 AM

i thought that msg appears because the contact has minimize the chat window