Shoutbox

Feature Request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=33830)

Feature Request by bstdnator on 10-30-2004 at 03:58 AM

Hi all, i love what Msg + does to messenger its great :D
just a little thing that you might be able to help me with though,
if there a plugin (or if not i'd like to request one) or maybe this would need a new version.

anyways, the idea goes as follows. could you make msn switch to a second monitor when a app runs fullscreen, but leave the MSN Messenger icon in the taskbar.

for example,
I start playing my fav game and then on my 2nd monitor msn docks itself to the side of the screen and all chat windows open here thus allowing me to alt+tab to them without reverting to windowed mode in my game before i can alt + tab to the messages.

I've had my tv linked to the pc as a 2nd monitor for ages now and so far all it gets used for is fullscreen films or winamp visualisations, its about as productive as a glass hammer. so if anyone has any good uses for a 2nd monitor, please inform me, cos mine is mostly left turned off.

RE: Feature Request by Choli on 10-31-2004 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bstdnator
anyways, the idea goes as follows. could you make msn switch to a second monitor when a app runs fullscreen, but leave the MSN Messenger icon in the taskbar.
can't you move the messenger window to the second monitor before you start the game? I think that's the easiest sollution

RE: Feature Request by bstdnator on 11-01-2004 at 03:04 AM

no sadly as the game re-sizes the desktop on the primary monitor, and makes it extend 1/2 way over the 2nd one. (cos the desktop res is 1280x860 and the game uses 1024x678). would be nice to auto-dock it

RE: Feature Request by RaceProUK on 11-01-2004 at 01:37 PM

This wouldn't be possible anyway, as any fullscreen app switches to windowed mode when you switch focus to another window. 'Tis a limitation of Windows.

RE: Feature Request by bstdnator on 11-01-2004 at 11:09 PM

ahh okie :p well tnx for a definitive answer