Shoutbox

Event Log Spam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Event Log Spam (/showthread.php?tid=33932)

Event Log Spam by 1PostMember on 11-01-2004 at 02:59 AM

Every once in a while I'll get a contact who spams the event log. Someone will change their status to busy and the event log will start saying they are changing from online to busy then back to online and it will keep going almost once per second. It doesn't happen to often and I do not know what is causing it.

I've seen it happen in the past couple versions (since I first downloaded Plus!) and I've had it happen on 3 different computers running windows 98, ME, and XP. I'm sure someone else must have noticed this but I looked around and didn't see anything about it.

If this is a known problem or its caused by something I'm doing wrong then I'm sorry to have posted this.

RE: Event Log Spam by matty on 11-01-2004 at 03:10 AM

Could it be the actual person is just going from being Busy to Online? If you check the Contact Information (type /info in a conversation with the person once this has happened) Plus! records the lastest events so you can actually see if it is a bug in Plus! or just the person being dodgy.

RE: Event Log Spam by Weyzza on 11-01-2004 at 03:50 AM

Yeah, that's why I think event-logging certain people is a good idea.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22...d=252564#pid252564

RE: Event Log Spam by stuartbennett on 11-01-2004 at 06:30 AM

im not sure if this is related but since installing plus certainly since v3 possibly even in 2 whenever a contact signs in or out i get like 4 of those blue toast popup things show up on my screen at once with like a 1 second between them appearing now surely a person cant sign in sign in again a second later and so on soi know this has to be some kind of bug.

RE: Event Log Spam by RaceProUK on 11-01-2004 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
im not sure if this is related but since installing plus certainly since v3 possibly even in 2 whenever a contact signs in or out i get like 4 of those blue toast popup things show up on my screen at once with like a 1 second between them appearing now surely a person cant sign in sign in again a second later and so on soi know this has to be some kind of bug.
Or Hopper.
RE: Event Log Spam by stuartbennett on 11-01-2004 at 03:14 PM

oh theyre called hoppers ok i dont really know what the blue squares are called i just know there should be 4 of them popping up together all saying the exact same thing.

RE: Event Log Spam by Fraisie on 11-01-2004 at 03:26 PM

quote:
oh theyre called hoppers ok i dont really know what the blue squares are called i just know there should be 4 of them popping up together all saying the exact same thing.

What Raceprouk is saying is that maybe those contact are using the plugin called Hopper that makes you show pop up on their contacts screen. Great if you wanna grab someones attention !
RE: Event Log Spam by stuartbennett on 11-01-2004 at 03:37 PM

oh i see. ok no probs as long as i know its not a bug and that i personally havent done anything wrong.

RE: Event Log Spam by Concord Dawn on 11-01-2004 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
quote:

What Raceprouk is saying is that maybe those contact are using the plugin called Hopper that makes you show pop up on their contacts screen. Great if you wanna grab someones attention !

But not so great for n00bs who don't know what is going on. That's why the Hopper plugin is so good. It limits itself so that you can only hop a contact x times in x amount of time. I don't know what the real numbers are, but you get the picture.