Shoutbox

'Hook' instalation error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: 'Hook' instalation error (/showthread.php?tid=33747)

'Hook' instalation error by Unimatsuriku on 10-28-2004 at 01:17 AM

Hey, I'm having a problem installing Msgplus 3, during the instalation (files being put in their place) it comes up with an error. I can't remember the exact words but it's somthing along the lines of 'failed to install msgplus hook', it continues and finishes installing and although everything seems to be installed normaly when I opened MSN, msgplus 3 wasn't interfaced. I even opened the main EXE and that woulden't open bringing up the same error.

If anyone knows whats going wrong then I would be very greatfull for the help you can offer.

Msn version: 6.2
No previous install of Msgplus

RE: 'Hook' instalation error by matty on 10-28-2004 at 07:22 AM

In the path where you have Messenger Plus! (C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3 - by default) Do you have a file called MsgPlusH.dll?

If not unzip the attached file into that folder and try and restart your computer.

Does the error still come up? If not I will email Patchou a link to this thread and he can take a look at it.

RE: 'Hook' instalation error by Unimatsuriku on 10-28-2004 at 07:38 PM

Oh, I just reinstalled Msgplus 3 and it seems to be working fine now. Thank you for taking the time to reply anyway. I'm very greatful.