Shoutbox

HALLOWEEN!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: HALLOWEEN!! (/showthread.php?tid=33613)

HALLOWEEN!! by Ginger on 10-24-2004 at 11:02 PM

Just wondering who takes part in halloween, the absolute best day ever! And what your costume is this year, whether its for a party or for trick or treating

If any of you are trick or treating u get my special stamp of ultimate coolness

Im only *slightly* OBSESSED with halloween, especially since its the one day out of the year when being short is an advantage.  This year im either gonna be Pippi Longstocking or, GR Kenneth Lil Dead Red Riding Hood im not really sure yet

:D:D:D

POST POST POST

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by dotNorma on 10-24-2004 at 11:26 PM

We live in a nice neighboorhood and everybody buys candy to pass out  but there is a ghetto like 2 roads away from our neighboorhood and all  of them come to our neighboorhood not even in costumes just to get the candy.

I havnet tricker treated in a while , Just mess around with friends.

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by Chop on 10-25-2004 at 03:33 AM

We don´t Celebrate Halloween in Mexico but always wanted to try :cry:

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by CookieRevised on 10-25-2004 at 05:34 AM

In Belgium, Halloween is (like other oversees celebrations like valentine's day, etc...) a big commerce for some years now. I can remember 5 years ago that Halloween was only something which you only saw in (American) movies. Now they start 14 days before Halloween to sell stuff and put stuff in stores etc. and almost literally put Halloween stuff down your *beep* :D j/k .... Just to say it is big commerce here.

Some people do celebrate it and some kids go trick 'n treating, but that's only a very small minority. Halloween here mostly means putting some pumpkins on the frontdoor and maybe buying that neat window-hanger....

PS: our makeup artist in our theater company does however have many (too many) jobs on Halloween though. Especially like special indoor parties for kids  (-14y) for Halloween....

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by Pipish on 10-25-2004 at 08:47 AM

In Australia we dont celebrate halloween as much but me and a bunch of frends go out and make havoc :D it sooooo fun

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by _Humphreys on 10-25-2004 at 11:59 AM

Well I try to celebrate it since it's my birthday :o but I haven't trick or treated since I was 8.

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by user13774 on 10-25-2004 at 02:22 PM

We don't really celebrate halloween here in holland, but it's still fun to do.

A friend of mine is gonna give a halloween party and he invited around 50 people. (i'm gonna be the DJ @ the party :wink:)

(Sorry it's a private party, no tickets for sale :grin:)

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by user27089 on 10-25-2004 at 05:16 PM

In england, halloween is the day where all of the townies come out of their rooms and brick houses. Namely my house.. this halloween i'll probably go to my mates house or something, I have a voice changer which is cool and is useful to freak the crap out of people, I have a crazy mask and i'll wear a cloak or something ...

:p

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by .blade// on 10-25-2004 at 05:27 PM

I helped out with a little kid's halloween thing this weekend...and I'll prob. go tric-or-treating with my friend and his little bro (not so much for the candy...just for something to do :P)

anyways, happy Halo-ween ;):
[Image: guiltolanternbanner.jpg]

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by Chop on 10-25-2004 at 07:15 PM

In México, Instead of Halloween, We celebrate Day of Deaths ..! Its on November 1th and 2nd. You make altars to give tribute to a death person, that reminds me we are doing a contest here in school for the best altar .. hope i win :D:D:D

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by user27089 on 10-25-2004 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gerardo_cm2
In México, Instead of Halloween, We celebrate Day of Deaths ..! Its on November 1th and 2nd. You make altars to give tribute to a death person, that reminds me we are doing a contest here in school for the best altar .. hope i win :D:D:D

This isn't halloween, we celebrate this aswell, but we don't make altars, we just pray for the dead and the saints. November the First is All Saints Day, hence Halloween Hallow means sacred(along those lines) and holy means the eve, and november the 2nd is all souls day, where we pray for the souls of those who are dead.
RE: RE: HALLOWEEN!! by Ginger on 10-26-2004 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gerardo_cm2

one of my friends told me about that, she has these little statues for Day of Deaths she pulls out everyyear of her sum of her past deceased family
RE: HALLOWEEN!! by marissa on 10-26-2004 at 12:43 AM

im goign to be a ninja, inspired by out ninja thread, or i might be a dodge ball player! (watch the movie dodge ball)

[Image: dodgeball.jpg]
(mullet and mustache for me!)
I cant wait for halloween! FREE CANDY!!! :grin:

im so freaking excited. [Image: pumpnana.gif]

anyways...WDZ and i predicted a halloween thread :rolleyes:

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by Ginger on 10-26-2004 at 12:56 AM

finally! sumone else who is going trick or treating!! I cant believe so many people even in places where ppl do trick or treating arent going out! ITS FREE CANDY AND ITS FUN!!

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by Chrono on 10-26-2004 at 01:03 AM

u are a bit old to do that :undecided:

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
im goign to be a ninja, inspired by out ninja thread, or i might be a dodge ball player! (watch the movie dodge ball)
i was hoping u were gonna be marnana :( :lol:
RE: HALLOWEEN!! by lizard.boy on 10-26-2004 at 01:48 AM

i stopped trick or treating :/ i really just wanted to run around my street with a chainless chainsaw and scare the shit out of people.

i hope we dont get egged again :dodgy:

RE: HALLOWEEN!! by Concord Dawn on 10-26-2004 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
i stopped trick or treating :/ i really just wanted to run around my street with a chainless chainsaw and scare the shit out of people.

i hope we dont get egged again :dodgy:

:lol:

I'm going to be a ninja, and going to sneak around my house and use the smoke machine we have to scare the shit out of the kids. Crouch tiger, I sense a hidden dragon.