Shoutbox

VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=34009)

VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by TheFrank on 11-02-2004 at 09:13 PM

omg, today, i got a new virus alert, its an unknown virus.. my pc cant deleted it, OR quarantine it..... plz help me!!!!!!

RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by toddy on 11-02-2004 at 09:18 PM

do u have a virus scanner (that pic just seems dodgy) just run your virus scanner and it should delete it.

if it can't be deleted. you can try booting up in safe made. and then runnnin your virus scanner

RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by TheFrank on 11-02-2004 at 09:19 PM

i have 2 virus scanner's, dont tell me do get one -_-''..... imo that McAfee shit aint working very good... neither is norton..... and im not doing that, i cant... pc wont let me

RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by dragon2611 on 11-02-2004 at 09:22 PM

err hope u not got them both running autoprotect they just confict with each other probably wont be getting anywhere with it :S

RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by toddy on 11-02-2004 at 09:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrank
i have 2 virus scanner's, dont tell me do get one -_-''..... imo that McAfee shit aint working very good... neither is norton..... and im not doing that, i cant... pc wont let me

well boot up in safe mood and run norton. it should then be able to delete the virus

also make sure that norton is up to date (run liveupdate)
RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by TheFrank on 11-02-2004 at 09:27 PM

nah, my norton shield, is never up, it never went up, even if i click enable.... stupid norton......

RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by toddy on 11-02-2004 at 09:33 PM

well here are the removal tools for w32.bagle, but they doesn't seem to be a .az@mm

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/ven....removal.tool.html

RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by TheFrank on 11-02-2004 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
well here are the removal tools for w32.bagle, but they doesn't seem to be a .az@mm

You wrote it wrong in symantec, its BAGLE, not BEAGLE.... :P
RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by toddy on 11-02-2004 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrank
quote:
Originally posted by toddy

You wrote it wrong in symantec, its BAGLE, not BEAGLE.... :P

well they is no bagle
RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by TheFrank on 11-02-2004 at 09:53 PM

then is it a fake virus????

RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by dragon2611 on 11-02-2004 at 09:58 PM

that bagle is annoying me

i keep getting an email containing it that appears as if its coming from a firends email but its not him cus i looked at the headers

and the ip is from a completly differnt country.

its annoying me cus everytime i connect to pop and download my emial i get a big prompt from my AV saying pop3 mail scanner has detected the virus in the email  lol

still spose thats better than actally getting the virus ;)

RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by frankiedaman on 11-02-2004 at 10:43 PM

quote:
You wrote it wrong in symantec, its BAGLE, not BEAGLE....

Bagle and Beagle are the same....they're known as different aliases according to the company that produces the AV.

For Norton, w32.bagle.az@mm is also known as Beagle.AR

Symantec Security Response - W32.Bagle.AR@mm

Removal instructions are listed there or you can download the removal tool to get rid of it for you.

Hope this helps,
Frankiedaman
RE: VIRUS!!!! HELP!!!!!!! by dragon2611 on 11-02-2004 at 10:48 PM

well i sorted my problem with bagle at least for now...

as after talking to my friend i found out he no longer uses the email address the virus was spoofing infact he now longer even uses the domain i just blacklisted the whole domain at the mailserver.  (it was his own domain so dont have to worry about blocking legitmate emails from others)

i'll consider unblacklisting it in the future but for now it cut down dramaticly on the amount of virus infected emails i'm getting.

and yes i looked up the ip of the sender and tryed to get hold of the people responcible for that ip but never got any success so ive taken the step above