Shoutbox

DP nofitfy - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: DP nofitfy (/showthread.php?tid=33854)

DP nofitfy by michael_m91 on 10-30-2004 at 04:50 PM

How does the protocal work with pictures?
Does it send it to you everytime a contact changes his/her pictue or does it only send it to you when you open a conversation?

In any case is there a way to get a notification like "Someone has opened a window with you" but instead it says "SOmeone has changed the picture"

RE: DP nofitfy by .blade// on 10-30-2004 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
How does the protocal work with pictures?
Does it send it to you everytime a contact changes his/her pictue or does it only send it to you when you open a conversation?

In any case is there a way to get a notification like "Someone has opened a window with you" but instead it says "SOmeone has changed the picture"

If your contact has changed their DP AND you or they oppened a convo. window, it sends the new DP.

There is no plug-in that I know of that does this. Sorry :(
RE: DP nofitfy by michael_m91 on 11-01-2004 at 05:32 AM

ok. I just would think this would be a great plugin.

And it wouldnt be an invasion of privacy because you could just open the window and see their pic anyways.

RE: DP nofitfy by RaceProUK on 11-01-2004 at 01:44 PM

Actually, I remember seeing the server send an 'NLN NLN' notification when a DP is changed (NLN NLN = contact changes status to online). I may have remembered wrong though: I'll check...

code:
<<: NLN NLN <email-removed> Test%20Profile 1073791020 <trimmed>
Change of display picture = new online notification.

Having two profiles comes in handy...
RE: DP nofitfy by evr124 on 11-02-2004 at 05:58 AM

man it would be really nice if some1 could make tis plugin

RE: DP nofitfy by gnownoskcid on 11-02-2004 at 06:25 AM

then the "contact has opened a conversation with you" notification would go CRAZY

seriously it'll make all of us go mad

RE: DP nofitfy by evr124 on 11-03-2004 at 02:25 AM

seriously wt does it mean? how come when u open a conv /w a contact and after a while it says they opened a convo with u but actually u didn't even talk..? does it mean they really opened a conv?

RE: DP nofitfy by Tochjo on 11-03-2004 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by evr124
how come when u open a conv /w a contact and after a while it says they opened a convo with u but actually u didn't even talk..? does it mean they really opened a conv?
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
this* also explains why some people get the window opened notifier just after opening and closing a contact with someone:
the other MSN was notified you opened a window, and to prepare a conversation it wants to get the Display Picture. because the connection is already closed, it opens a new one, and SPNG detects that as a conversation...
* 'This': see StuffPlug-NG-Window opened notifier :)
RE: DP nofitfy by Millenium_edition on 11-03-2004 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
then the "contact has opened a conversation with you" notification would go CRAZY

seriously it'll make all of us go mad
doesn't the latest MSN 7 already download all dp's from your contacts?
RE: DP nofitfy by RaceProUK on 11-03-2004 at 11:39 PM

Yes it does. I ran MSN6.2 through a proxy and MSN7 direct to server, and noticed that when MSN6.2 signed in, MSN7 did all the convo open stuff to get the DP.

RE: DP nofitfy by michael_m91 on 11-04-2004 at 02:07 AM

No what i'm saying is I get a notification when contact changes their pic

RE: DP nofitfy by gnownoskcid on 11-04-2004 at 02:15 AM

since the plugin would have to open a contact's chat window silently in order to check if the dp is new, if everyone uses this plugin, the "contact has opened a coversation with you" will pop up continuously, making the open conv. with you feature useless and annoying

that's why i don't support the auto detect dp change suggestion

RE: DP nofitfy by michael_m91 on 11-04-2004 at 02:17 AM

Isee what you mean, if the only way to find out if theres a new dp is to open a convo then nvm.

But if theres someother way...

RE: DP nofitfy by saintgtril on 11-04-2004 at 02:50 PM

How i wish if there is a plug in like this. :(

RE: DP nofitfy by evr124 on 11-05-2004 at 07:21 AM

well it should be possible to hv with the new beta msn 7 version. it is no longer needed to open a conv just to check dp.

RE: DP nofitfy by CookieRevised on 11-05-2004 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by evr124
well it should be possible to hv with the new beta msn 7 version. it is no longer needed to open a conv just to check dp.
No, it still uses the same way of retrieving the DP... There is no difference...

(and because of that you'll get a Opened Convo notification with plugins which have that feature, each time someone signs in and you have MSN Messenger 7, because MSN Messenger 7 requests each time the DP of the contact, which in turn triggers the Openend Convo notification, IIRC.)

If you want to know the exact things that are being send between the clients, see http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/
RE: DP nofitfy by RaceProUK on 11-06-2004 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
it still uses the same way of retrieving the DP
I have seen the evidence; this is indeed correct.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you want to know the exact things that are being send between the clients, see http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/
Those are up to date for MSNP8. The latest, MSNP10, differs only slightly, but in a couple of places significantly. Again, I have seen this for myself.
RE: DP nofitfy by Millenium_edition on 11-06-2004 at 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Those are up to date for MSNP8. The latest, MSNP10, differs only slightly, but in a couple of places significantly. Again, I have seen this for myself.
there is a research page, which includes all differences :rolleyes:
RE: DP nofitfy by RaceProUK on 11-06-2004 at 03:05 PM

For MSNP9 yes.
For MSNP10, just a set of links: no single reference for all the differences (of which there are several). In fact, under one of the links, you'll see posts by me.

RE: DP nofitfy by stuartbennett on 11-10-2004 at 03:49 PM

what is msnp8, msnp9 and msnp10 by the way? i thought msn messenger 7.0.0332 was the latest build, have they released a new beta? if so where can i get it?

RE: DP nofitfy by CookieRevised on 11-10-2004 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
what is msnp8, msnp9 and msnp10 by the way? i thought msn messenger 7.0.0332 was the latest build, have they released a new beta? if so where can i get it?
Click on the link I gave previously (http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/).

Or simply: :google:: "MSNP9"

You'll see that MSNP means MSN Protocol.
RE: DP nofitfy by stuartbennett on 11-10-2004 at 04:57 PM

thank you for explaining what it means.