Shoutbox

IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN (/showthread.php?tid=33590)

IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by SDP Dragon on 10-24-2004 at 01:56 PM

Ok, guys heres a good one for all you technical heads out there,  i'm not smart enough to make a plugin myself or i would, but i have a great idea for one.  I call it the ...well nevermind what i call it if you make it you call it what you want, just send it to me please.  ok check this out, while chating on msn wiht my girlfriend i realised i would like to surf the internet at the same time.  Is it posable to make a plugin where you can either move teh webcam window to the other side of the chat box or top or bottom ,  or EVEN better detach it from the chat window comletely, and move it around your desktop?  Also,  now this one will be a bit tricky, but can you make it where if you contact alows you too, that you can change your contacts web cam settings so that you can see better? 

RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by Anubis on 10-24-2004 at 03:55 PM

I'm not sure if that's compatible without modding the client...which is illegal

RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by SDP Dragon on 10-24-2004 at 11:27 PM

:@ I just wanted to be able to move the stupid cam window, if thats illegal then msn can .......well nvrmind, i wouldnt want the almighty msn to ban my IP for life forget i said anything.....

RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by matty on 10-25-2004 at 12:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I'm not sure if that's compatible without modding the client...which is illegal
Its not illegal, its just not possible as far as I know. There maybe something in the UFILE that tells the program where the Camera window is. As for undocking the Web Cam window this is impossible. A plugin could be used (but needed by both sides) that could view the other persons webcam and display it in another window, but if  you get into that then your contact wouldn't be able to have any other Video Conferences because webcams can only be used by one program at a time.
RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by auhsor on 10-26-2004 at 06:03 AM

I would also love this to be able to be implemented, but I fully understand if it is too hard/illegal.

RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by (CyBeRDuDe) on 10-26-2004 at 09:23 AM

Hmm... if we get the "Webcam ripper" project started/finished, this would be easy to implement... :D.. just another window showing what the plugin/program is "ripping".. :D.. but until then this would be very hard to implement!...
The changing settings of contacts webcam would be possible but VERY difficult... Both users would have to have the program/plugin... Each camera have their own "control panel" that we would have to able to control, the one that would make this would need to know every program avaible for "webcam" settings!!!  and then control them with some API calls to the program... this is proberly never going to be made.... BUT, if as i said before, that the "Webcam ripper" plugin becomes a reality, it would proberly be possible to add some light effects or whatver on your side of recieving.... It might not always be good enough, but it would be a help to be able to sometimes better see ppl on cam!!!... :D...

RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by lhunath on 10-26-2004 at 09:32 AM

Nothing's impossible. Sounds easy enough to make a seperate application which captures all webcam trafic from msn messenger and make a seperate always on top window to display it.

RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by John on 10-26-2004 at 10:24 AM

i think it would have to be a standalone proxy program to do that

RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by M73A on 10-26-2004 at 05:25 PM

Thats a well gd idea! surprised not mentioned b4. be kool if sum1 cud make it. and with skins and stuff for da detached window, lol. be good if u could add riting over the top of the webcam whilst its still working

RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
Nothing's impossible. Sounds easy enough
Then by all means do it.... If experienced people say something is almost impossible or very hard/not doable, it is almost impossible or very hard/not doable ;)

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
be good if u could add riting over the top of the webcam whilst its still working
and what good will that do???? Only you will see this writing...
RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN by riahc4 on 10-26-2004 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
Nothing's impossible. Sounds easy enough to make a seperate application which captures all webcam trafic from msn messenger and make a seperate always on top window to display it.

lhunath - Why dont you give it a try? You attempted (or said you were) the animated display picture for MSN plugin but u canceled or dropped it (way before MSN 7 was leaked) so i still aint sure what your capable off.

Now on to the plugin..........its a bit difficult but i belive there is a way. The plugin window would mirror whatever is in MSN's normal webcam square.