Shoutbox

Feature for the contacts on desktop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature for the contacts on desktop (/showthread.php?tid=33942)

Feature for the contacts on desktop by djdiablo on 11-01-2004 at 11:37 AM

I've got a feature idea which I'm sure is not to difficult to implement but would be very handy.

If one of the contacts on your desktop is offline, there could be an option to Send E-Mail to this contact, like on the actual MSN Contact list. I know there is a 'set comeback' option and a 'copy email to clipboard' but I'd like to be able to email them from here aswell.

Just an idea, thanks for reading - you're doing a great job without my input so if you dislike the idea I can quite understand :)

RE: Feature for the contacts on desktop by toddy on 11-01-2004 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdiablo
I've got a feature idea which I'm sure is not to difficult to implement but would be very handy.

If one of the contacts on your desktop is offline, there could be an option to Send E-Mail to this contact, like on the actual MSN Contact list. I know there is a 'set comeback' option and a 'copy email to clipboard' but I'd like to be able to email them from here aswell.

Just an idea, thanks for reading - you're doing a great job without my input so if you dislike the idea I can quite understand :)

i quite like it the way it is ! if your add to many options it will just look messy.

if u want to send them an email, just open up your main ccontact window :)
RE: Feature for the contacts on desktop by djdiablo on 11-01-2004 at 10:47 PM

quote:
if your add to many options it will just look messy.

I agree, however I think that the 'email' option would be more useful than 'clipboard' option.

RE: Feature for the contacts on desktop by toddy on 11-01-2004 at 11:00 PM

quote:
I agree, however I think that the 'email' option would be more useful than 'clipboard' option.

well i don't kno about others, but i disagree, i use the copy email function alot. (mainly to give peoples emails to other people) more then i send emails.

how ever that just make be me. you could always make a poll to see which is used most. and then if copy email to clipboard losses by alot, maybe your suggestion will be added
RE: Feature for the contacts on desktop by Pyroteq on 11-02-2004 at 06:47 AM

I wouldnt personally use that feature but if people want it i dont see a problem with it, just dont add too many options or it will be all cluttered.

RE: Feature for the contacts on desktop by gnownoskcid on 11-02-2004 at 06:58 AM

quote:
however I think that the 'email' option would be more useful than 'clipboard' option.
i disagree, the email function can only be used with your hotmail or your email client. but the send email to clipboard function can be used anywhere such as sending the address to others as toddy said, or used with other email services such as gmail, yahoo, etc