Shoutbox

New MSG sound ALWAYS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: New MSG sound ALWAYS (/showthread.php?tid=33620)

New MSG sound ALWAYS by redearl on 10-25-2004 at 02:34 AM

(6):@Is there a way, to play a sound whan a new messages comes in, no matter if Messenger is the current window, busy, away or what ever.
I need to have it play a new message sound any time some one sends me one. I cannot seem to get it to do this.
If I walk away, but I'm still with-in hearing range, and the IM window is the current window, it does not play a sound.

Any help and suggestion, would be great.
If here is no current way to do this, then could we add it to the features list.

RE: New MSG sound ALWAYS by lylesback2 on 10-25-2004 at 02:38 AM

you can enable "play sound when busy"  check the preference panel...
and for contacts, you can enable a personal sound for each contac.  check the preference panel

look under "Notifications" tab...

RE: New MSG sound ALWAYS by Mnjul on 10-25-2004 at 03:06 AM

That doesn't enable sound-when-busy for MSN Messenger, lylesback2, and sounds from MSN Messenger aren't played still...

RE: New MSG sound ALWAYS by CookieRevised on 10-25-2004 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by redearl
Is there a way, to play a sound whan a new messages comes in, no matter if Messenger is the current window, busy, away or what ever.
I need to have it play a new message sound any time some one sends me one. I cannot seem to get it to do this.
If I walk away, but I'm still with-in hearing range, and the IM window is the current window, it does not play a sound.

Any help and suggestion, would be great.
If here is no current way to do this, then could we add it to the features list.
For now you could simply minimize the conversation window. A sound will be played each time someone sends a new line. (If you enabled "play sounds when contact signs in or send a message" in MSN Messenger that is)

RE: New MSG sound ALWAYS by kingshaka on 10-25-2004 at 05:44 PM

Yeah so i was wondering if anyone knew how to Make a system beep or something whenever a message is sent. Because when i'm in game, i don't hear it even if sounds are enabled. And i would also just like to have a system beep for when i don't have my headphones. Help appreciated.