Shoutbox

Can you make your desktop picture have animation? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Can you make your desktop picture have animation? (/showthread.php?tid=33877)

Can you make your desktop picture have animation? by .Roy on 10-31-2004 at 07:17 AM

Can you make your desktop picture have animation??

If not is there a clean and free program that well enable me to have animation in the desktop?? Please tell me :-) Thanks

Roy

RE: Can you make your desktop picture have animation? by gnownoskcid on 10-31-2004 at 07:28 AM

im not sure but i think you can do that by enabling "active desktop"

RE: Can you make your desktop picture have animation? by DJeX on 10-31-2004 at 08:13 AM

Yea you sure can, just set your background to a .gif picture and watch it play (Winodws should set up every thing once you pick a gif picture) :D but let me say this, it gets quite annoing after seeing one picture loop it's self continuely. Your best bet would be to make it a picture with not alot of movement in it (Y)

RE: Can you make your desktop picture have animation? by Chris.1 on 10-31-2004 at 04:59 PM

Last Christmas I had an animated gif of Santa riding across my screen on a sleigh....

RE: Can you make your desktop picture have animation? by user2319 on 11-02-2004 at 08:33 PM

I once did this, and it sucked. It slows your computer down enormously! I mean, just a stupid background already slows your computer down, but it's nice. But these animated pictures don't have any added use, get annoying, and slow down too much.

RE: Can you make your desktop picture have animation? by user27089 on 11-02-2004 at 08:37 PM

Animated pictures work for about 5 minutes, after that they stick in the first frame until you reset the background or whatever. Its not a good idea, it will get annoying, why not just have animated cursors or something?

RE: Can you make your desktop picture have animation? by Pyroteq on 11-03-2004 at 11:33 AM

Its quite easy to do, just set your background as an animated image, but i agree with everyone else it really slows your computer down and gets annoying.