Shoutbox

comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... (/showthread.php?tid=33746)

comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Purity on 10-28-2004 at 12:13 AM

my computer wont play this DVD, and we just got the computer fixed, i have intervideo win DVD installed, but it wont work still, and my computer does play DVD's it has b 4

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by ddunk on 10-28-2004 at 12:19 AM

Are you sure the DVD's the right encoding for your DVD player? You can read details about it here

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Purity on 10-28-2004 at 04:33 AM

(hmm... i remember leo talking bout this...) well i dotn know wat kind of DVD player mine is, i use wintervideo win DVD....so wat do i do

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by CookieRevised on 10-28-2004 at 06:04 AM

Also, besides the region codes. The DVD that you're trying to play, is it a self written one? If so, your player might be able to play DVD+R's but the DVD is actually a DVD-R (or vice versa)...

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Purity on 10-29-2004 at 12:21 AM

its a bran new DVD from music store (slipknot-disasterpieces);)

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Hank on 10-29-2004 at 01:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noname22
my computer wont play this DVD, and we just got the computer fixed, i have intervideo win DVD installed, but it wont work still, and my computer does play DVD's it has b 4

use PowerDVD . i heard Problems with WinDVD
RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Purity on 10-29-2004 at 04:35 AM

well....WMP is suppose to dvds also but still doesnt read ne thing

RE: RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Hank on 10-29-2004 at 07:16 AM

quote:
well....WMP is suppose to dvds also but still doesnt read ne thing

Just download or Purchase PowerDVD . the question is, does any other DVD play in your DVD Player?
RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by user27089 on 10-29-2004 at 07:36 AM

DO you have the necessary drivers for you to run the dvd rom, or do  you have the right runtimes, I had this problem, try unintsalling windvd completely, then downloading the new one and installing it again, it installs the nexessary runtimes to play a dvd.

But maybe its just the dvd, it might not be english (pal) it might be american (ntsc), so it won't play.

RE: RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Hank on 10-29-2004 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
DO you have the necessary drivers for you to run the dvd rom, or do  you have the right runtimes, I had this problem, try unintsalling windvd completely, then downloading the new one and installing it again, it installs the nexessary runtimes to play a dvd.

But maybe its just the dvd, it might not be english (pal) it might be american (ntsc), so it won't play.

got another Comp you can try this DvDRom Drive in? 
RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by saralk on 10-29-2004 at 11:52 AM

quote:
its a bran new DVD from music store (slipknot-disasterpieces);)

probably a good job you cant play it :p

is the region code on your dvd player the same as the one on the dvd?
RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Raven89 on 10-29-2004 at 04:40 PM

Do you have the right codecs. My dad had this problem on his laptop and we downloaded the codec and it works.

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Purity on 10-29-2004 at 07:35 PM

all of ur suggestions arent working :'(

forgot to read the last 2 posts......i unno i dont know wat codec/drive/stuff and i dont know what kind of drive mine is, that way i could get a region hack if i knew wat drive it was, i think it was encoded in london

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by stephen_wq on 10-30-2004 at 07:58 AM

will the dvd drive play cds and other things ok or just no dvds?
if it wont play anything it might be a jumper prob....

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Purity on 11-03-2004 at 02:14 PM

k, would it work if i restarted the cpomputer and put it on safe mode, would i be able to access the folder?

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by CookieRevised on 11-06-2004 at 03:17 AM

quote:
the currupt file crashes the folder when it is shown so yeah
"When it shows"? What do you mean by that? If the folder is shown in your Windows Explorer? If so, then you can play/browse the DVD afterall?

If it crashes then simply don't show the folder :D But copy everything (except that file) on your HD and make another DVD.
RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by Purity on 11-06-2004 at 06:49 PM

it shows "Disasterpieces DVD" where it when it never reads it it says "DVD Drive (F:)"

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by ShawnZ on 11-07-2004 at 11:12 PM

do u have a decss app? u need one to decode purchased dvds. they usually come with dvd drive software. powerdvd has it...

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by CookieRevised on 11-07-2004 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
do u have a decss app? u need one to decode purchased dvds. they usually come with dvd drive software. powerdvd has it...
Hu?

quote:
it shows "Disasterpieces DVD" where it when it never reads it it says "DVD Drive (F"
erm. So now you're saying it sometimes can be read?
RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by ShawnZ on 11-07-2004 at 11:48 PM

cookie u dont know what a decss program is? im ashamed of u i thought you were all-knowing:banana:

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by CookieRevised on 11-08-2004 at 12:15 AM

Who said I don't know what DeCSS (=right spelling :p) is? What I meant with my unclear "hu?" was:

DeCSS is an illegal program to crack the (old) CSS copy protection used on some DVD's which aren't meant to be copied.

But the error that NoName is getting doesn't have anything todo with this as he can't even play the DVD (or so he said in his first posts).

The CSS copy protection doesn't prevent playing the DVD (it would then be kind of pointless to even make and sell the DVD).

PS: So, infact you're breaking forum rules for suggestion this (although it wouldn't do any good anyways)

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by ShawnZ on 11-08-2004 at 12:19 AM

i mean the legal decoders you purchase in dvd playing software. You cant play dvds on ur pc without powerdvd or simillar, otherwise wmp and other programs will say there is no dvd decoding device.

RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by CookieRevised on 11-08-2004 at 05:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
i mean the legal decoders you purchase in dvd playing software. You cant play dvds on ur pc without powerdvd or simillar, otherwise wmp and other programs will say there is no dvd decoding device.
Yes you can. All programs which support playing of DVD's can... erm... play DVD's :D (all you need are your normal DVD-drivers for your DVD device)

WMP doesn't depend on PowerDVD (or similar) to be installed, or vice versa. Also there is no decoding needed what-so-ever for CSS in the way you say because, as said, it is a copy protection, not a play protection.
RE: comp suppose to play DVD...not working:(... by ShawnZ on 11-09-2004 at 12:08 AM

kk maby it wasent decss but i am sure before NOTHING would play not on interactual or wmp, because it said it needed a video decoder, i installed power dvd and it worked. all other playback worked fine just couldent play dvds or dvd compressed files on my hd