Shoutbox

New feature: Automatic resign in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: New feature: Automatic resign in (/showthread.php?tid=33804)

New feature: Automatic resign in by StickyPoundeZ on 10-29-2004 at 02:56 PM

Hey,

I usually let my msn online/away when I am going to school. At school, I can use MSN Webmessenger. Everything fine until now. But when I stop at school, I am totally offline everywhere. At homo there is a screen, would you like to resign in? This brought me to the following idea.

Make a function in Messenger Plus! which activates itself when you go offline, because you sign in at another location. Plus! should check with an online blockchecker, if I'm online, and I will be. But If Plus! checks that every 5 minutes, and it's sees that I'm offline, it should resign me in again @ home. So, I will be online, the whole day (H)

Maybe it's a sophisticated future, but it would be very nice. (A blockchecker is a feature which could be implanted anyway in Plus!)

Greetz,

StickyPoundeZ

RE: New feature: Automatic resign in by Eljay on 10-29-2004 at 03:02 PM

it would be a nice feature but no block checker is 100% accurate so it probably wouldnt work

RE: New feature: Automatic resign in by StickyPoundeZ on 10-29-2004 at 03:13 PM

But if you allow all people to see your status... all blockcheckers can see that you are online... I have nothing to hide, everybody get's a first, or second chance to do normal, so i don't have to block unknown people...

RE: New feature: Automatic resign in by Concord Dawn on 10-29-2004 at 03:33 PM

It would work if Plus! added your e-mail to the "People who can see my status and send me messages list". This is a really cool feature. Sort of like the ghost command on IRC. It would be cool if you could set Plus! to ALWAYS resign you in if you don't click the sign out button or the exit button.

RE: New feature: Automatic resign in by Millenium_edition on 10-29-2004 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by StickyPoundeZ
Hey,

I usually let my msn online/away when I am going to school. At school, I can use MSN Webmessenger. Everything fine until now. But when I stop at school, I am totally offline everywhere. At homo there is a screen, would you like to resign in? This brought me to the following idea.

Make a function in Messenger Plus! which activates itself when you go offline, because you sign in at another location. Plus! should check with an online blockchecker, if I'm online, and I will be. But If Plus! checks that every 5 minutes, and it's sees that I'm offline, it should resign me in again @ home. So, I will be online, the whole day (H)

Maybe it's a sophisticated future, but it would be very nice. (A blockchecker is a feature which could be implanted anyway in Plus!)

Greetz,

StickyPoundeZ

Actually, I think it's very easy to do using a plugin.
If nobody uses your computer.
RE: New feature: Automatic resign in by StickyPoundeZ on 10-29-2004 at 03:52 PM

Yeah, it's clear that nobody should use my pc. But if it's very easy to do... why don't you do it :P