Shoutbox

Suggestion - Come Back Message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion - Come Back Message (/showthread.php?tid=33795)

Suggestion - Come Back Message by ThE_AnarchisT on 10-29-2004 at 10:57 AM

Hi all!

Just thought i would mention something which I would like to see implemented,and I dont think its been suggested any where else.
I realy like the option thats in plus at the moment to set a message to automaticaly send a message to someone when they come online, well i would like that very same feature but for when a person comes back from being away or busy etc.

RE: Suggestion - Come Back Message by .blade// on 10-29-2004 at 05:28 PM

This feature already exists. Go to the MSN Messenger contact window, right click a contact, go down to "Messenger Plus! Extras" and hit "Set Come-back message".
You should get a window similar to this:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=329906]

But it will only let you do it for when they sign in.
You can set a custom notification to tell you when someone returns from being away, on the phone, out to lunch, etc.

RE: Suggestion - Come Back Message by Tochjo on 10-29-2004 at 05:32 PM

No, what is requested is currently not possible yet. You cannot let the message be sent automatically when a contact changes his/her status.

RE: Suggestion - Come Back Message by .blade// on 10-29-2004 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
No, what is requested is currently not possible yet. You cannot let the message be sent automatically when a contact changes his/her status.

I know, but he also sugggested for going online so I posted that, then told him about the pop-up toasts that tell you when someone changes their status.
RE: Suggestion - Come Back Message by SlimShady on 10-30-2004 at 05:23 PM

I suggest you add the following options for the "Come Back Message" feature:
- Disable sending of the prefix Automessage
- Don't open a conversation window when sending the message

RE: Suggestion - Come Back Message by matty on 10-31-2004 at 01:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SlimShady
- Don't open a conversation window when sending the message
This has to be done. You can't send a message unless you are using some sort of proxy, which Messenger Plus! doesn't do.
RE: Suggestion - Come Back Message by eckocomplex on 10-31-2004 at 04:19 AM

You could still create the window invisibly, send the message then close the window. All can be done invisibly and without a proxy ;).

RE: Suggestion - Come Back Message by Patchou on 10-31-2004 at 05:46 AM

Nope, that would be too risky and buggy... Messenger is actually very well protected against outside programs trying to send messages automatically (from the UI, not the protocol). And I find it personaly more useful to see the window opening, that way, you know you sent a message to your contact and you can expect an answer (or send an explanation such as "wops, I wrote than a month ago, just don't worry about it").