Shoutbox

[Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard (/showthread.php?tid=33979)

[Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by Pyroteq on 11-02-2004 at 06:31 AM

Is there (or if there isnt im suggesting it) a keyboard shorcut (e.g alt+number) to open the main messenger contact window when its minimised to the taskbar?

RE: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by gnownoskcid on 11-02-2004 at 06:33 AM

no

RE: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by .Roy on 11-02-2004 at 07:09 AM

no... But there is a way to open msn messenger with a shortcut..

RE: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by Weyzza on 11-02-2004 at 07:13 AM

You actually can do it easily.

Start>Programs>...>MSN Messenger 6.0>Properties

Set the shortcut key, e.g. Ctrl + Alt + M

Hope this helps. It worked for me :)

RE: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by gnownoskcid on 11-02-2004 at 07:34 AM

doesn't work if you have polygamy, else i have to agree that it works nicely

RE: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by Weyzza on 11-02-2004 at 07:48 AM

It depends what kind of polygamy you are using.

I use MSNLoader, which is a .exe
You can put the file in the Start>Programs and apply the same method like MSN Messenger.

RE: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by Pyroteq on 11-02-2004 at 08:48 AM

Wont work for me seeing as im using a patched polygamy, that just opens another session of msn.

RE: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by gnownoskcid on 11-02-2004 at 08:57 AM

this leads to a related idea:

when the contact window is docked to the right side of the screen, it automatically 'hides' by 'sliding' to the right, off-screen

when the mouse is touching the right edge of the screen, the contact list 'slides' back out

now THAT is useful (i think that's mentioned somewhere before)

RE: RE: [Suggestion]Shortcut to main messenger window from keyboard by FrozernFire on 11-02-2004 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
this leads to a related idea:

when the contact window is docked to the right side of the screen, it automatically 'hides' by 'sliding' to the right, off-screen

when the mouse is touching the right edge of the screen, the contact list 'slides' back out

now THAT is useful (i think that's mentioned somewhere before)

interesting... will be very useful, but going off-topic. msg plus has boss protection which can automatically open up msn after being hidden. maybe this can be "upgraded" to be used to open up the contact list window