Shoutbox

Presidential Election - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Presidential Election (/showthread.php?tid=33843)

Presidential Election by ZrednaZ on 10-30-2004 at 11:49 AM

Hiya!
I was just wondering how the people of this forum are going to vote for the election 2004, so I decided to start this thread. For those of you who either aren't US citizens or haven't reached the minimum required voting age, simply state who you would have voted for had you been able to. :)

As for me, I'd would vote for Kerry if I were old enough. Here in Denmark there have also been polls concerning the US presidential election... turns out that 73 % of the Danish population would vote for Kerry if they were able to (11 % for Bush), lol. :P

RE: Presidential Election by x2zen on 10-30-2004 at 12:15 PM

John Kerry, all the way!

But I live in Denmark.

Vote For Change, and Vote Or Die :P

RE: Presidential Election by .Roy on 10-30-2004 at 01:21 PM

.. i dont really care.. Bush did a good job.. He didnt do anything wrong.. No other presidents were brought up with 9/11 or anyway wars..
Bush.. For me

RE: RE: Presidential Election by Hank on 10-30-2004 at 01:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
John Kerry, all the way!

But I live in Denmark.

Vote For Change, and Vote Or Die :P

im not american, but if i were i'd Vote Bush, an no im not a supporter of this Iraq war either, but someone had to bring Saddam Down, Kerry is all talk , look at How he Got Clinton involved to help him win The Presidential seat, How Lame is that!! an im not in favor of Gay marriages either, so Bush also would get my Vote,
RE: Presidential Election by FrozernFire on 10-30-2004 at 01:43 PM

but somehow, you have to accept that they made a mistake in the intelligence about WMD in iraq. now that there's no WMD, it's also against international law. go kerry!

RE: RE: Presidential Election by ZrednaZ on 10-30-2004 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
.. i dont really care.. Bush did a good job.. He didnt do anything wrong.. No other presidents were brought up with 9/11 or anyway wars..
Bush.. For me

Well, for starters he brought the country into a huge deficit and lost plenty o' jobs... ;)

I don't think you can view the way Bush handled 9/11 as a plus to his case.. I'm pretty sure any other president would have handled it fine "as well".
RE: Presidential Election by saralk on 10-30-2004 at 02:36 PM

I dont think he handled 9/11 that well, and he was realy dodgy with his press releases, for example during the 9/11 attack, he was at some primary school on state TV.
And then after, when the press were talking to him and he was asked about what happened he said that he had seen what happened and it will be dealt with, however the videos had only been found while he was with the infants, so he must have had some secret camera and seen it before he came in, in which case he must have known where they were going to attack, since he would be risking the infant's lives be beeing there.

:dodgy:

Thats just my opinion (well the opinion of "new pearl harbour"s author)

RE: Presidential Election by tony on 10-30-2004 at 03:51 PM

vote kerry!

RE: Presidential Election by Joe on 10-30-2004 at 04:39 PM

I think Nader should be added as a choice, because neither of those candidates are worth my vote

RE: Presidential Election by .blade// on 10-30-2004 at 04:56 PM

If I lived in the US and was legal voting age I think I would vote for Kerry as the least dangerous/retarded choice :refuck: :banana: ;)

RE: Presidential Election by Dane on 10-30-2004 at 05:00 PM

Kerry all the way.  I think bush should die, he did a HORRIBLE job running our country and i've been ashamed to be an american with him as president.

RE: Presidential Election by Osiris on 10-30-2004 at 05:14 PM

really i dont want to vote for either, i dont think either is a good choice. but if i did live in america i would vote for kerry as the better of two evils - bush just irritates me - and did alot of things wrong and tbh hes just stupid

RE: RE: Presidential Election by ZrednaZ on 10-30-2004 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe
I think Nader should be added as a choice, because neither of those candidates are worth my vote

Done.

quote:
Originally posted by Osiris
really i dont want to vote for either, i dont think either is a good choice. but if i did live in america i would vote for kerry as the better of two evils - bush just irritates me - and did alot of things wrong and tbh hes just stupid

Yeah, a system where there's only two or three parties to choose between can't possibly satisfy everyone.. there ought to be more :^)
RE: Presidential Election by Osiris on 10-30-2004 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
there ought to be more

thats the problem with the system you need so much money to be able to contend. - to enter it in the first place and then to fund a campaign

RE: Presidential Election by WDZ on 10-30-2004 at 07:20 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=330349]

RE: Presidential Election by Millenium_edition on 10-30-2004 at 08:10 PM

I agree with WDZ.

RE: Presidential Election by marissa on 10-30-2004 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
Bush.. For me

According to Farenheit 9/11 he wasnt even suppose to win.  And on that little, walk-to-the-white-house thing he couldnt even get out of the limo to actually walk, so they had to drive there or he'd get splatterd with eggs and shit...anyways, if i was 18 or older and american id vote for Kerry.
RE: Presidential Election by emit on 10-30-2004 at 08:34 PM

Pffft. As an international viewer of American politics and how it affects the world as a whole, Bush needs to go.

RE: Presidential Election by bach_m on 10-30-2004 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
anyways, if i was 18 or older and american id vote for Kerry.

the thing is, most ppl here are either not american or yournger than 18 (WDZ can vote. who else?) so the results of this post are largly useless (sry)
quote:
According to Farenheit 9/11
While i in no way support bush(althoug it doesn't matter), Farenheit 9/11 is propaganda, plain and simple. and Moore is good at it.  U kno that Breif History of the USA, shown right after the interview with SouthPark creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker? i bet you think they made that for him, right? i mean, it WAS their style.
quote:
Originally posted by From the Connan interview

Matt: “It wasn’t so much a falling out. He asked me to do the interview for Bowling for Columbine because I grew up in Littleton, Colorado. So I thought, okay, I’ll talk about growing up in Littleton, Colorado. What he did that made us a little angry is he put an animation in right after my piece in Bowling in Columbine that is very South Park-esque in its look. And I think 99% of the people who saw Bowling for Columbine think Trey and I did that animation.” [i]More on that at SkeetSkeetSkeet
pretty sneaky, huh?
quote:
According to Farenheit 9/11 he wasnt even suppose to win

While true (Gore had more votes than bush), it doesn't much matter because thats how the american system works with the Electoral COllege. FLorida gets 25 Votes, and since bush won florida (which is what was debated), he won. granted, his father did appoint the supreme court judges, and the florida government is largely appointed by his brother, but whatever.

one more thing: Its rather sad (not meaning to pick on u specifically marissa) that many people do not bother to read the actual news, but pay lots of attention to hte HIGHLY spun left-wing views.
RE: RE: Presidential Election by Grue on 10-30-2004 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
While true (Gore had more votes than bush), it doesn't much matter because thats how the american system works with the Electoral COllege. FLorida gets 25 Votes, and since bush won florida (which is what was debated), he won. granted, his father did appoint the supreme court judges, and the florida government is largely appointed by his brother, but whatever.

Florida voting machine

If i was old enough i think i would vote for bush even though neither him nor kerry is a good choice IMO. I just could not see kerry running this country. Afterall bush hasn't done half as bad of a job as pres as most people think he has.

RE: Presidential Election by WDZ on 10-31-2004 at 03:34 AM

quote:
the thing is, most ppl here are either not american or yournger than 18 (WDZ can vote. who else?)
Yeah, I could vote if I wanted to, but even after watching all the debates (ok, I fell asleep during the first one :refuck:) I can't decide who to vote for. Neither candidate is a good choice, IMO. Like the image I posted above says: whoever wins, we lose.

quote:
While i in no way support bush(althoug it doesn't matter), Farenheit 9/11 is propaganda, plain and simple. and Moore is good at it.
Yeah, I agree. That movie is a crockumentary. :p
RE: Presidential Election by Weyzza on 10-31-2004 at 06:22 AM

Yeah, neither candidate is good, but I don't think Kerry can run this country. One can notice that by simply hearing his two-sided stand.

RE: Presidential Election by Pipish on 10-31-2004 at 09:35 AM

Kerry all the way i hate bush the worl is better off without him president

RE: Presidential Election by MessEnGer on 10-31-2004 at 11:18 AM

I"m not american either but yeah if i had to

i would vote for Kerry

RE: Presidential Election by CookieRevised on 10-31-2004 at 09:32 PM

It is very striking, but logic, that most non-US people would vote for Kerry. And that says a lot about Bush!

Why logic? As an outsider you will actual see what is going on in the world (eg: Iraq). It is sad to say, but most Americans don't see the things we (outsiders) see and thus don't see the things that Bush screws up in a international way. It is sad to bring it up, but most US people don't see/know that Americans die every day by numbers in Iraq. This isn't propaganda, but pure facts as shown on almost every big newschannel in almost every country outside the US. The same goes for the 9/11 issues, etc...

On an international level, Bush has to go, plain and simple.

But, Kerry? Well, people are right in saying that he's all words and no doings. Of course no doings, he hasn't been president yet. The only thing he could do is voting on laws and stuff. He has yet to proof himself. Now, the things I hear about him (on the news, etc.) aren't all good either though, but way better then Bush's.....

Demandred, as for Kerry having president Clinton behind him. What's wrong with that???? Almost every (if not all, Bush including) president candidates have previous presidents backing them up.

RE: Presidential Election by Pr0xY on 11-01-2004 at 02:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
Well, for starters he brought the country into a huge deficit and lost plenty o' jobs...;)
what the hell?  America was already in deficit and lossing jobs WAY before bush came into office.  America started lossing jobs alot right around when bust got into office, and since its impossible for any of his policies to have that quick of an effect on the country, that is not a good reason at all to vote against Bush

quote:
While i in no way support bush(althoug it doesn't matter), Farenheit 9/11 is propaganda, plain and simple. and Moore is good at it.  U kno that Breif History of the USA, shown right after the interview with SouthPark creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker? i bet you think they made that for him, right? i mean, it WAS their style.
I agree...

Well I have researched all the canidates and I have decided to vote Bush.  I'm not really in favor of killing babies and I do think he has handled the situations that have pressed our country pretty good. 

RE: Presidential Election by Joe on 11-01-2004 at 02:40 AM

A vote for kerry is a vote for ABORTION

A vote for kerry is a vote for EMBRYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH

A vote for kerry is a vote for SAME SEX MARRIAGES

A vote for kerry is a vote for EUTHANASIA

I'm not exactly for Bush, but Nader's chances are slim to none

RE: Presidential Election by ddunk on 11-01-2004 at 02:53 AM

Why Kerry is going to win: For the last 16 presidential elections, the  Washington D.C. Redskins (NFL Team) have played the week before the polls opened. If the 'Skins win, the president wins, if they lose, the opposing party wins. The 'Skins lost today. This has been true for the last 16 elections.

On a more serious note,

quote:
Fine with me.

quote:
Fine with me, give me one decent and non religious reason.

quote:
Fine with me too.

(I'd reply on the abortion topic but I don't want to start a huge argument similar to the one we had on IRC, and I'd recommend none of you start about it either.)
RE: Presidential Election by Joe on 11-01-2004 at 02:57 AM

Embryonic Stem Cell Research is practically the same as Abortion, creating life then destroying it.. plus it has brought about no success as of yet because the stem cells in embryos are so diverse

RE: RE: Presidential Election by FrozernFire on 11-01-2004 at 03:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Why Kerry is going to win: For the last 16 presidential elections, the  Washington D.C. Redskins (NFL Team) have played the week before the polls opened. If the 'Skins win, the president wins, if they lose, the opposing party wins. The 'Skins lost today. This has been true for the last 16 elections.

very interesting... but i have a feeling that bush is going to win anyway >.<"

RE: RE: Presidential Election by Grue on 11-01-2004 at 03:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It is very striking, but logic, that most non-US people would vote for Kerry. And that says a lot about Bush!

Why logic? As an outsider you will actual see what is going on in the world (eg: Iraq). It is sad to say, but most Americans don't see the things we (outsiders) see and thus don't see the things that Bush screws up in a international way. It is sad to bring it up, but most US people don't see/know that Americans die every day by numbers in Iraq. This isn't propaganda, but pure facts as shown on almost every big newschannel in almost every country outside the US. The same goes for the 9/11 issues, etc...

On an international level, Bush has to go, plain and simple.

You think that the Americans don't know about what is going on in Iraq and with what happened on 9/11?? We see it on the news everyday, I’m sure just like you do except more. And we are in a war; of course people are going to die. An average of around 1.8 Americans die each day in Iraq. They do not "die every day by numbers"! We also saw almost too much news about 9/11. Every single day for about 3 months after there was something related to 9/11 (cleanup, who’s responsible, any leads) on the news. I hope you don't really think that we know nothing about international affairs, the war in Iraq, and 9/11.

Also I think that one reason people outside of the US think bush needs to go is because they saw Fahrenheit 9/11 which is most definitely propaganda and they actually believe the things in which Michael Moore portrayed.

The point is that the Americans know better then anyone who is best to lead this country.  The polls show that it is going to be VERY close election.

RE: Presidential Election by CookieRevised on 11-01-2004 at 10:00 AM

I so hate one liners.... anyways, quotes by atownjoe:

So pregnant raped girls have no right in doing abortions in America? So they do it in a bad, uncontrolled, illegal way or have to spend heaps of money to go to another country?

That research has resulted already in many cures for eg: cancers, etc. And "embryonic stem cell research" does not mean killing babies (of a few weeks/months old).

Nothing wrong in that IMHO.

Which is again a good thing. Or should people suffer in great pain and agony till the end of their lifes? Or should doctors/family perform euthanasia (cause it will still happen) in an illegal and uncontroled way?

quote:
Originally posted by Grue
You think that the Americans don't know about what is going on in Iraq and with what happened on 9/11?
Not _all_ Americans, no. But I've seen many docus on international TV/Newspapers/etc. which proofs it nicely though (surveys, archiving news, comparing news messages, etc...). Yes, of course people know they are in war, but that doesn't nessecerally mean that they all know what exactly is going on. Again, I'm not speaking about _all_ Americans of course.

quote:
I hope you don't really think that we know nothing about international affairs, the war in Iraq, and 9/11.
Of course not, that wasn't what I meant. What I meant was that a very vast majority of Americans don't know _exactly_ what is going on. They see the war-pics on TV, tanks rolling by, some pics of protesting people maybe, some shooting, ... but they don't see the bodies of the soldiers who die each day (and not only American soldiers).

On same issue, how many people know that there is also a third candidate for president: Ralph Nader? (Although he would never win with 1% of the votes, lol, but still)

quote:
Also I think that one reason people outside of the US think bush needs to go is because they saw Fahrenheit 9/11 which is most definitely propaganda and they actually believe the things in which Michael Moore portrayed.
Not at all, I can assure you that F9/11 is known as pure propaganda by most people in Europe. It even was almost advertised as just that.

quote:
The point is that the Americans know better then anyone who is best to lead this country.
True... but America isn't a country in its own island. If there is one country that makes the world "go around", it is America. The world may not care or know who is being voted for president in Guatamala (so to speak). but the world sure does care who is being voted president in America though. America IS the biggest worldpower. This even means that internal affairs in America are also the affairs of the world.

quote:
The polls show that it is going to be VERY close election.
yeah....
RE: Presidential Election by Hank on 11-01-2004 at 12:17 PM

DuckMan 4 President i reckon

RE: Presidential Election by Fraisie on 11-01-2004 at 03:29 PM

It's sad to put it this way atownjoe, but a vote for Kerry is a vote for 2004's realities.

He would get my vote. I'm not much of a republican :\

RE: Presidential Election by Patchou on 11-01-2004 at 04:02 PM

I have no problem seeing you discuss about politicis here, I just want to remember to everyone to have a real discussion and to not judge anybody becaue he's voting for a rabit or a pinguin. Thank you :)

RE: Presidential Election by Sunshine on 11-01-2004 at 04:14 PM

After reading this whole thread....including the points Kerry stands for, i would vote Kerry... i can't imagine a country without those rights really...makes me glad i aint american.

Now let's hope he stands behind his election promisses once elected..all too often they turn round like a leaf in the wind once they got the power...

RE: Presidential Election by Fraisie on 11-01-2004 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I have no problem seeing you discuss about politicis here, I just want to remember to everyone to have a real discussion and to not judge anybody becaue he's voting for a rabit or a pinguin. Thank you :)

A rabit !! I'd vote for a rabbit ! oh... no better, I'd vote for a mouse ! I'd vote for Mickey Mouse !
RE: RE: Presidential Election by Sunshine on 11-01-2004 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
A rabit !! I'd vote for a rabbit ! oh... no better, I'd vote for a mouse ! I'd vote for Mickey Mouse !

Lol Fraisie, would that be the Mickey Mouse in Disneyworld Florida or the one in Disneyworld Paris?
RE: Presidential Election by user27089 on 11-01-2004 at 05:49 PM

I really wouldn't vote for John Kerry, he seems really up himself because he thinks that he's correct all the time and that he has three purple hearts(rofl), IMO, George Bush has done a good job, as said earlier, no other presidents for a while have had to go through all the trouble that he has in the past 4 years. He's gone through so many problems like 9/11, Iraq, Saddam Hussein and the Alquaeda! He's handled it amazingly well, people put him down to much, and its just harsh, maybe he isn't the smartest guy in the world, but i'd like to see some of you to try and control a lot of stuff without firing a nuke at all.

RE: Presidential Election by TGG on 11-01-2004 at 05:54 PM

In america, when a certain baseball team plays a game before the elections, if that team wins then the current president wins the election, and if the baseball team loses then the opposing candidat wins. Last time i heard, that team was losing... :P

RE: Presidential Election by Fraisie on 11-01-2004 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TGG
In america, when a certain baseball team plays a game before the elections, if that team wins then the current president wins the election, and if the baseball team loses then the opposing candidat wins. Last time i heard, that team was losing... :P

The Red Sox ? :\

RE: Presidential Election by TGG on 11-01-2004 at 06:39 PM

i'm not sure who it was :undecided:

RE: Presidential Election by Fraisie on 11-01-2004 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TGG
i'm not sure who it was :undecided:

Well, Kerry being from Massachussets, and the Red Sox being the team from Boston Massachussets, does that mean Kerry will win, since the Red Sox won ? :P
RE: Presidential Election by Weyzza on 11-01-2004 at 06:55 PM

TGG, did you mean a football team?

If so, it's Washington D.C. Redskins.

This is on the very same thread.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=33...d=331064#pid331064

RE: Presidential Election by Pr0xY on 11-01-2004 at 07:19 PM

quote:
So pregnant raped girls have no right in doing abortions in America?
So they do it in a bad, uncontrolled, illegal way or have to spend heaps of money to go to another country?
Well I'm not for abortion either but that is the one arguement that I do agree with.  If there can be solution to that problem and still have abortions be illegal, I'd be happy.  I'm more against late term abortions, like when the baby is about 4 months or older. 

quote:
Of course not, that wasn't what I meant. What I meant was that a very vast majority of Americans don't know _exactly_ what is going on. They see the war-pics on TV, tanks rolling by, some pics of protesting people maybe, some shooting, ... but they don't see the bodies of the soldiers who die each day (and not only American soldiers).
Yeah it is sad that most americans don't know what is going on in Iraq.  I know alot about what is going on in there, since my cousin is stationed in Iraq right now and I talk with him twice a week.  From what he tells me there is alot of good going on in there, sadly the news stations wont show it, they are only bent on showing the bad stuff, like death, bombings, ext...

RE: RE: Presidential Election by ZrednaZ on 11-01-2004 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I really wouldn't vote for John Kerry, he seems really up himself because he thinks that he's correct all the time and that he has three purple hearts(rofl), IMO, George Bush has done a good job, as said earlier, no other presidents for a while have had to go through all the trouble that he has in the past 4 years. He's gone through so many problems like 9/11, Iraq, Saddam Hussein and the Alquaeda! He's handled it amazingly well, people put him down to much, and its just harsh, maybe he isn't the smartest guy in the world, but i'd like to see some of you to try and control a lot of stuff without firing a nuke at all.

You're right on the 9/11 part, no doubt that's an dissatisfying way of starting off your presidency.  However wouldn't you agree that the whole Iraq and Saddam Hussein thing was in a sense self inflicted by Bush? I don't see what Saddam Hussein had to do with anything. I just think Bush needed someone - anyone - to point his finger at, and apparently Iraq became the target. Maybe this will help back up my statement: Schoolyard Politics

//Zred
RE: Presidential Election by bach_m on 11-01-2004 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TGG

In america, when a certain baseball team plays a game before the elections, if that team wins then the current president wins the election, and if the baseball team loses then the opposing candidat wins. Last time i heard, that team was losing...

U meant the Redskins (american football team). and they lost, so the challenger (Kerry) will wine, so they say.

1 more thing about the sports teams: Everytime a the Red Sox have won the World series in an election year, Wodrow Wilson has won the election. So my prediction: Wodrow wilson in a landslide
RE: Presidential Election by Jhrono on 11-01-2004 at 08:45 PM

BUSH!!!i won't discuss this matter...if anyone remembers my "what's the meaning of the world" thread(oh man that one did hurt :D) knows that i'm 99% pro Bush/America...Oh and 1% Santana(the democrat in power)/Portugal:D

RE: Presidential Election by weeeee on 11-01-2004 at 10:25 PM

Sorry there are things that i don't understand, "george bush had done a good job" . I ask: where is this good job?

He had invaded afganistan because he said that he would capture Bin Laden, but he didn't find him, in fact we now know that he had bussines with the familiy Bin laden and this lokks a little suspicious.

He had invaded Irak because he said that irak and Sadam Husein had massive weapons, but nobody found this massive weapons, we only now that the US has the majority of the massive weapons.

The situation in Middle East is worst than in the last decades

The jobs in the US are  decreasing, the money for the education has been cut

The civil liberties has been cut.

For me this is enough for no vote bush, kerry is at the moment the only option for a safer world, for a world without the worst terrorist (bush)

RE: Presidential Election by Weyzza on 11-01-2004 at 10:50 PM

I don't think that war(s) becomes a valid argument to show who the better candidate is, knowing that Kerry was actually supporting the war itself :-/

I know the fact that Kerry voted yes on going to the war.
But I forgot when I read it and now I'm too lazy to search for it :p

It is very normal that he opposes the war, because he wants to be the president. He (and his party) will do anything to win the election.

So... let's just stop talking about war :)

That's why I don't like Kerry who keeps changing his mind. Moreover, his stands are not clear. For instance, he is said to be supporting gay marriage, but in the last presidential debate, he said that marriage was between man and woman. I laughed when I was watching the debate tbh.

Another example... Kerry is said to be religious, yet he supports abortion.

Well, I'm sorry I have never yelled with this phrase before, but wtf?!
A less strict guy would never be able to lead a country like the U.S. 8-)

RE: Presidential Election by bach_m on 11-01-2004 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by weeeee

The situation in Middle East is worst than in the last decades

Actually, the Palestinian uprising started before the 2000 election, and so you can't blame him for that, at all
quote:
He had invaded Irak because he said that irak and Sadam Husein had massive weapons, but nobody found this massive weapons, we only now that the US has the majority of the massive weapons.

It strikes me as wierd when people think Iraq had WMD. They were at war, and when, of all times, would you use such a thing? Is it like the fine china? "SAddaam, Do you think we should use the weapons? the Americans are coming." "I don't know, don't you think its a little too fancy for them?" 8-)

I think Bush lucked out that IRAQ had no weapons, since if they had they would have used him, and he would have had to deal with a second attack on american soil during his presidency, and this one would be directly caused by his invasion

quote:
for a world without the worst terrorist (bush)
Say what you want about bush, but hes not a terrorist.

While it may seem that i have had more waffles than a house of pancakes during my posts, understand that while i DO was Kerry to win, i also want the truth, rather than some right OR left spun propaganda.
RE: Presidential Election by Omar on 11-02-2004 at 01:59 AM

Well...

I sent my absentee ballot to the Elections Division of the Office of the Secretary of State of Texas, about 2 weeks ago...

And I cast my vote for Kerry....I know is not going to count since Texas is Bush County.... but meh....i had to vote... :P

RE: Presidential Election by FrozernFire on 11-02-2004 at 02:08 AM

only an alien will see this situation as it is, with no biasness. and it's nov 2nd now! though im in GMT +8 and it's er... still nov 1 in america

RE: Presidential Election by Moo on 11-02-2004 at 02:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
only an alien will see this situation as it is, with no biasness. and it's nov 2nd now! though im in GMT +8 and it's er... still nov 1 in america
Your point being?
RE: RE: Presidential Election by CookieRevised on 11-02-2004 at 02:13 AM

quote:
He had invaded afganistan because he said that he would capture Bin Laden, but he didn't find him, in fact we now know that he had bussines with the familiy Bin laden and this lokks a little suspicious.
Bussines with the Bin Laden's? That's propaganda. Watching too much F 9/11...

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
I don't think that war(s) becomes a valid argument to show who the better candidate is, knowing that Kerry was actually supporting the war itself :-/

I know the fact that Kerry voted yes on going to the war.
But I forgot when I read it and now I'm too lazy to search for it :p
There is a difference. Yes he voted "yes". But he also voted to follow the diplomatic channels first!!!! That is a major difference then what Bush did! Bush bluntly ignore international politics and simply went to war...

This has nothing todo with "turning in the wind" of Kerry.
This has everything todo with people only remembering short oneliners without putting things in context...

quote:
It is very normal that he opposes the war, because he wants to be the president.
He opposes the war in the way it has begon and is executed

quote:
He (and his party) will do anything to win the election.
All parties do everything to win the election, Bush including....

quote:
That's why I don't like Kerry who keeps changing his mind.
Like I said, Kerry does not turn his mind as Bush let you believe. Take away the context of the things that Bush did, and he "turns in the wind" as much as Kerry does.

quote:
Moreover, his stands are not clear. For instance, he is said to be supporting gay marriage, but in the last presidential debate, he said that marriage was between man and woman.
Again, context.... Marriage is normally as we know it indeed between man and woman. They can marry before the church. Gay marriages can't be married before church only before the law.

quote:
Another example... Kerry is said to be religious, yet he supports abortion.
So? Abortion had very little (if not nothing) to do with religion. True, some hard believing people think of it as "killing a human life", but read up in this thread to know why it isn't that. I know for more relegious people who support abortion then that I know people who don't. Or are you saying that all those people aren't religious at all?

Like I said previously, if you were a raped girl, I think you would be glad that abortion would be legal.

Don't think that if abortion gets legal, that everybody can go to the doctor and simply say: I want my 8 month old baby removed. Abortion doesn't work that way! There are strict rules to follow, even if it is legalised....

quote:
It strikes me as wierd when people think Iraq had WMD.
This was the exact reason why Bush wanted to go to war costing what it costs, ignoring international guidelines
RE: Presidential Election by Moo on 11-02-2004 at 02:16 AM

quote:
Abortion doesn't work that way! There are strict rules to follow, even if it is legalised....
What would those be?

RE: Presidential Election by CookieRevised on 11-02-2004 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guillaume
quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
Your point being?
That people are too much biased to see the whole picture (but that is exactly what voting on your favorite is about of course)

quote:
quote:
Abortion doesn't work that way! There are strict rules to follow, even if it is legalised....
What would those be?
ask your doctor...
(and look into the law of European countries)

It isn't black or white. Black being illegal, and white being, "Oh, hell, let's all do abortions for the fun of it"

RE: Presidential Election by Moo on 11-02-2004 at 02:25 AM

quote:

quote:
quote:
What would those be?
ask your doctor...
(and look into the law of European countries)

It isn't black or white. Black being illegal, and white being, "Oh, hell, let's all do abortions for the fun of it"
When did race come in this subject?

Anyhoo...

* Moo is off to bed...

Don't expect a reply from me tonight.
RE: Presidential Election by Omar on 11-02-2004 at 02:38 AM

cookie didnt say anything about race.... :mipdodgy:

He means like right or wrong....

RE: Presidential Election by Pyroteq on 11-02-2004 at 06:58 AM

Vote Kerry! Save P2P i dont even live in america lol i live in australia so i have no idea about the other guys except i know kerry saves p2p and bush likes war.

RE: Presidential Election by Weyzza on 11-02-2004 at 07:10 AM

quote:
There is a difference. Yes he voted "yes". But he also voted to follow the diplomatic channels first!!!! That is a major difference then what Bush did! Bush bluntly ignores international politics and simply went to war...

He opposes the war in the way it has begun and is executed

Are you sure, Cookie?
In an interview in ABC, on February 22, 1998, way before the 9/11, Kerry said, "I am way ahead of the commander in chief, and I'm probably way ahead of my colleagues and certainly of much of the country. But I believe this. I believe that he has used these weapons before. He has invaded another country. He views himself as a modern-day Nebuchadnezzar. He wants to continue to play the uniting critical role in that part of the world. And I think we have to stand up to that."
Can you explain this for me?

quote:
Again, context.... Marriage is normally as we know it indeed between man and woman. They can marry before the church. Gay marriages can't be married before church only before the law.
I don’t get this part. I think this has nothing to do with church whatsoever. It is about ethics.

quote:
Like I said previously, if you were a raped girl, I think you would be glad that abortion would be legal.

Don't think that if abortion gets legal, that everybody can go to the doctor and simply say: I want my 8 month old baby removed. Abortion doesn't work that way! There are strict rules to follow, even if it is legalised....
Lol
This is exactly the ban what Bush passed, the partial birth abortion ban.
quote:
The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 makes it illegal for doctors to take overt action to abort a late-term fetus — one in its second or third trimester

What do you think might be happened if abortion was really legalized?

Please don’t get me wrong. In my posts in this thread, I seem to be a Kerry-hater. I just want to share some facts. Know this: I’m not 100% for Bush. I actually vote nothing on the above poll.

My political science teacher once said that he was only a C-average undergrad happened to be a president, so what do we expect? He also doesn’t take environmental issues seriously as he withdrew the U.S. support for the Kyoto Protocol.

I just think that Bush is somewhat better than Kerry.

Now I am really hoping that Kerry gets elected proving all of you are right.

RE: RE: Presidential Election by CookieRevised on 11-02-2004 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Are you sure, Cookie?
In an interview in ABC, on February 22, 1998, way before the 9/11, Kerry said, "I am way ahead of the commander in chief, and I'm probably way ahead of my colleagues and certainly of much of the country. But I believe this. I believe that he has used these weapons before. He has invaded another country. He views himself as a modern-day Nebuchadnezzar. He wants to continue to play the uniting critical role in that part of the world. And I think we have to stand up to that."
Can you explain this for me?
What's to explain? And were does he say: "I have a plan to go into war tomorrow against Saddam"?  So he knew back then that Saddam was a bad person (like 90% of the world also knew). And he said what 90% of the world said: "Saddam must be stopped". I don't get what this has to do with the fact that Bush has ignored international channels and went strait to war, although the international channels said not to, and try diplomatic ways first to exactly prevent what is happing now...

quote:
quote:
I don’t get this part. I think this has nothing to do with church whatsoever. It is about ethics.
No, what I said is about religion! Gay people can not marry before the church (yet) That is the Catholic churchlaw. Wether they can marry before the law, is matter of ethics. Remember that when people marry, they marry twice, before there church and before the law. These two things are different. One is about religion, the other is about the law (and ethics).

quote:
What do you think might be happened if abortion was really legalized?
What would happen is that people would have the ability to have an abortion without needing to revert to illegal activities or moving to another country. Look at how the abortion laws are working in Europe... What not will happen, as you might think, is that everybody will do abortion just because it is legal and that everybody is having unprotected sex because you could have an abortion later, that's plain absurt. Legalizing abortion doesn't mean "free unprotected sex for everyone" and "let's kill all the babies"....

btw, you know what is absurt? That abortion and euthanization is against the law, yet the dead-penalty is still executed.....

So it is right to put criminals out of there misery, yet it is wrong to help people by doing abortion on a small undevelopped humankind life or to help old people in pain with no hope left????

quote:
Please don’t get me wrong. In my posts in this thread, I seem to be a Kerry-hater. I just want to share some facts. Know this: I’m not 100% for Bush. I actually vote nothing on the above poll.
Same here, I'm not all pro Kerry either. But I also think Bush has that slight edge for me to say that he has to go. Both are evenly matched. It's like choosing between a killer and a raper (excuse me for the comparisson)....

But I'm not American, so.....

quote:
He also doesn’t take environmental issues seriously as he withdrew the U.S. support for the Kyoto Protocol.
Yeah, that's also indeed something I don't like. America should give the example...

quote:
Now I am really hoping that Kerry gets elected proving all of you are right.
As it seems atm, Bush has the slight edge in electing votes, Kerry in the popularity votes (but those doesn't count of course).
RE: Presidential Election by 4ke. on 11-02-2004 at 10:49 AM

so for when is the result ? we're waiting :many:

RE: Presidential Election by Hank on 11-02-2004 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 4ke.
so for when is the result ? we're waiting

We should know Soon, but in a way i hope Kerry does Win, would Surely Make Little Johnny Howard ( Australian Prime Minister) worried

RE: Presidential Election by bach_m on 11-02-2004 at 12:00 PM

its only 7:00 am EST, and the TV Election results don't start till 8:00pm, so you've gotta wait well over 13hrs for a final result.

RE: Presidential Election by jren207 on 11-02-2004 at 07:31 PM

I'm British and 15 but i think kerry should win...

[Image: f9c2g]

:P

RE: RE: Presidential Election by ZrednaZ on 11-02-2004 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I'm British and 15 but i think kerry should win...

[Image: f9c2g]

:P

What's with the "but"? I'm sure many other British 15 year olds want Kerry elected as well :P
RE: Presidential Election by jren207 on 11-02-2004 at 09:08 PM

no no no, I mean I can't vote because i'm british and i'm a 15 year old :P if I lived in the USA and and were older I would vote Kerry.

RE: Presidential Election by _Humphreys on 11-02-2004 at 09:52 PM

If I could vote I would of picked Kerry as Bush is a warmonger IMO and he has ran America terribly.

RE: RE: Presidential Election by ZrednaZ on 11-02-2004 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
no no no, I mean I can't vote because i'm british and i'm a 15 year old :P if I lived in the USA and and were older I would vote Kerry.

Oh, my bad. ;) Guess I need to practice my English... Or maybe just go to bed and (hopefully) wake up tomorrow morning, switch on CNN and find that Kerry won. :D Also, tomorrow's my first day driving a car in a driver training facility, can't wait! (Y);)
RE: Presidential Election by wj on 11-02-2004 at 11:09 PM

quote:
No, what I said is about religion! Gay people can not marry before the church (yet) That is the Catholic churchlaw. Wether they can marry before the law, is matter of ethics. Remember that when people marry, they marry twice, before there church and before the law. These two things are different. One is about religion, the other is about the law (and ethics).

Keyword there: Catholic

Come visit the 3000 Married couples in Portland, OR, many of which were married at christian churches here in portland.
RE: Presidential Election by limodan on 11-02-2004 at 11:19 PM

Im from the uk,And i would like to see bush win this election.
You guys in the states need a leader who will not take any S**t
the best way to stop people messing about with your country is to take direct action...not talk about it for a while and maybe the bad guys will surrender on their own..THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
So what if there was no WMD found in iraq, Saddam was a lunatic that killed thousands of his own people because they did not agree with his regime.
Bush should stay for at least one more term in office,let him finish off what we (U.S & U.K) started.
In the U.K it has taken our government 12 years but now our crime stats are down and unemployment is below 1 million.
Give the guy a chance for his policies to work

RE: Presidential Election by wj on 11-02-2004 at 11:42 PM

So what your saying is that clinton was a wuss though we were running a surplus are not at war durring his command, but now that we have someone who "will not take any S**t" we have the biggest budget defficet and are in a war that will likly have the same outcome as vietnam.

RE: Presidential Election by limodan on 11-02-2004 at 11:55 PM

I must confess...I dont really know too much about U.S politics, so therefore cannot respond to your question.
Just to clear the air...I base my views on what i see on our news coverage in the U.K ....It seems to be thats the deciding votes will be cast depending on which one of the candidates will do what regarding the war....thats how our press are showing it anyway.....I would be glad to hear the the american publics view so that i can get a better understanding of it.

RE: Presidential Election by Sangeetha Varma on 11-03-2004 at 06:53 AM

I would vote for Kerry.

RE: Presidential Election by TGG on 11-03-2004 at 06:54 PM

Bush is the president again now, Kerry conceded to him :(