Shoutbox

is the contact information only stored in our PC ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: is the contact information only stored in our PC ? (/showthread.php?tid=33929)

is the contact information only stored in our PC ? by Kashif on 11-01-2004 at 02:19 AM

is the last seen contact information only stored in our computer ?

i mean like last time i signed in frm my couzin's PC and he had Messenger Plus installed there .. but i was away and i didnt know abt the messeges that i got since when i got back .. his PC was shutdown.

now getting online frm my own PC i noticed information of one of my contacts that last seen online abt 13 hours and 30 mins and last chat as well at abt the same time , and i also signed in frm my couzins home at that time .

so now .... is it the real info that i have got ? besides .. on my couzins PC as well i had installed Messenger Plus at abt the same time .. before i got online frm there ?

one thing more .

i have sometimes seen that last seen online time in negative figures .. like -12hours -54 mins bla bla bla ? what is that ?

RE: is the contact information only stored in our PC ? by matty on 11-01-2004 at 02:28 AM

Yes it is only stored on your computer. It basically is the last time the contact was seen online on your computer.

quote:
Originally posted by Kashif
-12hours -54 mins bla bla bla ? what is that ?
As far as this I have never seen it be a negative before. If you open the Plus! > Contact List Clean-up, what does it say for the last online for that user?
RE: is the contact information only stored in our PC ? by Kashif on 11-02-2004 at 12:51 AM

umm never tried abt that negative time .

neways .... i got to the answer of my main question . thnx !

RE: is the contact information only stored in our PC ? by karachigurl on 09-27-2005 at 08:22 PM

yea i've got it in negative too :S. here take a looKie.
[Image: asdf4ln.th.jpg]

wuddup wid dat?

RE: is the contact information only stored in our PC ? by CookieRevised on 09-27-2005 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by karachigurl
yea i've got it in negative too :S. here take a looKie.
[Image: asdf4ln.th.jpg]

wuddup wid dat?
Thats because the timedate information stored in the registry for that contact is actually more recent then the current date and time of your system.

This can be caused by switching from/to DST or by altering your system's date and time yourself (or messing with the registry :p).

(or by a bug in Plus!. But if so, it would have popped up more than a few single times I imagine. Not to mention that there can't be much going wrong with it as it only substracts the datetime value from the current system's date and time to get that value)

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
If you open the Plus! > Contact List Clean-up, what does it say for the last online for that user?
It should say "<1day" because it is a negative value...