Shoutbox

MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=33673)

MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-26-2004 at 03:14 PM

Hi there. I'm Erik Schierboom and I've created a plugin for MSG Plus!. A friend was regularly changing his nickname to update the song he was playing at the moment and I thought: "Maybe I could help him and create something to do it for him?". Thus said (eh, thought) I started to look for ways to do such a thing and I ended up with writing a plugin for MSG Plus!. Surprisingly, it was relatively easy to create a plugin and in no-time I had an early version changing my nickname. Over time I came up with additional demands and finally it grew to what it is today.

The plugin is aimed only at Winamp, as that's the media player to me and I want everyone to be able to see the beauty of it. ;) It (the plugin) is written in C++ and uses no libraries (no MFC or STL); therefore, it should be small and fast.

A short list of functions the plugin incorporates:

• Automatically update your nickname.
    • Control the nickname by specifying a mask in which Winamp information can be used.
  • Set the interval at which the nickname is (if necessary) changed.
  • Display a notification when the nickname is changed.
  • Storage of settings in the registry, to enable multi-user support.
  • Control some functions of Winamp through new commands, such as skip to the next- or previous song, play, plause or stop the playback etc.
  • Easy installer (using NSIS), with dynamic loading of the plugin.
  • Open-source, released under the GPL license.

The project is registered at sourceforge, for those unfamiliar with sourceforge it's essentially a huge open-source software deposit. Therefore, it is also possible to download the source. Yes, the plugin is open-source and any comments will be greatly appreciated. The plugin itself, the installer and the source code can be found at the following location:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=121315

Well, I hope any of you guys (or girls) likes my plugin. Please post any bugs you find in this thread and I will do my best to correct them.

Oh, and big kudos to Patchou!

edit: the plugin has undergone many changes, therefore I have attached the changelog.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 04:18 PM

I'll add your plugin to the "Show played songs plugins"-list:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=23...d=227028#pid227028

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-26-2004 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I'll add your plugin to the "Show played songs plugins"-list:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=23...d=227028#pid227028

Okay thanks.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by John on 10-26-2004 at 04:28 PM

sounds great :) this has already been done a couple of times though i think, but that's no problem. im gonna give this one a try :)

since you can make plugins, can you have a look at my Auto Responder thread please? :)

[edit] crap.. "We're Sorry.
The SourceForge.net Website is currently down for maintenance.
We will be back shortly" :(

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-26-2004 at 04:40 PM

Hmmm, strange coincidence that they decide to take down the site for maintenance just when someone finally wants to download my plugin. :)

Your plug-in request sounds interesting, I'll give it some thought. I'll let you know if I'll be making it.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by John on 10-26-2004 at 04:43 PM

Yeah, hehe, but I'll still download it :)

One question: Can you choose to put only the title of the song in your name, instead of "Singer - Title"? If you know what i mean

Thanks for giving my idea some thought :) I hope that thought becomes action :D hehe

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by user27089 on 10-26-2004 at 05:45 PM

Its a nice plugin, there don't seem to be any noticeable bugs from where i'm standing, but the only real annoying thing is that you have to configure the mask before you can use the nickname, imo there should be a check box or something rather than having to type in '%3' or whatever, as some users might not understand this.

I can't see any noticeable bugs in the program and it looks alright, well done, not a lot of programmers would make their first release this good, I like it, and will probably use it quite a bit now.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 06:08 PM

* very small note about the installer: When finished it presents a msgbox with a "Yes/No" dialog, it seems a bit unlogic though; a "OK" button will do ;)

* small note about the variable use in nicknames: "%3" seems a bit useless as the user can make this with "%1 - %2"

* Thumbs up for the simplicity of the config panel/plugin:
   - no bloated skin used (which almost always looks ugly in most Windows skins for other users)
   - simple config options, yet very versatile...

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
One question: Can you choose to put only the title of the song in your name, instead of "Singer - Title"? If you know what i mean
Did you run the plugin and looked at the config panel?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=328783]

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
but the only real annoying thing is that you have to configure the mask before you can use the nickname, imo there should be a check box or something rather than having to type in '%3' or whatever, as some users might not understand this.
There is nothing annoying about that. And actually, his approach is very user friendly as the user can make up his own layout for the nickname.

Working with variables like that is the standard and most decent way in doing such a thing. Every good piece of software, were the user can make up his own texts, uses this method instead of using checkboxes to define fixed layouts. As that will be very limiting to the user and doesn't provide decent UI...

With the approach he has used, you can do everything what another program can without the need of hundreds of checkboxes. Even Plus! uses the same approach; "Plus! tags" work exactly the same...
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by user27089 on 10-26-2004 at 06:53 PM

If you add the characters which make text white using plus behind the %3, then it gets confused, and to change the track which it says in your name, you have to type in /xwinampnick again.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 06:56 PM

quote:
If you add the characters which make text white using plus behind the %3, then it gets confused
You make it yourself as much "confusing" as you like.

If you find this confusing then you also find the use of the Plus! tags confusing, and the use of variables in mIRC confusing, and programming an application confusing, ...

;)

quote:
and to change the track which it says in your name, you have to type in /xwinampnick again.
Or you set the refresh rate to X seconds...

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by user27089 on 10-26-2004 at 07:01 PM

quote:
quote:
If you add the characters which make text white using plus behind the %3, then it gets confused
You make it yourself as much "confusing" as you like.

If you find this confusing then you also find the use of the Plus! tags confusing, and the use of variables in mIRC confusing, and programming an application confusing, ...

;)

quote:
and to change the track which it says in your name, you have to type in /xwinampnick again.

I don't find it confusing, the plugin got confused or something, I don't think it understood it as part of the input mask , this worked perfectly fine 30 minutes ago.
RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-26-2004 at 08:36 PM

quote:
* very small note about the installer: When finished it presents a msgbox with a "Yes/No" dialog, it seems a bit unlogic though; a "OK" button will do ;)

Agreed, fixed it.

quote:
* small note about the variable use in nicknames: "%3" seems a bit useless as the user can make this with "%1 - %2"

Edit: I agree with the point you make. This is an example of a feature upon which was expanded during programming. At first I only intended to display "Artist - Title" but later on I thought about separating those two. I know it's redundant but it might save people some characters in their mask and now it's consistent with the tags, (!ARTISTTITLE) being available too. Do you think I should remove it?

quote:
* Thumbs up for the simplicity of the config panel/plugin:
   - no bloated skin used (which almost always looks ugly in most Windows skins for other users)
   - simple config options, yet very versatile...

Thanks for your compliments, one of my requirements was to keep it as simple as possible.

quote:
but the only real annoying thing is that you have to configure the mask before you can use the nickname, imo there should be a check box or something rather than having to type in '%3' or whatever, as some users might not understand this.
This is more of a design issue. I know that at first it is harder to use tags than it is to check boxes, but you do gain in flexibility and in a less cluttered UI. It might require a bit more of the user, but I think it is easy enough to be used by almost every user. However, I have created a short document which explains how to use the plugin. In that document I (extensively) describe how one can use the mask in various ways. Different examples are presented and their corresponding outputs are shown. The link to the document is: http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=277282. Hope this helps.

Did you also notice that you can press F1 in the config menu and a simple help dialog pops up? In the help dialog (as shown in the attached image) a list of all possible commands and tags are shown.

quote:
I see your problem, could you post the mask you used? Maybe my plugin has a slight problem with one of the color tags you used. If you could post the mask you used I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

quote:
quote:
The idea of the plugin is that it changes your nickname automatically. It periodically checks with Winamp to see what song is playing. If the mask applied to the current Winamp song differs from the current nickname, the nickname is changed. The default value is 10 seconds, which means that every 10 seconds the plugin tries to update the nickname (if something changes from the current nickname).
A small note however: the refresh rate can be changed in the config screen but the changed rate will only be used when the plugin is restarted. Sorry about this, I'll try to find a solution to this problem.

I owe you all a big thanks for trying out my plugin, it can only get better.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by user27089 on 10-26-2004 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ErikSchierboom
I see your problem, could you post the mask you used? Maybe my plugin has a slight problem with one of the color tags you used. If you could post the mask you used I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

code:
Luke - Now Playing: %3 0   

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-26-2004 at 08:51 PM

quote:
code:
Luke - Now Playing: %3 0

Hmm, the code you posted doesn't seem to do anything. What should the "0" part do exactly? I've also tested it without my tag but still nothing happened.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Optimas on 10-27-2004 at 01:24 AM

great plugin!! Keep the work going on....

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Jolo on 10-27-2004 at 03:58 AM

Installed. Seems to work Ok. Great Plugin! :D

Erik, could you add some tags like "Kbps", "Album", "Year"? It would be very nice. :D

Something very strange happened. After a little time of using, the Configure option doesn't work anymore. :(

I tried even to reinstall and restarting my computer, but doesn't work. :(

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by auhsor on 10-27-2004 at 04:37 AM

Ok this plugin has potential. I really want to get a winamp-messenger plugin happening, but the ones I try seem to have problems, including this one.

I shall say what I want, and see if you can make it happen for me... :)
I want my nick to be something like this:
Josh - Now Playing: Artist - Title
Ok I can enter "Josh - Now Playing: %3" into your mask, but when I close winamp, this is what my nick now looks like. Not good.
I also want to be able to just show my normal nick, Josh, when I pause a song. I often pause a song for lengths of time, and I don't want it to keep saying I'm playing a song.
When I disable to plugin, it should keep my original nick, not the one that includes the song
Also in config screen, there should be a button for help, and also pressing enter should actually press the OK button.

Anyways, I hope my suggestions are helpful. Keep up the good work, and hopefully you can get this plugin to do what I want, and then you will have one happy customer.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-27-2004 at 04:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by auhsor
Ok this plugin has potential. I really want to get a winamp-messenger plugin happening, but the ones I try seem to have problems, including this one.

I shall say what I want, and see if you can make it happen for me... :)
I want my nick to be something like this:
Josh - Now Playing: Artist - Title
Ok I can enter "Josh - Now Playing: %3" into your mask, but when I close winamp, this is what my nick now looks like. Not good.
I also want to be able to just show my normal nick, Josh, when I pause a song. I often pause a song for lengths of time, and I don't want it to keep saying I'm playing a song.
When I disable to plugin, it should keep my original nick, not the one that includes the song
Also in config screen, there should be a button for help, and also pressing enter should actually press the OK button.

Anyways, I hope my suggestions are helpful. Keep up the good work, and hopefully you can get this plugin to do what I want, and then you will have one happy customer.

try this for your nickname

Josh %[- Now Playing: %3%]   when winamp is off the now playing wont show in ur name

this is a nice plugin and all but ill stick with song2nick, does all this and more..
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by CookieRevised on 10-27-2004 at 05:25 AM

quote:
Edit: I agree with the point you make. This is an example of a feature upon which was expanded during programming. At first I only intended to display "Artist - Title" but later on I thought about separating those two. I know it's redundant but it might save people some characters in their mask and now it's consistent with the tags, (!ARTISTTITLE) being available too. Do you think I should remove it?
Remove %3? Nah, make it show some other tag, dunno, like album or something. (but (!ARTISTTITLE) is indeed a bit redundant if the original %3 is removed.)

Possible futur tags:
- total length in secs
- current position in secs
- album
- etc...
- in short: all the possible tags you could have for MP3's. Must be easy to implement, though you may want to change the tagnames to something more descriptive if you add more. %title, %album, %artist, etc...

quote:
Hmm, the code you posted doesn't seem to do anything. What should the "0" part do exactly? I've also tested it without my tag but still nothing happened.
People use the "0" at the end of their nick to make the "says:"in color 0 (white) so it doesn't show on a white background. Normally when you use the Plus! command "/nick" all the colortags are automatically reset at the end, so you can't use this trick. And that's why there is a "/nick2" command, this command does the same as /nick (changing your nick) only it wont reset all the colortags at the end, and thus everything after the nick is colorerd with it (thus also the "says:" in a conversation)
RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-27-2004 at 06:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jolo
Something very strange happened. After a little time of using, the Configure option doesn't work anymore. :(

This has happened to me too, so far I've not been able to reproduce the problem which makes it very hard to correct the problem. I'll go over my code and see if I can find the bug.

Okay, thank you all for your comments/critiques. Unfortunately, today I'm working most of the day but tomorrow I'm free so I'll start improving the plugin then. Thanks again.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by -dt- on 10-27-2004 at 09:46 AM

this is a great plugin but how about detecting when the next song is on and then swapping nick names insted of checking every x amount of secs. so as soon as i hit next my nick name changes?

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by DiegoCJ on 10-27-2004 at 12:55 PM

I was trying to use it with iTunes + MultiPlugin(one of the features of this plugin is that it makes programs think iTunes is WinAmp) but after I started iTunes the MPWplugin just doesn't work... I can't configure it either, it doesn't accept any commands even when iTunes is closed... I think I killed it... :$

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by user27089 on 10-27-2004 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DiegoCJ
I was trying to use it with iTunes + MultiPlugin(one of the features of this plugin is that it makes programs think iTunes is WinAmp) but after I started iTunes the MPWplugin just doesn't work... I can't configure it either, it doesn't accept any commands even when iTunes is closed... I think I killed it... :$

This plugin only works with WinAmp, which is a great media player with lots of skins etc.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Veggie on 10-27-2004 at 05:11 PM

i love this plugin! its exactly what i was looking for thankyou and well done (Y)!

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Hidea on 10-27-2004 at 06:45 PM

very nice!!! iTunes version?!

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-27-2004 at 07:51 PM

Wow, I'm really glad there are people that like my plugin! I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with sourceforge.net (where my plugin is hosted), but that's where my development takes place. One of the features sf.net is that people can create feature request and report bugs. When a feature request or bug is posted I immediately get notified. The link to the request tracker is: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=121315&atid=689928.

I'll start coding right after this post, so off I'll be!

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Veggie on 10-28-2004 at 11:00 AM

i found a bug.
you cant use personalised status as when a new song gets played it gets rid of the {working} bit at the end of your nickname.

i was thinking also could it just apend the now playing track details to the end of the nick so u can still change your name with the /nick and the msn options etc

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Leif on 10-28-2004 at 02:41 PM

I played an .MPG in WinAmp. Messenger died on me! Same with a .WMV!

---------------------------
And a friend got Runtime error! Program: D:\Program\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact ...

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by auhsor on 10-29-2004 at 02:33 AM

Yeah that happened to me when I played a midi file. :(

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-29-2004 at 11:21 AM

I'm currently rewriting a lot of stuff, so it might take a while for the first update. I hope you'll all be patient. :)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by auhsor on 10-30-2004 at 01:59 AM

Thats cool. I can wait. Keep up the good work.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 10-30-2004 at 04:00 PM

As a short tease I can already tell you that you will have access to all ID3v1 tags in the next version. I will also incorporate conditional tags based on the status of Winamp (Closed, Playing, Paused or Stopped). :)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by auhsor on 10-31-2004 at 05:44 AM

Sounds good, keep up the great work.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-31-2004 at 07:01 AM

quote:
As a short tease I can already tell you that you will have access to all ID3v1 tags in the next version. I will also incorporate conditional tags based on the status of Winamp (Closed, Playing, Paused or Stopped). :)

what about ID3v2 tags? will it be able to access then in a future version atleast?
RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 11-01-2004 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyWuzzy
what about ID3v2 tags? will it be able to access then in a future version atleast?

Well, I gotta think about it. I could add support for it, but I might want to add other things first, I'll give it a thought.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Jolo on 11-03-2004 at 04:23 AM

MPWinamp 0.80 is not compatible with Messenger 7 Beta and Messenger Plus! 3.40 Beta. :(

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by LOWriDER on 11-05-2004 at 11:58 PM

quote:
MPWinamp 0.80 is not compatible with Messenger 7 Beta and Messenger Plus! 3.40 Beta. :(

who cares ? Why is msn 7 so much better than 6.2 ? I don't see any major progression. Unless they fix up the winks and think of some new gadgets it's not worth the hassle, certainly not for me.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by auhsor on 11-06-2004 at 12:21 AM

The way I see it is that it is usually always a good idea to upgrade to the latest version of programs. Sooner or later you will have to upgrade, so I don't see any reason not to now. Well not now, but you know what I mean.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by speedy_kevin on 11-06-2004 at 12:34 PM

quote:

If this can be fixed I would use it :D

ID3v2 tags are more used the the v1 tags. So support for v2 tags would be handy :D
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 11-07-2004 at 09:45 AM

I'm terribly sorry that everything takes so long, but it's been an extremely busy week for school (and still is). I have to finish a paper and that takes some time unfortunately. Hope to get back to development soon!

edit: Compatibility is an important issue to me, so I'll try to make it compatible ASAP. Is there any indication what has changed in the plugin section in the newer versions?

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by VuDu on 11-07-2004 at 02:26 PM

how about ogg support?
is it implemented already? since I heard your plugin wasn't compatible with the latest 7.0 Beta I didn't download it yet.
I'm waiting for an update ;)

so great job, the compliments are great! I'm looking foward to try it! ;)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by L. Coyote on 11-23-2004 at 06:58 PM

IMPORTANT: Messing around with the Registry can lead to unwanted problems. If you do not feel confident with deleting keys, adding keys, etc., DON'T DO THIS!!!
I can't be held responsible if something happens. If you choose to follow the instructions: Don't delete or modify keys that I didn't mention.

The Config Button bug happens when you click Ok, after configuring the options for the plug-in.

The plug-in is creating the WPWinamp key branch in the wrong place, so it's not working.

The temporary solution is too annoying, because it never stays put (the plug-in makes the wrong changes again). It could be better if the problem is corrected by putting the correct path in the code.

The "solution" is:

1. Disable the WPWinamp plug-in in the Plug-Ins panel, and close MSN Messenger.

2. First export the following key to the PlugIns folder, as wpwinamp.reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Plugins\MPWinamp

Delete the following keys *:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<youremail>\Preferences\Plugins\mpwinamp.dll
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Plugins

3. Open wpwinamp.reg with Notepad, and change the key location (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Plugins) with this one:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<youremail>\Preferences\Plugins

4. Then add the following code to the wpwinamp.reg file:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<youremail>\Preferences\Plugins\mpwinamp.dll]
"IsNative"=dword:00000001
"Enable"=dword:00000001

5. Having deleted the keys, go to the plug-ins folder and double-click on the REG file. Accept the changes to the Registry.

6. Open up MSN Messenger and go to the Plug-Ins panel, and see if the config button works.

The bad thing about this, is that if you accept the changes, the wrong key will be created again, and you'll have to start the process again.

* the wpwinamp.dll key is not the bogus one, but it's easier to load the plug-in that way, so you don't have to double-click so many files.

I can't remember if there's a way to delete keys via REG files, if so, I'll post the code for that, and it'll be easier than this.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by CookieRevised on 11-23-2004 at 08:46 PM

Those keys... aren't those the keys that Messenger Plus! must set and not the plugin itself?? ^o)

quote:
Originally posted by UglyBoy
I can't remember if there's a way to delete keys via REG files, if so, I'll post the code for that, and it'll be easier than this.
Put a minus in front of the line.
Also don't forget to make RegEdit v4 files instead of the RegEdit v5 files you create by default in Windows XP (because not everyone will have Win XP/NT).
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by L. Coyote on 11-23-2004 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Those keys... aren't those the keys that Messenger Plus! must set and not the plugin itself??
Which ones you mean? All of them or some?

If MsgPlus! makes those keys shouldn't there be more (from other plug-ins)? The only key branch I get is the WPWinamp one. I talk about the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Plugins\MPWinamp  key.

Again, I'm not an expert in this. However, if the key is put in the email address it'll keep the configuration for only that user (someone wanted this).

But I don't use the plug-in now, since I'd have to restart MSN Messenger all the time.

Hopefully the creator of the plug-in will fix this little problem. :)
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by CookieRevised on 11-23-2004 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Which ones you mean? All of them or some?
all of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<your_email>\Preferences\Plugins\*

quote:
If MsgPlus! makes those keys shouldn't there be more (from other plug-ins)?
Yes, each plugin has an entry there.

Also, a plugin/program should create his own branch in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\*, not in the one that is dedicated to Messenger Plus! itself (I'm refering to \MsgPlus2\Plugins\MPWinamp).

(I) Or there should be a regulation from Patchou saying were plugins can make their entries, because as it is now, there is a wildfire/chaos of places were plugin developpers put there settings, making it all uncoordinated/unlogic. This could be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Plugins\* for all I care, but there should be a regulation though...

quote:
Again, I'm not an expert in this. However, if the key is put in the email address it'll keep the configuration for only that user (someone wanted this).
That isn't done automatically and the plugin needs to be programmed to retrieve the email address of the current logged in user. It is not Messenger Plus! that saves the plugin settings automatically per user. In other words, the plugin can still make:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ErikSchierboom\MPWinamp\<your_email>\
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 11-24-2004 at 08:10 AM

I'm terribly sorry, will fix this as soon as I have time to work on the plugin again. :(

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by red3vil on 11-25-2004 at 02:29 PM

hey it's open source, so can nobody help a bit?
btw i still had [ja] [nee]...
greetz

[edit]
maybe it's a bit more user friendly if u make the imput for the amount of seconds or even better, to the average of the playlist (to limit the amount of nickchanges)
[/edit]

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by CookieRevised on 11-25-2004 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by red3vil
hey it's open source, so can nobody help a bit?
btw i still had [ja] [nee]...
That's because your OS is dutch.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by L. Coyote on 11-25-2004 at 08:53 PM

I'm obviously too damn stupid. I apologize to the creator of this plug-in. (y)

It really doesn't matter where the reg. keys are (8-) @ me). The only problem is that the configure box does not appear, and that the nickname doesn't refresh by itself.
Edit: I can refresh it manually with "/xwinampnick". So the plug-in does work.
Edit 2: Now it crashes MSN Messenger when enabled. *sigh* Wish I knew C++...

So, sorry for all the mess I did up there. m(_ _)m <---- bowing (Japanese thing)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by eckocomplex on 11-25-2004 at 09:02 PM

My suggestion, instead of having a refresh rate and wasting in/out traffic (for your contacts also) you could make it only change when you change the song in Winamp, like MessengerDiscovery does. It's alot more practical as you are not flooding the MSN server with nick changes (which could cause unhappy things).

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by LuL_TeX on 11-29-2004 at 01:13 AM

quote:

im now having this problem myself..

anything that can be done???
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Kakeru on 11-29-2004 at 01:37 AM

I have tried your pluggin with 6.1 and 6.2 versions but auto-update function doesnt run. I've clicked on the menu box with several intervals (1 second, 5, 10 and so but nothing) If i choose to change my nick maually it works but then my nick is no updated anymore.

Any idea please? I have the last Plus! version and windows Me. Thnx in advance.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 11-29-2004 at 01:03 PM

No sorry, I'll hope to have this fixed in the next version. It might have something to do with a memory allocation error.

Okay, it's taken me far longer than expected, but school was a pain in the ... You can download version 0.81 from
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=121315
, but I have marked it as a beta version so you guys can all test it and I can modify some things should that be necessary. There have been many bugfixes (no more crashing I hope) and there are some new features (more tags and more conditionals). Please spill all your thoughts, it can only make my plugin better.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by L. Coyote on 12-23-2004 at 08:12 PM

I get a "couldn't load seetings, sorry" error when I click on the Configure button on the Plugins Panel.

But the plugin is working great! (Y) :D Yay! (8)

Edit 1: it works fine when accessed from the conversation window Plus! => Plugins => MPWinamp => Configure...

Edit 2: it seems that after saving the info using the method from Edit 1, it allows me to click on the configure button on the Plugins Panel :D

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 12-23-2004 at 08:45 PM

quote:
I get a "couldn't load seetings, sorry" error when I click on the Configure button on the Plugins Panel.

But the plugin is working great! (Y) :D Yay! (8)

Edit 1: it works fine when accessed from the conversation window Plus! => Plugins => MPWinamp => Configure...

Edit 2: it seems that after saving the info using the method from Edit 1, it allows me to click on the configure button on the Plugins Panel :D

That looks like a bug to me!
/grabs his pencil and notes it

edit: I've corrected the bug, thanks for notifying me! I've included the updated installer and will soon place it on sourceforge.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by L. Coyote on 12-23-2004 at 08:55 PM

quote:
That looks like a bug to me!
/grabs his pencil and notes it

'Tis the only one so far :)

Everything seems to work, cond. tags and all (Y)

Congrats!!! :D

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 12-23-2004 at 09:52 PM

Okay, I've edited my post above and you can find the installer there and on sourceforge.net. Glad that everything else is working. :) Right now I'm trying to find a better way of knowing when winamp changes a song, the polling which is done right now is not the best solution.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by auhsor on 12-24-2004 at 02:56 AM

Nice work, I was wondering when this plugin would get updated. I shall test it out and see if I can break it ;)

edit: Ok, at first I thought it wasn't working, but then I restarted MSN Messenger after I set the settings for MPWinamp, and it worked.

Another thing. I managed to crash it :P. If you have a song without an ID1 tag it crashes. Also I had a song with a full ID2 tag that was the right one, but an ID1 tag with only the artist, but it should have read from the ID2 tag to find the title.

Ok, now it keeps on crashing after restarting. It doesn't like me anymore. Whenever I now open Winamp when Messenger is running, it crashes Messenger. :S

But nice work in getting the different playing states thing working.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Ash_ on 12-24-2004 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Okay, I've edited my post above and you can find the installer there and on sourceforge.net. Glad that everything else is working. :) Right now I'm trying to find a better way of knowing when winamp changes a song, the polling which is done right now is not the best solution.

maybe look into the Winamp API. the way Messenger Discovery used to do it was get Winamp to capture the global message winamp sent on song change then you could call a function which updates everything.

looking into the API (if successful) will remove the need for timers.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 12-27-2004 at 01:19 AM

Well the plugin has worked for me (0.80).. but after a while it kept crashing or didn't change my nickname @ all

with 0.81b its the same.... as soon as it tries to change my nick it crashes

Messenger: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus!: 3.40.0112
Windows 2000: 2195
Winamp: 5.07

i love this plugin.. but i had to disable it.... couldn't even start messenger...
hope you can find a fix or something

big edit:

Seems that i got it to work somehow...
this time i didn't use any - or : (normaly i use Da Dude - Now Playing: %1 %2) and i deactivated stuffplug

but i notice that are lots spaces between the command (%1 & %2 etc..)
where the mask says: Da Dude Now playing %1%2
i get: Da Dude Now Playing Korn                 y'all want a single

Lets hope it keeps working

edit: Nope ain't the - or:
edit2: Nope ain't stuff plug...

Weird *-)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by L. Coyote on 12-27-2004 at 10:52 PM

Did you check the file's info? Maybe it's written like that.

And when it made MSN crash, did you check if the file had any info at all?

I found this plugin crashing with a specific group of files: Blink 182 which didn't have tag info in them. *after looking at previous posts* Oh, someone had the same problem.

Ah, and don't double-post, it's against the forum rules (edit your previous message) ;)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 12-27-2004 at 10:54 PM

no i found the problem.. the MP3 is VBR instead of CBR
only reasons i can come up with

it ain't the tags (v1 and v2), i already tested that...
the header isn't it also

quote:
Did you check the file's info? Maybe it's written like that.

nope its written good

quote:
And when it made MSN crash, did you check if the file had any info at all?

it did have info

quote:
Ah, and don't double-post, it's against the forum rules (edit your previous message) ;)

sorry fixed :)

edit: here's an screenie (its an gif animation :) )
more detail info, see my next post
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Firestyler on 12-27-2004 at 10:59 PM

the tool is really really gret, but can you fix a bug with ascii characters?
that he see all characters that can be use
example:&#1170;, ×...

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 12-27-2004 at 11:31 PM

Yes i can confirm that it is the VBR thats causing the spaces

Korn: (with spaces bug)
Size: 7190023 bytes
Header found at: 0 bytes
Length: 271 seconds
MPEG 1.0 layer 3
212kbit (VBR), 10407 frames
44100Hz Joint Stereo
CRCs: No
Copyrighted: No
Original: Yes
Emphasis: None

Limp Bizkit: (without spaces bug)
Size: 6948864 bytes
Header found at: 1388 bytes
Length: 289 seconds
MPEG 1.0 layer 3
192kbit, 11098 frames
44100Hz Stereo
Original: No

Evanescence - My Immortal (with spaces bug)
Size: 7105506 bytes
Length: 278 seconds
MPEG 1.0 layer 3
204kbit (VBR), 10653 frames
44100Hz Joint Stereo

(see previous attachment for more info)

update:
tested another VBR mp3, this time it crashes

quote:
De toepassing , , heeft een fout gegenereerd De fout is opgetreden op 28-12-2004 om 00.29.21.828 De gegenereerde uitzondering is c0000005 op adres 01BA3570 (<nosymbols>)

File info: Jay-Z And Linkin Park - Jigga What/Faint
Size: 6154049 bytes
Length: 211 seconds
MPEG 1.0 layer 3
233kbit (VBR), 8086 frames
44100Hz Joint Stereo

(it ain't the / in the song)

After all these problems, i have some request (features)
- nickname changing if the next song starts (already requested)
- Status of the song with one command (like: Now Playing: , Now stopped, Now paused)
- If Winamp isn't on, it changes back to your normall nickname
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 12-28-2004 at 09:00 PM

Thanks for all your input, I'll evaluate what has to be done and get to work next week (I'm having one hell of a LAN-party right now). Thanks again.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ieremiou on 12-29-2004 at 04:40 AM

Finally something that works resonably well for MSN Messenger 7.
Well done.
So far normal files that use tagging shows up but older formats like MODS, S3Ms, ITs, XMs, and so on do not use that kind of format. Not sure how this is planned to be dealt with. (if at all) but it would be nice since I listen to a lot of these files on Winamp.

I use Yahoo! Messenger Status Plugin v0.5.1 for Yahoo *of course*
  (it's a General Purpose Winamp Plugin)

So YMSP is developed differently (sorta the other way) than this plugin is but maybe there is a way to make it work with other file formats?
http://www.mycgiserver.com/~bambang/software.html is where I got YMSP.
It's a pity it hasn't been worked on in over a year and a half but it's the only one that works the way I want it to and with Yahoo Messenger 6.

/Ieremiou

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 12-30-2004 at 11:42 PM

I've tracked the bug down and will try to solve it asap.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by giken on 12-30-2004 at 11:42 PM

please can you add song to avatar feature like song2nick?

thanks

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 12-31-2004 at 12:16 PM

I've fixed the bug which caused messenger to crash, in the new release it should not crash anymore. The new release (0.81c) can be found at:

quote:
Originally posted by provolino

thanks

Well, this would probably take some time to develop. I really like this feature, but I don't think I will add it to my plugin, sorry.

quote:
So YMSP is developed differently (sorta the other way) than this plugin is but maybe there is a way to make it work with other file formats?

I have an idea to have my plugin have add support for other file formats, but it remains to be tested. I'll keep you updated.

Happy new year to you all!
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 12-31-2004 at 01:37 PM

Sweet, it works (for the crash part :) ) nice work..

Discovered a new bug:
if i use this name: Da Dude [p](8)(8) Now playing: %1 - %2 - %3 (8)(8)[/p]

and play the korn song (the one with spaces bug) it doesn't display the song

if i remove the [p] command and %3 command it works, but still with spaces.. hope to see it fixed :)

and happy new year 2 you 2, and others

RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Ash_ on 12-31-2004 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
quote:

maybe look into the Winamp API. the way Messenger Discovery used to do it was get Winamp to capture the global message winamp sent on song change then you could call a function which updates everything.

looking into the API (if successful) will remove the need for timers.

did you see me say this, i really think you should look into it

edit : i've attached some source (NOT! coded by me :( :P)
it gets the song name and some of other ID3v1 tags i think..

anyway good luck
RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by giken on 12-31-2004 at 04:58 PM

quote:
quote:

thanks

Well, this would probably take some time to develop. I really like this feature, but I don't think I will add it to my plugin, sorry.

Please please reconsider it, song2avatar is the best innovative feature of this kind of plugin :(
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by auhsor on 01-01-2005 at 09:50 AM

Sweet, I hope it fixes that crashing problem good.

Also the download from optus (australia) doesn't work at sourceforge.net. I think that is out of your control tho, I'm just letting you know.

edit: Oh I just thought of something... If there is a file format that your plugin doesn't understand, you should have an option to read the actual filename.

RE: RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-01-2005 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
did you see me say this, i really think you should look into it

edit : i've attached some source (NOT! coded by me :( :P)
it gets the song name and some of other ID3v1 tags i think..

anyway good luck

Thank you very much for your help, I'll look into it!
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Alexcess on 01-03-2005 at 10:43 PM

hi!any chance of making an uninstaller? i don't know how, but i managed to make my messenger crash as soon as i get logged on... i tried deleting the mpwinamp dll of the plugins folder and my messenger came back to life... then i reinstalled your plugin and the crash thing came again...

so i guess it's because some other preferences that i left from the first intallation... I'm not a programmer or something... i can move myself in the registry... so... what can i delete to get a clear MPWinamp installation?

This happened maybe because i used your plugin with many color tags or format tags (My nickname is a gradient and it's underlined, then i changed the color of the artist and the one for the song and added four emoticons)

I love your plugin... please, i'd like to be able to use it again...

Greetings from Mexico

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-04-2005 at 09:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alexcess
hi!any chance of making an uninstaller? i don't know how, but i managed to make my messenger crash as soon as i get logged on... i tried deleting the mpwinamp dll of the plugins folder and my messenger came back to life... then i reinstalled your plugin and the crash thing came again...

so i guess it's because some other preferences that i left from the first intallation... I'm not a programmer or something... i can move myself in the registry... so... what can i delete to get a clear MPWinamp installation?

This happened maybe because i used your plugin with many color tags or format tags (My nickname is a gradient and it's underlined, then i changed the color of the artist and the one for the song and added four emoticons)

I love your plugin... please, i'd like to be able to use it again...

Greetings from Mexico

I could definitely make an uninstaller, but where should I put it? Not in the plugins directory I guess, because only plugins should be placed there. Well, I'll give it some thought.

As to how you could clean up, go to the registry editor and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Schier\MPWinamp\. In there you'll find different keys for each email address so delete the one your using.

By the way, the key will be changed to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the next version.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by gdumitresco on 01-04-2005 at 03:44 PM

hi

I've been looking for a long time for a plug in easy to use like this

thanks (I'm using messenger 7 beta)

I just didn't understand how to use exactly the mask conditionals...

RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-04-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:

I could definitely make an uninstaller, but where should I put it? Not in the plugins directory I guess, because only plugins should be placed there. Well, I'll give it some thought.

As to how you could clean up, go to the registry editor and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Schier\MPWinamp\. In there you'll find different keys for each email address so delete the one your using.

By the way, the key will be changed to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the next version.

make a new directory in the plugin directory, and put there the uninstaller (like stuffplug does)

ps any progress in the new version? (no pressior :) )
[no subject] by ErikSchierboom on 01-05-2005 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Da Dude
make a new directory in the plugin directory, and put there the uninstaller (like stuffplug does)

ps any progress in the new version? (no pressior :) )

I'll do just that, thanks. Right now I'm having a bit of trouble with the global message hook required for me to react correctly on song changes in Winamp. The WinampMagic part is almost finished, that should give my plugin the ability to use the metadata of all supported types in Winamp (I believe).
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-05-2005 at 06:13 PM

Sweet can't wait (H)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-07-2005 at 01:55 PM

I've created an uninstaller and decided that it concluded version 0.81 of my plugin. It can be found at the usual location:

The next version will probably contain some big updates, so watch this thread! ;)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-07-2005 at 03:20 PM

Nice, i've read the text file..
but what troubles me is that my name is to long for all the masks (no more room for paused and %3)
( Da Dude (8)(8) Now playing: [p]%1 - %2[/p]Stopped[c]Closed[/c] (8)(8) )

maybe you could make a mask like this:

Da Dude: Now [status]: %1 - %2 - %3[/status] (8)

if winamp playing: Da Dude: Now playing: %1 - %2 - %3 (8)
if winamp pausing: Da Dude: Now paused: %1 - %2 - %3 (8)
if winamp stopped: Da Dude:  Now stopt playing: %1 - %2 - %3 (8)
if winamp closed: Da Dude: Now closed winamp (8)

or maybe you can make your own status

also if you need a ginny pig.. just PM me :-)

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-07-2005 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Nice, i've read the text file..
but what troubles me is that my name is to long for all the masks (no more room for paused and %3)
( Da Dude (8)(8) Now playing: [p]%1 - %2[/p]Stopped[c]Closed[/c] (8)(8) )

maybe you could make a mask like this:

Da Dude: Now [status]: %1 - %2 - %3[/status] (8)

if winamp playing: Da Dude: Now playing: %1 - %2 - %3 (8)
if winamp pausing: Da Dude: Now paused: %1 - %2 - %3 (8)
if winamp stopped: Da Dude:  Now stopt playing: %1 - %2 - %3 (8)
if winamp closed: Da Dude: Now closed winamp (8)

or maybe you can make your own status

also if you need a ginny pig.. just PM me :-)

This sounds like a good idea! I'll add this to my plugin.

What do you guys think about replacing the %1....%9 by %a, %b etc. It think it might be a better idea, because masks could become a lot clearer as %a = artist makes a bit more sense than %1 = artist.

I was thinking about using the following tags:
%a = artist
%t = title
%l = album
%y = year
%c = comment
%n = track nr.
%g = genre
%b = bitrate
%f = filename
%s = status (will be a new tag as suggested by Da Dude)

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-07-2005 at 07:35 PM

quote:
What do you guys think about replacing the %1....%9 by %a, %b etc. It think it might be a better idea, because masks could become a lot clearer as %a = artist makes a bit more sense than %1 = artist.

%a = artist
%t = title
%l = album
%y = year
%c = comment
%n = track nr.
%g = genre
%b = bitrate
%f = filename

sounds great...
maybe add

%at (artist + title) (with a - and a space between every part)
%atl (artist + title + album) (with a - and a space between every part)

and still keep %a, %t & %l

How's the progress going :-)
can't wait :-)

also, the offer still stands if you need a guinea pig (betá tester) :-)

Another also, i found a new bug or feature that isn't supported. If i put my Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flav...CD in my cd/dvd-rom, it loads winamp, which loads CDDB, which fills in the tags. Now MPwinamp doesn't get those tags.

Maybe something for 1.0 or the upcoming version :)
RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by CookieRevised on 01-16-2005 at 10:12 PM

quote:

%a = artist
%t = title
%l = album
%y = year
%c = comment
%n = track nr.
%g = genre
%b = bitrate
%f = filename

good, but maybe you want to make the variablenames a bit longer then 1 character. In the futur (when you'll add more and more amybe) you will come to a point where you can't use the first letter of the word anymore. so maybe it's better to use the full words like: artist, %title, %album, etc...

quote:
sounds great...
maybe add
%at (artist + title) (with a - and a space between every part)
%atl (artist + title + album) (with a - and a space between every part)
and still keep %a, %t & %l
Not agreed, why adding more variables when you can make just the same with "%a - %t" for example. You don't have to do it for convenience because it's not like you're going to change the settings every hour or so (and that would be the only reason why you wanna add something like this). Once the settings are set, it should be fine for a long while. Adding more variables like this will only confuse. Furthermore, you say for example add "%at", what if people don't want a hypen between the artist and title but an asteriks? In that case it is useless (and this goes for many things and people). Also, why not %ta, %tal, %nat, etc.. etc... there are more then thousand possebilities. Should they all be added for, actualy, nothing (because you can make your own combinations anyways)? It only creates more confusion, more code, and bigger program.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by taz030485 on 01-17-2005 at 01:44 AM

I was wondering if there is a way to make it only change my name when the song changes? As I use th event log window and it constanly has me changing my name. If I increase the refresh rate then it could refresh just b4 it chnages song and then my name would not be correct. If it only changed ur name when the song changes would be good.

Otherwise great plugin, keep up the good work(Y)

Thanks

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Ash_ on 01-17-2005 at 03:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by taz030485
I was wondering if there is a way to make it only change my name when the song changes? As I use th event log window and it constanly has me changing my name. If I increase the refresh rate then it could refresh just b4 it chnages song and then my name would not be correct. If it only changed ur name when the song changes would be good.

Otherwise great plugin, keep up the good work(Y)

Thanks

he's working on this now, it will change your name on the second the song in winamp changes. which will minimize this problem heaps! (Y).
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by giken on 01-17-2005 at 07:39 AM

quote:

The next version will probably contain some big updates, so watch this thread! ;)

maybe song2avatar feature? ;)
RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-17-2005 at 10:30 AM

quote:
quote:

maybe song2avatar feature? ;)

Not yet, maybe later

quote:
I was wondering if there is a way to make it only change my name when the song changes? As I use th event log window and it constanly has me changing my name.
Thanks

I hope to have the on-song-change code ready for the next version in a short while, as for the constantly changing of the nickname, that is a known bug which I've fixed in the newer (unreleased) version. I'm having quite a lot of trouble getting the winamp playlist correctly subclassed from an external application, that's why it's taking a bit longer than expected (and add my upcoming exams to it too).

quote:
good, but maybe you want to make the variablenames a bit longer then 1 character. In the futur (when you'll add more and more amybe) you will come to a point where you can't use the first letter of the word anymore. so maybe it's better to use the full words like: artist, %title, %album, etc...

I'm fine with extending the names of the tags to be more verbose, the only slight disadvantage is a slight loss of speed (although it certainly won't be noticed) and the help dialog would become a bit bigger. I do agree that the tags would be clearer.

quote:
Not agreed, why adding more variables when you can make just the same with "%a - %t" for example. You don't have to do it for convenience because it's not like you're going to change the settings every hour or so (and that would be the only reason why you wanna add something like this). Once the settings are set, it should be fine for a long while. Adding more variables like this will only confuse. Furthermore, you say for example add "%at", what if people don't want a hypen between the artist and title but an asteriks? In that case it is useless (and this goes for many things and people). Also, why not %ta, %tal, %nat, etc.. etc... there are more then thousand possebilities. Should they all be added for, actualy, nothing (because you can make your own combinations anyways)? It only creates more confusion, more code, and bigger program.

I've also thought about it, and I came to the same conclusion.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Plastick on 01-17-2005 at 01:37 PM

Hi there, been using the MPWinamp 0.81 plugin for half a day. I've noticed that when songs with ID3v2 tag (but no ID3v1 tag) play, it doesnt automatically update my nick. Is this what the plugin suppose to be (which is to only able to read ID3v1 tag)? I have no problems with songs tagged with ID3v1.
If so, will much appreciate it if the plugin is able to read ID3v2 tags as majority of my songs are only tagged with ID3v2 as they have long filenames.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-17-2005 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plastick
Hi there, been using the MPWinamp 0.81 plugin for half a day. I've noticed that when songs with ID3v2 tag (but no ID3v1 tag) play, it doesnt automatically update my nick. Is this what the plugin suppose to be (which is to only able to read ID3v1 tag)? I have no problems with songs tagged with ID3v1.
If so, will much appreciate it if the plugin is able to read ID3v2 tags as majority of my songs are only tagged with ID3v2 as they have long filenames.

So far the plugin only supports ID3v1 tags, but I plan on changing it soon.
RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Plastick on 01-17-2005 at 03:28 PM

quote:
quote:

So far the plugin only supports ID3v1 tags, but I plan on changing it soon.

Nice... be looking forward to that release. Till then this plugin will be able to function properly for my case. :)
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by King Of Chaos on 01-17-2005 at 07:54 PM

when i install it, my pestpatrol says its a unknown trojan

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by masterk on 01-17-2005 at 09:23 PM

is it possible with MPWinamp to show the foldername where the song is located not just the album name from the id3 tag? It would be a nice function to have according to me anyway =)

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-18-2005 at 07:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by King Of Chaos
when i install it, my pestpatrol says its a unknown trojan

Really? Well, I can of course reassure you: it's not. If you should have any doubts, you can check the source for yourself as my plugin is open source.

quote:
Originally posted by masterk
is it possible with MPWinamp to show the foldername where the song is located not just the album name from the id3 tag? It would be a nice function to have according to me anyway =)

I might put this in a next release, I'll keep it in mind.
RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by taz030485 on 01-18-2005 at 08:25 AM

quote:
quote:
I was wondering if there is a way to make it only change my name when the song changes? As I use th event log window and it constanly has me changing my name.
Thanks

I hope to have the on-song-change code ready for the next version in a short while, as for the constantly changing of the nickname, that is a known bug which I've fixed in the newer (unreleased) version. I'm having quite a lot of trouble getting the winamp playlist correctly subclassed from an external application, that's why it's taking a bit longer than expected (and add my upcoming exams to it too).

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. U prob get this alot but if u want me to test it b4 u release it I'd be more then happy to.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by masterk on 01-18-2005 at 11:42 AM

that would be really nice if you would ErikSchierboom. Cos i havent found any other plugin that can do just that..ortherwise your plugin is great, just that missing thing ;)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-18-2005 at 08:52 PM

Okay guys, I've created a new (beta) version of my plugin. The version number jumps to 0.90 because the changes reflect that (I think). Note that this is a beta version, there may still be bugs so please test it extensively (eg. abuse it ;)).

The installer can be downloaded at the usual location:

Oh, and masterk, I suggest you'd try it out, you might be in for a little surprise.

edit: oh, I forgot to mention the new version number: 0.90a

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-18-2005 at 10:03 PM

Looking great
No crashes yet

the VBR bug seems to be fixed, CDDB supported, tags looking good

so its a (Y) from me for you (H)

Maybe its a good idea to update your first post on this topic :-)

Bugs so far:
- when i close winamp, and i let %status get displayed. It doesn't say closed.
(Maybe you didn't code it in, if so, then please put it in)
- I managed to get "cda://H,7.cd" (example) when i showed a contact my path of the current song (yes it was a CD). The first time it worked though: "H:\Track04.cda"

I still have some ideas:
- Ability to say, that if the tag (%artist, %album etc..) is bigger then x characters, you get ... behind the name
- Song2avatar (already requested), with ability to display current your mask, and the upcoming song
- Ability to share the song with a command, or maybe a sort of bot build in
- Totall album Numbers (so you can make a combo like this: %Artist - %song [%trackr/%tracktotall] ) (output would be Korn - Here to stay [7/19])
- What taz030485 says, if you close winamp, it restores your old nick (maybe you could give it up, what it is)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by taz030485 on 01-18-2005 at 10:29 PM

Thanks for the update:)
I'll test it when I get a chance.

Just thought of something else would it be possible to have a nickname tag or something, which reads the nickname and saves b4 it changes and can be used in the name and resored back when winamp is cloesed or something

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by jasonallen on 01-18-2005 at 10:44 PM

When I try to run /xwinampnick in an IM window, Winamp just throws an illegal error.

(Winamp 5.03)

I dunno if its been implemented yet, but the auto update doesn't work.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-18-2005 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by j.g.allen
When I try to run /xwinampnick in an IM window, Winamp just throws an illegal error.

(Winamp 5.03)

I dunno if its been implemented yet, but the auto update doesn't work.

no problems here

Winamp: 5.08c
Windows-versie: Windows 2000, 5.00.2195
Messenger-versie: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.40.0112
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by jasonallen on 01-18-2005 at 10:48 PM

Hmm, i'll update to the latest winamp and see.

EDIT: No change, still got illegal error, and no auto update.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-18-2005 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Hmm, i'll update to the latest winamp and see.

EDIT: No change, still got illegal error, and no auto update.

Nickname changing commands:
"/xwinampnick"         : Update the nickname based on the current mask.
"/xwinampnick on"      : Enable the updating of the nickname.
"/xwinampnick off"     : Disable the updating of the nickname.
"/xwinampnick enable"  : Enable the updating of the nickname.
"/xwinampnick disable" : Disable the updating of the nickname.
"/xwinampnick config"  : Show the MPWinamp configuration window.
"/xwinampmask %1"      : Change the nickname mask to "%1".
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by jasonallen on 01-18-2005 at 11:05 PM

I know how to change it, it worked before, in 0.80 . Just, if i'm playing a song in winamp and then type /xwinampnick then it "illegal error"s winamp and then changed my nickname to the stopped mask.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-19-2005 at 07:19 AM

quote:
I know how to change it, it worked before, in 0.80 . Just, if i'm playing a song in winamp and then type /xwinampnick then it "illegal error"s winamp and then changed my nickname to the stopped mask.

Which version of Windows are you using? The new song retrieval code only works on Windows NT-based systems (NT, 2000, XP). If you are using one of these OS'ses, could you please post the nickname mask and the information present in the file you're playing.

quote:
Bugs so far:
- I managed to get "cda://H,7.cd" (example) when i showed a contact my path of the current song (yes it was a CD). The first time it worked though: "H:\Track04.cda"

-The %status not showing is a bug, I'll fix it.
-Hmmm, I'll check it out.

quote:
I still have some ideas:
- Ability to say, that if the tag (%artist, %album etc..) is bigger then x characters, you get ... behind the name
- Song2avatar (already requested), with ability to display current your mask, and the upcoming song
- Totall album Numbers (so you can make a combo like this: %Artist - %song [%trackr/%tracktotall] ) (output would be Korn - Here to stay [7/19])
- What taz030485 says, if you close winamp, it restores your old nick (maybe you could give it up, what it is)

-The truncation of tags is an excellent idea, I will definitely put this in soon.
-Song2avatar is slight more complicated, maybe somewhere in the future.
-Ehm, by sharing the song you mean a command would initiate a file transfer of the song currently playing in Winamp? If this is correct I think it's an excellent idea. In fact, I do this myself often.
-The total numbers on an album is a good idea, but I don't know if it's possible. I'll look into it.
-The restoration of your nickname is one on my todo-list.

Thank you very much for all this valuable input, I'll keep you updated.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Plastick on 01-19-2005 at 07:46 AM

Will try the new release once the server is up... (Down atm)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by masterk on 01-19-2005 at 09:26 AM

I sure was surprised (in a good way:D), not in my wildest dreams could i have thought that you would implement my suggestion that quickly ErikSchierboom ;)
But i have problems with the use, the plugin doesnt seem to recognise the command (!XFOLDER) or (!XPATH) what i hit the fasttext it only show just (!XFOLDER) or (!PATH) not the folder name or the path.

RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-19-2005 at 10:19 AM

quote:
-Ehm, by sharing the song you mean a command would initiate a file transfer of the song currently playing in Winamp? If this is correct I think it's an excellent idea. In fact, I do this myself often.

Yes, maybe you have 2 ways. One for the contact, one for yourself.
Like this:
/xshare - You sharing the current song to a friend
/xshareget - you friend asks, if he could get the current song, or the filetransfer will start, without you starting it.

Ofcourse its all optional.

quote:
-The total numbers on an album is a good idea, but I don't know if it's possible. I'll look into it.

Well, the cue has x numbers in it, maybe you can catch it
RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-19-2005 at 12:47 PM

quote:
I sure was surprised (in a good way:D), not in my wildest dreams could i have thought that you would implement my suggestion that quickly ErikSchierboom ;)
But i have problems with the use, the plugin doesnt seem to recognise the command (!XFOLDER) or (!XPATH) what i hit the fasttext it only show just (!XFOLDER) or (!PATH) not the folder name or the path.

Hmmm, strange. I'll look into it.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-19-2005 at 02:51 PM

works for me....

input (in a chat):
(!XFILENAME)
(!XFOLDER)
(!XPATH)

output (in a chat):
08-korn-trash-rns
korn2
G:\x-newsdump\korn2\08-korn-trash-rns.mp3

input (fasttext):
Filenaam: (!XFILENAME)
Folder: (!XFOLDER)
Pad: (!XPATH)

Output (fasttext):
Filenaam: 08-korn-trash-rns
Folder: korn2
Pad: G:\x-newsdump\korn2\08-korn-trash-rns.mp3

So it works here...

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-19-2005 at 03:08 PM

I've found a slight bug and I'm fixing it right now. :)

edit: this is in respect to the (!XFOLDER) bug

RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by jasonallen on 01-19-2005 at 03:13 PM

quote:
quote:

Which version of Windows are you using? The new song retrieval code only works on Windows NT-based systems (NT, 2000, XP). If you are using one of these OS'ses, could you please post the nickname mask and the information present in the file you're playing.

Im on Win 98SE, so that explains it. Nickname mask is:

JASON ¦ [p]%1 - %2[/p] [s][/s]

Doesn't work with any song.

eg. Artist: Anastacia, Title: Left Outside Alone

RE: RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-19-2005 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Im on Win 98SE, so that explains it.

I'm terribly sorry, I really want to support non-NT based systems but the new code offers me some big advantages. For one, it is more fail-proof and secondly I get access to all metadata which Winamp is able to read (that automatically includes ID3v2 data) without having to write specific metadata retrieval code.

About the restoring of the nickname, would you like to specify a restore-nickname in the config dialog instead of using the tags for it? To me, it seems that one could achieve the restoring of the nickname by using the conditional tags. A current bug is that after disabling the plugin, the nickname does not restore itself. I'll fix this in a future release.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by masterk on 01-19-2005 at 03:52 PM

ErikSchierboom you are my new idol!! =) I tried to uninstall everything, and then i discovered that i had to had msn shutdown in order for it to delet MPWinamp.dll...so i shut it off removed everything manually and installed the lastes 0.90a and now (!XFOLDER) works so does (!PATH)...life is great :D

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-19-2005 at 04:29 PM

quote:
ErikSchierboom you are my new idol!! =) I tried to uninstall everything, and then i discovered that i had to had msn shutdown in order for it to delet MPWinamp.dll...so i shut it off removed everything manually and installed the lastes 0.90a and now (!XFOLDER) works so does (!PATH)...life is great :D

Great, it's a known bug that the uninstaller doesn't correctly remove the file but I might have a solution to that problem. Expect it in an upcoming release.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by masterk on 01-19-2005 at 07:03 PM

good that you are aware of it, anyhow everything turned out just nice =)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Plastick on 01-19-2005 at 07:10 PM

Sad.... it's totally not working for me on v0.90.... not even songs with ID3v1 tags.
Installed it went to configure using ' Nick [%artist - %title] ', 10sec update. My nick is all the time ' Nick  [ - ] ' even tho winamp is playing songs with either ID3v1 or ID3v2.
Man, what's my problem...

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 01-19-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Sad.... it's totally not working for me on v0.90.... not even songs with ID3v1 tags.
Installed it went to configure using ' Nick [%artist - %title] ', 10sec update. My nick is all the time ' Nick  [ - ] ' even tho winamp is playing songs with either ID3v1 or ID3v2.

Really, and the previous versions worked? Could you please post some information on the system you're using?
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-19-2005 at 07:56 PM

quote:
About the restoring of the nickname, would you like to specify a restore-nickname in the config dialog instead of using the tags for it? To me, it seems that one could achieve the restoring of the nickname by using the conditional tags. A current bug is that after disabling the plugin, the nickname does not restore itself. I'll fix this in a future release.

i think a restore nickname dialog in the config is better
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ieremiou on 01-20-2005 at 02:42 AM

Heya Erik

I just tried the new version and it seems to work pretty well for me.

One gripe I have with it right now is that changing the masks from a number to a name has caused the text box entry area limited on space to enter.

I can't fit all that I want to type/display in that box. Is there anyway to increase the size of this?

Thanks,
/Ieremiou

EDIT:
Seems to be a bug with playing MOD files and similar types. The %title pulls the filename instead. It's not pulling the title that is being displayed in Winamp.

RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Plastick on 01-20-2005 at 08:11 AM

quote:
quote:

Really, and the previous versions worked? Could you please post some information on the system you're using?

Was previously using v0.81 and it actually worked in automatically updating my nick. (Just that it doesnt supports those with ID3v2 tags...).
Am using v0.90 and it didnt for me in updating my nick. It DOES update my msn nick according what's written in the config nickname mask, but the variables part failed. Thus there's no artist-title as what I wanted, only appearing as ' Nick [ - ] '.

P4 1.6ghz
win2k pro - sp4
1,024 ram

MSN v6.2 (6.2.0137)
  Messenger Plus! 3.25.106
Winamp v2.80
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-20-2005 at 03:01 PM

Try winamp 5.08c...

i also have yet another idea/request:
- Custom away messages in your name, don't get displayed, maybe add something so that it does

RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by giken on 01-21-2005 at 08:02 AM

quote:
-Song2avatar is slight more complicated, maybe somewhere in the future.

Maybe you can asks for the source code to song2nick or wmp2 creators, if they don't plan to continue their plugins development I think they will share the code with you without problems :)
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by masterk on 01-21-2005 at 02:18 PM

very strange things happends...today when i were going to quicksend the filename and foldername to a friend all it send were (!XFILENAME) and (!XFOLDER)...

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by masterk on 01-21-2005 at 02:25 PM

noticed what was wrong...the plugin had automaticlly removed itself somehow...

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-24-2005 at 10:36 PM

Yet another another request :)

- Support streams/shoutcasts (Display the currents song and put between () shout)
- A tag to see what type of song it is (mp3, cd, stream, mp4, etc..)
- If support streams, a way to pass the url of the .pls

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 01-30-2005 at 06:54 PM

Is the change nickname now sync with winamp or does it only change nickname after x seconds.

Still have the feeling its not synced :|

Anyways hows the progress coming allong?

ps yes i know you have exames :)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by digita on 01-31-2005 at 07:43 PM

nice plugin, the only thing that should be changed is the lenght of the mask. Currently that's is set to 80. I already took care of it for myself but maybe there are more people, who want the field longer.

maybe it is a nice idea to release it in different languages

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 02-01-2005 at 03:56 PM

I have yet another idea (yes i'm full with it :) )
So let me first make a totall list.
Bold is new :)

Bugs:
- I managed to get: "Korn - Am I Going Crazy - %albAm I Going Crazyye" in my name

Ideas:
- Custom away messages in your name, don't get displayed, maybe add something so that it does
- Support streams/shoutcasts (Display the currents song and put between () shout)
- If support streams, a way to pass the url of the .pls (isn't fully working)
- A ignore "can't change nickname" feature
- A / command to give a contact all the info off the song
- A feature, if a song doesn't have the information you would get in your name, it doesn't get displayed @ all. It already does that, but let me explain. If a song doens't have (example) the year the song was made, it would display in my name "The artist here - The song here - The year here" output would be "The artist here - The song here -". Now the last - doesn't look right. Maybe add an tag to do this, that it wouldn't display the information, if it ain't there.
- Increase the inputfield
- A / command to give a contact your cue list (display) (ofcourse with a limit, imagine a cue list of 1000 songs :O )
- A Feature where you could share your contact the whole cue list or album. (sending the files)

RE: RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 02-05-2005 at 06:19 PM

quote:
I have yet another idea (yes i'm full with it :) )
So let me first make a totall list.
Bold is new :)

Bugs:
- I managed to get: "Korn - Am I Going Crazy - %albAm I Going Crazyye" in my name

Ideas:
- If support streams, a way to pass the url of the .pls (isn't fully working)
- A ignore "can't change nickname" feature
- A / command to give a contact all the info off the song
- A feature, if a song doesn't have the information you would get in your name, it doesn't get displayed @ all. It already does that, but let me explain. If a song doens't have (example) the year the song was made, it would display in my name "The artist here - The song here - The year here" output would be "The artist here - The song here -". Now the last - doesn't look right. Maybe add an tag to do this, that it wouldn't display the information, if it ain't there.
- Increase the inputfield
- A / command to give a contact your cue list (display) (ofcourse with a limit, imagine a cue list of 1000 songs :O )
- A Feature where you could share your contact the whole cue list or album. (sending the files)

Wow, I'm truly impressed. Now that my exams are over (and I was fairly successful) I'll probably be able to get to work on my plugin again. Thank you very much for your invaluable input! I love these lists, it's great to work with.
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 02-06-2005 at 03:15 PM

Somehow i keep crashing MSN on the same MP3's.

and its always the

and some more. And it only happens if a chat window is open. If only i could get a crashlog. It says it made one, but i don't see it in the crashlog program.

Can't also see a connection between the songs that work, and don't work in that album

my tag =

code:
Da Dude (8)(8)Now %status : %artist - %title - %album - %year (8)(8)

After *testing* msn 7 build 604, i though it would be a good addition to show the current song, in the private message (you know, the new feature under your nickname).

Since msn only support windows media player 10 ^o) (at the current situation)
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by swimmerboy6 on 02-23-2005 at 05:56 AM

wow just wanted to say that is one awesome plug-in u made Erik!! im usin msgplus , msn version 6.2and ur MPWinamp 0.90a plugin.. it doesnt crASH! its SO SWEEeeti was goin nuts with the song2nick plugin..ThaNx so much!! :)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by JamieC on 03-14-2005 at 01:06 PM

Hi All,

Hopefully someone might have experienced this before, and I have also noticed a couple of vague references to it in this thread.

I am running MsgPlus on Windows Messenger (rather than MSN Messenger). The plugin installs and does not return an error, however it is not actually changing my nickname! It is capable of controlling winamp with the appropriate commands however.

Is this a limitation in Messenger Plus that it cannot change a Windows Messenger nickaname? I've been seaching for a nick changer for ages and the only ones that seem to work fake an opening of the Options dialog and inject the text there.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

- Jamie

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by D@ffy on 03-15-2005 at 02:00 PM

Thanks for the good work! Pretty stable and it works well for me. ;)

Some problems I still have:
* My nickname is too long, it won't fit into the box. :( Can this easily be fixed?
* Update every x seconds: only when switching song would be better.
* When playing a Wave file or another format without id3 tag, he should just display the filename. Or there could be an option to enable this. :) Now you get " - ". Just a bar without artist/title, doens't look to nice.

I suppose they have been mentioned before, but since they haven't been fixed yet and this topic seems to have become pretty dead, I just put a reminder. ;)

Hope you'll be able to work further on it!

P.S Hope I have the latest version... 0.90a is the one I have.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 03-15-2005 at 03:13 PM

i think "ErikSchierboom" is waiting for Messenger Plus! 3.5

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 03-23-2005 at 07:50 PM

Sow.. how's the progress going on 0.9 final/1.0?

any mayor changes? lots of fixes? any eta?

(yes i'm anoying i know ;) )

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 03-29-2005 at 03:40 PM

Okay, first of all I need to apologize for my lack of posting. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on my plugin at all the last couple of weeks. This is due to a fairly busy school schedule but most of all due to my side job. I do hope to start working on the plugin anytime soon, I'll definitely let you know! Sorry again.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 03-29-2005 at 09:55 PM

No problem m8 ;)
school and work is a high priority ;)
but you need to check in from time to time, or else we might think your dead :P and we don't want that now do we :D

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 03-30-2005 at 06:31 PM

quote:
No problem m8 ;)
school and work is a high priority ;)
but you need to check in from time to time, or else we might think your dead :P and we don't want that now do we :D

I'll do that! :D
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Trevor Saller on 04-04-2005 at 03:47 AM

What a great plugin!

I'm always listening to music on my computer and i always find myself wanting to change my name to the song i'm listening to.  With this plugin, all i have to do is configure it to Trevor is listening to: %artist - "%title" and i've done just that.  It's infinitely useful for me.  I've even recommended it to friends that love to listen to music as much as i do!

So far i've found no flaws in the plugin and it works great.  I've had to coax a few of my less intelligent friends through the %artist and %title and all that, but they get the idea eventually. :P The only problem i've had thus far is that whenever the song in Winamp changes and MSN Messenger has to change my name, MSN Messenger freezes up for a moment while it changes it.  That may just be because i'm running on low memory, though, and none of my friends have complained about it.

Great job, and i highly recommend it to Winamp fans who want a simple and efficient way to bring their playlist to their display name. :)

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Klaymen on 04-05-2005 at 09:43 PM

I have a problem with the 0.90 version, if I don't have the Winamp opened when I sign in the messenger crashes.

RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 04-06-2005 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Saller
What a great plugin!

I'm always listening to music on my computer and i always find myself wanting to change my name to the song i'm listening to.  With this plugin, all i have to do is configure it to Trevor is listening to: %artist - "%title" and i've done just that.  It's infinitely useful for me.  I've even recommended it to friends that love to listen to music as much as i do!

So far i've found no flaws in the plugin and it works great.  I've had to coax a few of my less intelligent friends through the %artist and %title and all that, but they get the idea eventually. :P The only problem i've had thus far is that whenever the song in Winamp changes and MSN Messenger has to change my name, MSN Messenger freezes up for a moment while it changes it.  That may just be because i'm running on low memory, though, and none of my friends have complained about it.

Great job, and i highly recommend it to Winamp fans who want a simple and efficient way to bring their playlist to their display name. :)

Thank you very much for your compliments! You make me all enthusiastic to start working on my plugin again! Too bad that will be at least another two weeks. :(

quote:
Originally posted by Klaymen
I have a problem with the 0.90 version, if I don't have the Winamp opened when I sign in the messenger crashes.

I'll look into it as soon as I have time (which will probably be in two weeks or so :().
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by MilesPrower on 04-14-2005 at 07:58 PM

I have a problem that, as far as I can see, no one else has. I've got Messenger 7.0.0777, MSGPlus 3.52.130 and MPWinamp 0.90. It seems as some songs won't be accepted in my name. Some seems to long, one time it said that the name couldn't be accepted and one time my name was "UUUUUUUUUU". Does anyone know why and/or what I can do about it?

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 05-02-2005 at 12:57 PM

Are you still alive? :o

or if you are sleeping, then wake up and smell the competition :P

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Stranglem on 05-03-2005 at 10:06 AM

it isn't working for me.

Windows-versie: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger-versie: 7.0.0777
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.52.0130
Winamp : 2.95

When i press configuration and i fill in %title.
My nickname changes in %title. But it doesnt show the song im playing in Winamp.  I tried to restart everything but it didnt helped.

some help please:p

I tried Song2Nick, but that didnt worked either....:S:S:S

EDIT 1:
when i type: (!XARTIST)

It also doesnt show the Artist name in the msn window.
But when i type:  (!XWA) using the WMplus 2-pluginn. It shows the correct song. But not in the nick...

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 05-05-2005 at 01:17 AM

try winamp 5

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by ErikSchierboom on 05-05-2005 at 01:31 PM

Boohoo, I won't be able to work on my plugin for a while. School is being a complete b*tch and work is extremely busy. Terribly sorry.

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Da Dude on 06-04-2005 at 10:43 PM

any progres? free time?

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin by Knorr on 07-31-2005 at 08:18 PM

The plugin does some weird things, when some songs are played.

I geuss it can't deal with caracters, that can't be used in nicknames etc.

But couldn't you make an error handler?

It's quite annoying, when MSN shuts down, just because winamp changed to a song, that doesn't work with your script.

- Knorr