Shoutbox

personalized display picture of any contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: personalized display picture of any contact (/showthread.php?tid=33681)

personalized display picture of any contact by bungleMX on 10-26-2004 at 06:21 PM

sorry if this has been asked before,..
it is possible to make a plugin to have a personalized display picture of any of my contacts? so no matter if they change their DP I will always have a picture of them.

RE: personalized display picture of any contact by KeyStorm on 10-26-2004 at 06:24 PM

This hasn't been ever suggested, as far as I know, but I think it's a good suggestion. Those plugins that hook into Messenger like Stuffplug-NG could do that. (Y)

RE: personalized display picture of any contact by Millenium_edition on 10-26-2004 at 06:38 PM

It is possible. if you modify the packets sent/received with every contact.

At least I think.

RE: personalized display picture of any contact by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 06:45 PM

Do you need to modify anything like that? I mean, is it not possible to "just" put an overlay on the existing DP, so you don't need any fancy protocol handling proxy thingie?

Hmmm depends on which approach you'll take I guess.. both have advantages and disadvantages...

RE: personalized display picture of any contact by bungleMX on 10-26-2004 at 08:57 PM

good, I don't know nothing about programming, but this could be a good idea for a plugin or even for patchou to make it in plus3

RE: personalized display picture of any contact by CanadianOriginal on 10-27-2004 at 02:26 AM

I was thinking more of making Messenger read DP's locally, and having a setting per-contact that lets you decide whether to change it when they change, or to set it yourself and lock it.

At first glance, it looks like it might involve modifying the exe, but I think KeyStorm is right in saying that programs that hook into Messenger could do it, though I'm not entirely sure.

RE: personalized display picture of any contact by CookieRevised on 10-27-2004 at 05:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
I was thinking more of making Messenger read DP's locally, and having a setting per-contact that lets you decide whether to change it when they change, or to set it yourself and lock it.
This involves patching Messenger: stop the hash comparing of the local cached DP with the hash that is sent to you. And it also involves decrypting/editing/encrypting the DP hashlist (which nobody has succeeded yet (and people have been trying since Messenger used DP's => see MSNFanatic).
RE: personalized display picture of any contact by bungleMX on 10-28-2004 at 05:01 PM

so, it's not possible?