Shoutbox

Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) (/showthread.php?tid=33663)

Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by lhunath on 10-26-2004 at 08:06 AM

I've stumbled across this site a while ago, was very sceptical about it.
I decided I'd have a look at what the allknowing google had to say about it an discovered that this really is for real. It's just another way of marketing and they, in the end, do make money out of it, since we're not all as smart as we are ;P
Any US citizens :

> Get your free iPod here. No bullshit or low crap, it's easy and safe ;P <
And!
> Get your free Flat Screen TV/Monitor here. Same story, same advantages. <
> Get your free Desktop PC here. Same story, same advantages. Well, that's the last of it ;P <

• iPods: Refer 5 people.
  • FlatScreen: Refer 7 people.
  • Desktop PC: Refer 10 people.

If you want a free iPod sent to you at home, no shipping costs, credit card check, whatever, just signup and get 5 others to sign up. I know it sounds like a load of bull, but not after you're holding that $250 piece of excellence in your hands and think, hell, was worth a try after all.
This link will sign you up as a referrer of me, so that I can get my iPod. If you have a serious problem with that, because, you simply can't stand my guts, then just sign up without referer or something. =P Yet, be a little kind for me if you please. ;)

I hope this helps you people out as well, I searched the forum and appearantly nobody ever mentioned this before. So I thought I would. Enjoy.

~lhunath

Edit:
Here is a link to a very good guide on how to get your iPod the easiest and safest way, failsafe, and proof that it isn't a scam. I hope it helps everybody that still want to or already have signed up.
Guide - No scam
+ I added some other offers from the very same company. Check the link above for sure to take your doubts about this away!
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by .Roy on 10-26-2004 at 09:32 AM

Didnt you ever learn that there is no such things as free :-)

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by lhunath on 10-26-2004 at 09:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
Didnt you ever learn that there is no such things as free :-)
Free in a certain way, as I stated it's not just free ;) what you do is not give money, but give some time and refer people and sign up for one offer. Which you can cancel right after. Free enough to be called free ;P

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 09:41 AM

It's real and it is not a scam. They get their money by advertising; you need to signup to a (advertising) service and refer also 5 other people. The money generated by that is enough for the costs and shipping costs for an ipod and also some profit for the company... The site is quite famous....

Because of the large amount of subsribers, it can take a while though...

See also this showcase on TechTV:
http://www.g4techtv.com/videos/index.html?video_key=8872

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by Pipish on 10-26-2004 at 09:47 AM

:o free ipod omg still it sound too good to be true

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by FrozernFire on 10-26-2004 at 10:27 AM

what the... cool. but izzit shipping only in the US? to me it seems so and i don't live in the US.

whoops sry. just read that US only... darn. find someone in US who is so nice and will send me the iPod when he receives it lol. then an iPod for only the shipping costs :D

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by bach_m on 10-26-2004 at 11:03 AM

Strangely, many people have reported that it does infact work. Can't hurt to try, can it?

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by _Humphreys on 10-26-2004 at 11:07 AM

Well I know I would get an IPOD as I would have refered 5 people but I live in the U.K. (stupid U.S. only comps 8o|).

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by fluffy_lobster on 10-26-2004 at 11:46 AM

* fluffy_lobster wonders if using his 6 gmail invites wisely would get him this free ipod :drool:

I'll look into the technicalities later :P

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by saralk on 10-26-2004 at 11:55 AM

Could anyone in the US let me get the iPod sent to them, and then they send it to me, ill pay for delivery via paypal.

RE: RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by Abz2k4 on 10-26-2004 at 01:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
Well I know I would get an IPOD as I would have refered 5 people but I live in the U.K. (stupid U.S. only comps 8o|).

same here :(
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by lhunath on 10-26-2004 at 02:46 PM

Saralk. I think any people in the US will be using their postal adress for their own iPod, rather than yours ;P

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by .Roy on 10-26-2004 at 03:12 PM

Lets all refer eachother??

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by lhunath on 10-26-2004 at 03:59 PM

You can only refer one person, as you need to give your Postal Adress. And you can only once give it.

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by .Roy on 10-26-2004 at 04:05 PM

what i dont believe.. is that its a 100 % getting of an ipod.. Its not like if you sign up for a sponsor and invite 5 people you get a chance...

i really dont believe it

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 04:15 PM

Like said (and explained in that TechTV video), the profit gained from advertising to those 5 people you need to refer (and they also need to sign up of course) is more then enough to cover the costs (incl. S/H costs) of an ipod...

And that's why it IS possible

quote:
i really dont believe it
Then don't sign up :P

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by WDZ on 10-26-2004 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
See also this showcase on TechTV:
http://www.g4techtv.com/videos/index.html?video_key=8872
Alex did finally get his free iPod...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=328731] [Image: attachment.php?pid=328732]
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by WDZ on 10-26-2004 at 04:21 PM

:spam:

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by .Roy on 10-26-2004 at 04:51 PM

so you are saying just one sponsor gives 250 dollars.. for one user.. Thats bull

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 04:55 PM

eh DureX...
1) it is not 1 sponsor
2) All this is NOT "Bull", it IS true

If you don't believe it... fine. But don't keep posting in this thread like that.

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by .Roy on 10-26-2004 at 04:59 PM

ok if its true.. Then where do they get the money!! I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND!!!! When we sign up we invite 5 people and we sign up for one advertisment... Then those 5 people get one advertisment and 5 people.. But at the end the company pays 250 dollars for each person joining... I dont understand how one advertisment makes them 250 dollars a person..

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by lhunath on 10-26-2004 at 04:59 PM

No it's not. Not if you do the calculations and have an open mind. And it's not one sponsor, they have a few dozen of sponsers.
For starters, when signing up you are given the option to sign up for optional sponsers, there are about 20 I would guess. I clicked no for all of them. Then, there are the 7-8 sponsers from which you must choose one.
Every one of the five people you refer must also complete this entire process and successfully register with the sponsors. In general, it's quite hard to get your iPod, because not only you but also your 5 refered people must complete the whole process. Therefore, statistically, it's very advantagous to them. I'm betting they're making millions with this. Especially since it's been in the news and all. Check CNN if you want to know, or the TV show posted by CookieRevised, and the pictures shown by WDZ. They are independant and tried the normal customer way. It worked. Many people have received their iPod, if they hadn't it would be publicly known by now and all over the news & google. Check it if you're sceptical as I was.
Btw, you can be damn sure that this company had a huge discount from Apple, for buying the iPods in such a huge quantity.

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by .Roy on 10-26-2004 at 08:59 PM

Hmm.. Still i will believe in what my parents always taught me.. There are no free things in life :-)

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by gnownoskcid on 10-26-2004 at 11:40 PM

what the hell im signing up right now! I live in Canada but i think i can somehow get a friend of mine in the states to help me :D

EDIT: i just found that for all the sponsers, you have to pay to sign up, with the execption of GM card which requires a Social Security Number, i don't even think im old enough and it requires you to be in the states... There's no way i can get others to signup if they have to pay... :( O well i might as well pretend that it never existed and just use my 512MB MP3 player + usb flash drive

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by Pipish on 10-27-2004 at 06:17 AM

I would realy like to se if this is true could somone please post if they recive their ipod i am interested

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. by CookieRevised on 10-27-2004 at 06:19 AM

See the video that I posted and the pics that WDZ posted.

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by lhunath on 10-27-2004 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
EDIT: i just found that for all the sponsers, you have to pay to sign up, with the execption of GM card which requires a Social Security Number, i don't even think im old enough and it requires you to be in the states... There's no way i can get others to signup if they have to pay... :( O well i might as well pretend that it never existed and just use my 512MB MP3 player + usb flash drive
Actually, there are about 4 or so for which you don't have to pay a thing. You do need a credit card, because this is the way they work:
You register for a Free trying period. No charges whatsoever. You cancel after that trial, and you pay nothing, if you don't cancel, your credit card will be debited. So if you're clever, and you cancel in time, then you pay nothing at all..

And pipish.. ;/
Did you just not read the video and the pictures posted by WDZ or don't you believe them..?

Edit:
I updated the first post to include a link to a very good guide conscearning this and proof that it isn't a scam. I hope it helps everybody that still want to or already have signed up.
By the way, there are two more services like this, but you need to refer more people for them. Worth a try, I thought, and I added them as well here for you guys.

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by gnownoskcid on 10-27-2004 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
quote:
Actually, there are about 4 or so for which you don't have to pay a thing. You do need a credit card, because this is the way they work:
You register for a Free trying period. No charges whatsoever. You cancel after that trial, and you pay nothing, if you don't cancel, your credit card will be debited. So if you're clever, and you cancel in time, then you pay nothing at all..

the only problem is that i don't have a credit card, and my parents' not going to sign up that's for sure

refer friends to join? they won't sign up once they see the credit card problem
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by Pr0xY on 10-28-2004 at 03:06 AM

I have a one question.   I know I would have to refer 5 people, and those five people would have to complete the survey and do that other thing concerning a credit card, BUT, if I want my ipod, do the 5 people I refered have to then refer 5 other people and have them do the same thing so I can get my IPod?

EDIT : once we are able to cancel it, how do we? I dont want to get any charges on the credit card. 

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by gnownoskcid on 10-28-2004 at 03:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
I have a one question.   I know I would have to refer 5 people, and those five people would have to complete the survey and do that other thing concerning a credit card, BUT, if I want my ipod, do the 5 people I refered have to then refer 5 other people and have them do the same thing so I can get my IPod?

EDIT : once we are able to cancel it, how do we? I dont want to get any charges on the credit card.
you only need to refer to five people and get them to sign up for a sponsor, they do not HAVE to refer other people too (but that would be a stupid thing to do)

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by lhunath on 10-28-2004 at 07:49 AM

Exactly as gnownoskcid said, your refered people need only complete their one sponsor, it's not required of them to have 5 successful referals. That way it would be completely impossible to complete the job. As nobody would be able to have their referals succesfully complete the process, as their referals as well would never be able to and so on.. So no ;)
By the way, gnownoskcid, I think it's possible for a few sponsors to send money orders over mail or wired transfer. Read through their FAQs! ;)

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by Pr0xY on 10-28-2004 at 12:01 PM

Okay thanks, but I still need to know how to cancel it now.  I choose the NetZero Sponsor.  Does anyone know how I do this?

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by lhunath on 10-28-2004 at 01:11 PM

Basically, generally, all you do is log in to the website, and look around a bit for a cancel button. If you find none, find the Contact page and tell them you want to cancel your account.
*checks the site out himself*

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by gnownoskcid on 10-29-2004 at 05:00 AM

quote:
Exactly as gnownoskcid said, your refered people need only complete their one sponsor, it's not required of them to have 5 successful referals. That way it would be completely impossible to complete the job. As nobody would be able to have their referals succesfully complete the process, as their referals as well would never be able to and so on.. So no ;)
By the way, gnownoskcid, I think it's possible for a few sponsors to send money orders over mail or wired transfer. Read through their FAQs! ;)

gahhhhhhhh the point is that i don't wanna pay any money!
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by lhunath on 10-29-2004 at 06:19 AM

quote:
ay, gnownoskcid, I think it's possible for a few sponsors to send money orders over mail or wired transfer.
Then I don't think you have a choice but not to be a part of this. Either you use your credit card and not pay a thing (because that way the company has the ensurance that they can bill you if you don't cancel in time), or you don't use a credit card but pick one where you do need to pay.. Sorry.
RE: RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by .Roy on 10-31-2004 at 10:21 AM

quote:
quote:
ay, gnownoskcid, I think it's possible for a few sponsors to send money orders over mail or wired transfer.
Then I don't think you have a choice but not to be a part of this. Either you use your credit card and not pay a thing (because that way the company has the ensurance that they can bill you if you don't cancel in time), or you don't use a credit card but pick one where you do need to pay.. Sorry.

-_- Or you can just buy an iPod and not use a Dodgy way to get one for free.. Oh ya.. I was sent lots of spam already :-) -_- Just buy one.. and you will know that you worked for it and you werent a lazy person doing it the :dodgy:dodgy:dodgy way
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by lhunath on 10-31-2004 at 06:53 PM

lol, very true. Working for something is always the morally best way ;) But me, being a born lazy arsche, I prefer this way.

quote:
Oh ya.. I was sent lots of spam already  -_-
It wasn't all that clever of you to join up with an email address you actually use, was it? ;P
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by .Roy on 10-31-2004 at 07:02 PM

well im an idiot what do you expect :-)

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by lhunath on 11-01-2004 at 08:02 PM

Pff the only idiots are those that either want to be or don't realise it. ;)

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by .Roy on 11-02-2004 at 07:25 PM

lhunath.. Did you get your iPod yet..? If not did you even complete the 5 people?

RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..) by lhunath on 11-02-2004 at 08:21 PM

It takes ages :/ For one, 5 ppl have to complete an offer, which can take up to a week and more per person. Then, you have to wait about 15 days to receive your credit at FreeiPods, and then, you have to wait about a month until the processing & shipping is complete and you get the iPod. With other words, loong =P But I can wait, I guess. I've got only one person who's completed their offer yet. Sigh slow ppl ;P.