Shoutbox

Time in Display name - how annoying! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Time in Display name - how annoying! (/showthread.php?tid=33933)

Time in Display name - how annoying! by Derwan on 11-01-2004 at 03:32 AM

Hi all,

I have the diplay name change notification turned on for all my contacts.  It's a nifty feature.

However, one of my contacts is using a system that automatically includes the time in his display name - and therefore changes his display name every minute.  This is so annoying.

I went to the notifications screen for just this contact, but noticed that you cannot turn OFF the notification for a single contact.  (You can only turn ON individual notifications when the default setting is OFF).

Perhaps the individual screen should be changed to "override default setting" with whatever you specify to allow you to turn the notification off for individual contacts.

Anyway - for now, does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this annoyance (other than deleting the contact or turning off the default notification on a display name change)?

Oh - and I've let the contact know too just how annoying it is... but he hasn't changed it.  I think he likes the idea that it annoys people.  Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon.

RE: Time in Display name - how annoying! by banky on 11-01-2004 at 04:02 AM

could you ask him wich program he is useing in wich it allows him to do that .

RE: RE: Time in Display name - how annoying! by Derwan on 11-01-2004 at 05:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
could you ask him wich program he is useing in wich it allows him to do that .

He said he's using Gilly Messenger.
RE: Time in Display name - how annoying! by banky on 11-01-2004 at 05:36 AM

oh nevermind then.