Shoutbox

MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.112 BETA - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.112 BETA (/showthread.php?tid=34015)

MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.112 BETA by Patchou on 11-03-2004 at 12:42 AM

Hello everybody,

today, I decided to make an exception to my usual no-public-beta policy and released a beta version of the forthcoming Messenger Plus! 3.40. There are two reasons for that: first, I'm going to France tomorrow to attend a special MSN Event. If Microsoft France takes this opportunity to tide me up and wash my brain by forcing me to look at XWindows for several hours, at least, I'll have left something useful to my users. The second reason is that I'm planning several things for Messenger Plus! 3.40 and I don't know when I'll be able to release the final version. By releasing a beta today, I'm sure that some of you won't keep waiting for Messenger Plus! to try out the new Messenger version when it becomes publicly available.

The beta version will be available for download on this page only. The download link will change from time to time and you are strictly forbidden to redistribute this version directly (no exception). If you want to link to the beta, please link to this page. Why am I doing that? again for two reasons (I'm a complicated man) : there are many things to improve and fix in this beta before it's suitable for the general public and I want everyone who download the beta to read the following important message:

Note to official MSN Messenger 7 Beta Testers: the MSN Messenger Team is counting on you to beta test their product. This version of Messenger Plus! being a beta itself, it is imperative to follow a simple procedure before reporting any bug to Microsoft. If you think you found something to report, close Messenger, kill MsgPlus.exe (or uninstall it; reinstalling Plus! will just takes 10 seconds), restart Messenger and check if the bug still occurs. You must not report anything that has not been tested without Messenger Plus! running. Being a developer myself, I know how frustrating it would be for the Messenger Team not to be able to differentiate bugs coming from their software with bugs coming from a third party plugin. Thank you for your cooperation.

So, what can you expect in this beta? almost nothing except good ol' Plus! ;). However, to spice things up a little, I did add a nice improvement in this beta: contact names are displayed with their colors and formatting attributes almost everywhere in Messenger, including in the contact list and in the toast popups. The feature is not complete yet but it seems to work pretty well already so I left it in the beta (note that there will be an option in the preferences panel of the final version to disable this feature). Apart from that, I added an enlarge button on the sponsor agreement window for people who want to take a closer look (I have nothing to hide), you can set auto-messages while being online, the creation of new contacts on desktop is more friendly and richedit controls all have a nice themed border when you run Windows XP (I'll release the code of that improvement on CodeGuru later this month for the two of you who may be interested).

Here is a list of known bugs/limitations in Messenger Plus! 3.40 Beta. Bug reports are always welcomed (mplus@patchou.com) but first, be sure that your bug is not listed here. If you want to help but can't download Messenger 7 for now, you should know that it is as important for me to know that the new version works as well with older versions (4, 5, 6) than it works with the new one.

• The "Hide advertisement banner" is not available in MSN Messenger 7 anymore. The reason is not entirely technical, I just felt this option had not its place in Messenger Plus! anymore, thank you for understanding.
  • No Plus! Enhanced Icon in the contact list for now, I'm working on a solution that will integrate nicely in the new Messenger 7 interface.
  • The POP3 E-Mail feature will display popups for new emails but won't update the email count in the contact list (will be fixed too, somehow).
  • and... that's it! everything else is supposed to work as well as before. I know it sounds natural for all of you, which is just sad for me as a lot of work was required for some features to be back and you'll never see it :).

Beta Update from December 2nd (3.40.112) :
I didn't plan on releasing another beta before the final (next year) but I got a report today that the previous beta was causing the Hebrew version of the public Messenger 7 Beta to crash so I had to fix it asap.
Most of the new stuff I've been talking about inthe past weeks have been disabled from this version so don't expect much compared to version 3.40.110. However, a couple of memory optimisations have been left and I'm pretty sure this version of Messenger Plus! now uses less memory and less system resources than any other version released in the past year :).
A special auto-update will be performed this week to auto-update every current Plus! beta user to this latest version.

Beta Update from November 14th (3.40.110) :
The troublesome memory leak/slowdown problem is finally fixed. Anyone using an older beta must install this new one. Please report any slowdown problem/UI glitch you may have with this version (note that the memory leak was very minor but also present in all versions of MSN Messenger 6, if you have some time to spare, please test this beta with Messenger 6 and check for new problems that may appear).
A new DLL is now distributed with the software. This should help solve problems related to the global impact of Messenger Plus! on older/slower systems. It may also fix several incompatibility some people may have encountered with other programs (like with Photoshop 5). Note to dedicated beta testers: please test the installation of Messenger Plus! as much as possible with different scenarios (Windows versions, no admin privileges, etc...).
Your contact names should never appear blank anymore in your chat windows for no apparant reason.

Beta Update from November 8th (3.40.109) :
The font problems in yoru contact list should be fixed
Bugs related to contacts not showing in your list have been fixed
New feature: you can now add formatting attributes to your custom names. The final version of Messenger Plus! will make it more user friendly, meanwhile, you can simply use the usual tags and shortcuts.

Beta Update from November 8th (3.40.108) :
The /nick command works in Messenger 7
Personalised Status Tags are working in Messenger 7
Custom Names do not crash Messenger 7 anymore
There is now an option in the preferences panel to disable formatting in the contact list (Messenger 7)
I'm not sure the memory leaks and slowness problems have been fixed... please test, with and without the multi-format option enabled (restart Messenger when you change the option). Thanks.

Thank you for your help and support, I always say the same thing but your support DOES count, especially nowadays :gfdrin:.

Sincerely,
Patchou

Edit by Tochjo: updated thread title
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by MessEnGer on 11-03-2004 at 12:46 AM

Hey patchou great news ... i am downloading it right now cant wait to use it :)

hey all the best for your trip ... i hope microsoft doesnt brain wash yo u:p

we are all there to support you patchou
all the best

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Xero_Cool on 11-03-2004 at 01:05 AM

Yes, Finally, Thank you Patchou :). Been waiting ages for this ;). Thanks for releasing it and have a fun trip :D.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by zortoflaven on 11-03-2004 at 01:10 AM

I love you :) Simply amazing work Patchou. (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by dotNorma on 11-03-2004 at 01:11 AM

Good Job Patchou , I cant beleive you were able to make such a compatibility change in such little time. (y)

Have a safe trip!

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Sk3tch on 11-03-2004 at 01:14 AM

Thanks Patch (Y)

nice work.. and have fun on your trip :)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Lizard on 11-03-2004 at 01:16 AM

Thanks Patchou for this beta!

Have a good time in France :)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Concord Dawn on 11-03-2004 at 01:30 AM

I suggest that you save Plus! source good in an e-mail somewhere, that way if Microsoft brainwashes you and seizes your computer, you still have a copy, so you can :refuck: Microsoft. :P

Have fun on your trip, stay safe, stay happy, stay Patchou.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by lylesback2 on 11-03-2004 at 01:50 AM

thanks!  spotted it on back page news on neowin :)

now i can convert to MSN 7 :D  thanks patchou.. sorry to hear about the ad option.  i loved that option :P

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Jolo on 11-03-2004 at 02:02 AM

Through some plugins like StuffPlug-NG are not compatible with MSN Messenger 7 yet, I converted to the new version. :)

I'm waiting for new releases of

- StuffPlug-NG
- openConvo

Greetings,

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Chop on 11-03-2004 at 02:07 AM

Thanks for The Plus! Patch :D ... I will install it right now =)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Rock182Chick on 11-03-2004 at 03:17 AM

YAY cool new patch =)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Chrono on 11-03-2004 at 04:18 AM

Well done patchou (Y)
i hope that dodgy MSN france wont kidnap you :dodgy:!

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Ehkay47 on 11-03-2004 at 04:39 AM

Awesome, finally msn 7 is worth having.

the emo or gift  packs button is missing now,. not that it was useful or nething.....

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Pipish on 11-03-2004 at 05:10 AM

Nice work patchou i thinks its great you even botherd on a version of plus for msn beta but i am thankful for it :)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by TheBlasphemer on 11-03-2004 at 07:01 AM

StuffPlug-NG Development version

Oki, with the beta release of msn7, and msgplus3.4, I don't think I can stay out :)
Here's a development version of StuffPlug-NG,
It's NOT beta NOR alpha, it's a development version,
which means it is not tested by anyone else than me, and it could be extremely unstable!
Use at your own risk!

To install, just overwrite the Stuffplug-NG.dll of a previous installation with this new StuffPlug-NG.dll in the zip file...
for bug reports, post in the Plugins forum...

UPDATE:
Please do not install this version directly, it will NOT work.
Just install the current version from www.stuffplug.com first.
and then overwrite stuffplug-ng.dll with the one in the zip.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Phrive on 11-03-2004 at 07:44 AM

Thanx too Patchou and The Blasphemer. MSN 7 Almost feels complete now :D

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by MSN on 11-03-2004 at 07:50 AM

Thanks Patchou!!! Have a nice trip !!!

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Kowoshiarah on 11-03-2004 at 08:11 AM

It's great Patchou . Thrank you  ^_^

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Matti on 11-03-2004 at 08:56 AM

Cool! (H) I like it! :D :D :D
I accept that not everything is 100% compatible yet, but that's why it is a BETA release!

Most important 4 me is that I can use colors in my name back! :)

Hope Microsoft won't gonna hack your PC... :S

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by x2zen on 11-03-2004 at 09:53 AM

Thank you Patchou :D:D

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by stuartbennett on 11-03-2004 at 11:28 AM

thanks patchou i wanted to test the 332 beta of messenger 7 and now that youve released this new beta of plus i can. also thanks to theblasphemar for the developement version of stuffplug. you guys are simply the greatest. hope you enjoy your trip to france patchou. dont let ms brainwash you. by the way its sad to hear that the ad banner remover is no longer part of plus that was a col feature and i hope that one day youll bring it back.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by KnightieBoy on 11-03-2004 at 12:07 PM

nice work Patchou :)
have fun :D
MSN 7 felt as if something was missing and now it's back (H)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Ponty on 11-03-2004 at 12:08 PM

"The "Hide advertisement banner" is not available in MSN Messenger 7 anymore"

Euu, that was my number one reason for using Plus!

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by hnkumar on 11-03-2004 at 12:23 PM

Patchu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for beta release :).  I too want to contribute something to MSN Plus.  I will get less time but i want to contribute something to MSN Plus!!.

Have a nice trip :).

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Millenium_edition on 11-03-2004 at 12:54 PM

If you want to remove the banners, you can add this entry to your hosts file.

code:
127.0.0.1 rad.msn.com
not sure waht msn 7 will do with it.
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Mnjul on 11-03-2004 at 12:57 PM

Nice job, Patchou, but I think I should remind all you that you can't not use /nick in Windows Messenger 5 either. :)

That means I need to republish a new version of Hopper to disable some things under MSN Messenger 7 too...:S

Have a good trip and be sure to tell us about interesting things on going during the event ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Vilkku on 11-03-2004 at 01:21 PM

QUESTION: If I am using MSN Messenger 6.2, is it worth getteing the new version?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by stuartbennett on 11-03-2004 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
QUESTION: If I am using MSN Messenger 6.2, is it worth getteing the new version?

in the v3.40.107 installer on the very first screen it clearly states that unless you intend on installing msn messenger 7.0 before the end of the year then it probably isnt worth you upgrading to 3.40.107. however ultimately its up to you whether you think the new features are worth it. personally ive noticed ver little plus functionallity being added in this new version my only reason for upgrading was msn messenger 7.0 support.

by the way theblasphemar i know the current stuffplug ng update you issued on this thread is only a developement version but when you make a full blown beta or new version could you readd the "remove 5 custom emoticon limit" option? i tryed enabling this option while using plus 3.40.107 and it says it cant enable it so if you can try and resolve this for the next official release that wouyld be great.
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by baalauam on 11-03-2004 at 02:25 PM

Hello, :D
Bonjour tout le monde,
Je suis Français et j'admire ce forum de discussion. j'ai decouvert beaucoup de chose. Ce matin j'ai telechargé MsgPlus! 3.4, je le trouve très bien et je remercie Patchou et tous ceux qui ont contribués à son developpement.;)
Néanmoins je rencontre un problème avec StuffPlug-Ng. Je voulais savoir que faire avec le fichier StuffPlug-Ng.dll ???:S
je l'ai vu dans cette news precedemment citer dans le forum.

quote:
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA

StuffPlug-NG Development version

Oki, with the beta release of msn7, and msgplus3.4, I don't think I can stay out
Here's a development version of StuffPlug-NG,
It's NOT beta NOR alpha, it's a development version,
which means it is not tested by anyone else than me, and it could be extremely unstable!
Use at your own risk!

To install, just overwrite the Stuffplug-NG.dll of a previous installation with this new StuffPlug-NG.dll in the zip file...
for bug reports, post in the Plugins forum...

Attachment: StuffPlug-NG.zip (175.1 KB)
This file has been downloaded 217 time(s).
[AD]

IP Address: Logged

Voila je remercie tous ceux qui ont portés attention à mon post.
Merci de me répondre en français. merci encore(Y)
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by -MaTT- on 11-03-2004 at 02:41 PM

Faut remplacer la nouvelle dll par dessus l'ancienne, en admettant que tu as déjà installé une version normale de stuffplug. Par contre, l'auteur dit que c'est très instable et que ça peut ne pas marcher.

Moi j'aurai une question: peut-on masquer le bas de la fenêtre qui dit "ajouter un contact" et la recherche sur le web ?

Also i have a question: can we hide the bottom of the window, wich is composed of "add contact" and "search the web", two features i don't need (add contact can't be found in the menu) ?

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by baalauam on 11-03-2004 at 02:44 PM

Merci beaucoup l'ami t'es trop gentil!

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Cromp on 11-03-2004 at 02:57 PM

thx for the msn plus beta. been waiting for this before convert to msn 7. \o/. thx alot. and have a good time on ya trip :P

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by charlie_su1986 on 11-03-2004 at 03:00 PM

nice work! Patchou,
finally,... i can give Messenger 7 a try :D

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Jolo on 11-03-2004 at 03:08 PM

StuffPlug-NG DV version works pretty well for me. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by DaleusTheBig on 11-03-2004 at 03:53 PM

Regarding Stuffplug :D:D:D brilliant ill tell you what ive noticed though :-
No longer actually tells you when a convo is opened with you and when you add a big picture it tells you its invalid. When I was on 6.2 I added a big pic and upgrading to 7 (332 build) kept it so ive been using that wooo thanks again.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by mattm591 on 11-03-2004 at 04:13 PM

I installed messenger 7 when it was originally released and quickly uninstalled it. I was foolish to think I could live with out plus! :-( however now I can return to 7.. thank you very much Patchou. Your truley a life saver :p

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by alexp2_ad on 11-03-2004 at 04:54 PM

Thanks Patchou!  :D

Oh, and thanks to TheBlasphemer Stuffplug NG DV kicks ASS! (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by _Humphreys on 11-03-2004 at 06:34 PM

Thanks for your hard work Patchou in bringing this BETA out thanks again.:)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by stuartbennett on 11-03-2004 at 06:43 PM

hi guys. ive noticed something in the new dv release of stuffplug. it doesnt allow you to use "remove 5 emoticon limit" upon enabling it under the 3.4 plus and msn 7.0.0332 i found it gives an error message then disables the feature.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by GiantSpider on 11-03-2004 at 07:18 PM

Thanks Patch Dude. Keep up the good work.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Guido on 11-03-2004 at 08:50 PM

* Guido repeats what everybody else already said

Thanks Patch, and good luck in the trip! :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Viper6 on 11-04-2004 at 03:59 AM

Not happy about removing "hide ad" option

That was one of the main reasons I downloaded Msgplus like 2 years ago

Please reconsider patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by gseale on 11-04-2004 at 07:38 PM

Patchou,

Thanks man...you're the best!!

Greg

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Tuxman on 11-04-2004 at 09:10 PM

Can't understand why you removed the "Hide advertisement banner"... it's one of the most important point why I chose to download MSN Plus :(

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Impheatus on 11-04-2004 at 09:31 PM

Oh come on! Don't pay attention to ppl complaining 'bout "hide ad" option Patchou, you're doing great. That minor thing can be solved by installing a patch that you can get anywhere in the internet; no big deal.
I know it's illegal, so install it at your own risk, but that's the only way to get ride of that annoying bar.

Keep the good work Patchou. Have a nice & safe trip. (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Tuxman on 11-04-2004 at 09:55 PM

Thank you - no further questions this time. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by sahil on 11-04-2004 at 10:08 PM

its realy great thanx owner off this site

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Choli on 11-04-2004 at 11:27 PM

Thanks Patchou and enjoy your trip to Paris.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
and richedit controls all have a nice themed border when you run Windows XP
has anyone noticed that? I can't find any difference.
quote:
yeah... I thought about it later.. you can't use /nick in this version unfortunately... sooooo.... errr.... anyone wants to do a program that generates the proper codes to put in a nickname? you can just check how Plus! does it in Messenger 6..that would be a cool program a lot of people would enjoy while Plus! is in beta stage :)
if someone is interested in that, s/he may want to look at 4 multi-format parser functions
quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
What? :S No, I don't understand. It had its place in all previous versions of Plus! and it worked out just fine. You aren't removing this feature because M$ is inviting you to France, are you? :^)
nah. Think a bit: Patchou adds an optional sponsor to earn money. It's optional, but if nobody installs it, Patchou doesn't earn money, so Patchou wants that people installs the sponsor (maybe not all his users, but some percentage). In this scenario, isn't it strange that Patchou removes the banner, that gives M$ money? I understand Patchou and his decission. The same as Patchou, behind Messenger there are lots of programmers that have to earn money. M$ gets that money from the ads in messenger. It's illogical that Patchou removes it, imo.
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Pr0xY on 11-05-2004 at 12:01 AM

Sweet Patchou...

Have fun on your trip.  If anyone starts anything, call me.  I know some people that know some people that kill people.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Hank on 11-05-2004 at 12:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
Its been removed because the only way to hide the advertisement banner is to modify messenger itself, and thats illegal.

so why didnt Patchou Remove it in Previous Releases then?
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by user503 on 11-05-2004 at 03:10 AM

removed

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Patchou on 11-05-2004 at 07:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dannyres
Yeah I've noticed the XP style borders on Patchous Rich Edit Controls :P Mostly in the prefs screen.. they used to have ugly borders.

yeah!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

As for the banner, I removed it only now because the technical change in Messenger 7 forced me to reconsider the feature. Please, try to understand, I know some of you really don't like this but it is final (and its not like mess.be didn't offer alternatives, I'm pretty sure I made two or three developers very happy with this news :p)
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Hank on 11-05-2004 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dannyres
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
ok patchou fair enough, but it would be nice to know exactly what this tewchnical change was in messenger 7 that forced you to do this.

I think its that the whole contact list has been changed to windowless controls, which makes this sorta thing more difficult.. the contact list now uses the same skining engine thing as the Converstation Windows.. :)

It would be nice to have the option in Plus, but I can always just patch it.. :P

Dan

im sure patchou had his reasons, whatever they are its His Product to do whatever he Pleases, if People dont like that, there's always Patches out there to get rid of the Ad(s) , or use Trillian 
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by stuartbennett on 11-05-2004 at 02:47 PM

ive had no problems with messenger 7.0.0332 and messenger plus 3.40.107 so im very sorry to hear that you guys are experiencing such problems with it.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Patchou on 11-05-2004 at 06:03 PM

Just a quick follow up to say that I've not been captured today ;). The event was great and I'll post more about it when I'm back to Canada, on my "normal" qwerty keyboard :)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Kryptonate on 11-05-2004 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Just a quick follow up to say that I've not been captured today ;). The event was great and I'll post more about it when I'm back to Canada, on my "normal" qwerty keyboard :)
qwerty...

* Kryptonate uses azerty (belgian standard :dodgy:)

nice to hear you're still ok and not brainwashed (at least I hope ;)). Safe trip to home :)
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by MessEnGer on 11-05-2004 at 06:31 PM

quote:

Just a quick follow up to say that I've not been captured today . The event was great and I'll post more about it when I'm back to Canada, on my "normal" qwerty keyboard

nice to know you are ok and not kidnapped :P

waiting to know more about the even

so is msg plus still owned by patchou

j/k
hey patchou i hope you've clicked pictures
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Impheatus on 11-05-2004 at 07:45 PM

quote:

Great Patchou man... good to hear you're ok and enjoying the event. Can't wait to know some specifications bout it.

Have fun... hope to c ya soon. (y)
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by stuartbennett on 11-05-2004 at 08:56 PM

yeah nice to hear from you again patchou i cant wait to hear what you learned.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Hank on 11-06-2004 at 01:31 AM

quote:

what can you Tell us that we dont already know an you had to sign something  so you cant leak any new Info bout MSN Messenger7
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by stuartbennett on 11-06-2004 at 10:04 AM

i found a major bug when patching msn 7. i dont know what causes it but i know it happens when you use things like messpatch. if you use a patch and tick the option that says "disable MSN Today Button" you will never be able to display the contact list again ever. you can only get your contact list back by running msn7 setup and clicking the repair button which in that process negates all patches and you gotta repatch msn again.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by VuDu on 11-06-2004 at 10:29 AM

That didn't happened to me and I installed the mess patch with all the features enabled.
Could u care to test it a bit more?

BTW: Patchou I heard something about a tickle-torture. Stand rigid mate!! Good luck!  ;) :D

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by stuartbennett on 11-06-2004 at 10:36 AM

i did test it a few times as long as i didnt tick the msn today option i was fine

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Stijn on 11-07-2004 at 02:39 PM

can't wait for patchou to spill the beans about the event in FR!!!;-);-)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by mattm591 on 11-07-2004 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stijn
can't wait for patchou to spill the beans about the event in FR!!!;-);-)

As much as I wanna know what happened, I wouldn't be too sure about Patchou spilling any beans, because according to mess.be a ' Non-Disclosure Agreement' was signed to prevent leaks. He'd probably have to sign one of them about any tortue Microsoft applied to him as well :P
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Apatik on 11-07-2004 at 07:38 PM

TB and I made him show his source code to us, teeheehee (6)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by CookieRevised on 11-08-2004 at 05:11 AM

And for info about Patchou's visit to France, go to "Back from France!"

quote:
Originally posted by P@pyNet
Hello!

Excuse me but I speak english very very badly

If I reappoint the contact which is in a conversation, it is translated by the hourglass. It is necessary to stop(arrest) and to boost(relaunch) Messenger so that everything re-works

Bien cordialement
Georges
Yes, the bug is already been reported it seems ;):
detn8r's reply to Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
MSG Plus Beta - Displaying Custom Name AND MSN Names by edge777 on 11-09-2004 at 02:20 AM

Great job on the quick beta for MSN 7.  The biggest bug is that MSGPlus locks up MSN 7 after it's been on for a few hours.

There is one thing that I would love to see on the new MsgPlus -> the ability to see Custom Names AND their posted MSN names (without having to hover over).  For example, say someone's real name is Eric and their current MSN name is Snowboarding today! - A combination custom/real msn name would look like Eric: Snowoboarding today!

Many people use their MSN names to communicate.  In talking to friends, that is the one reason they don't use MsgPlus, because although they like the feature, they see the custom names as the most useful, but don't want to sacrifice seeing the real MSN names.

Any thoughts????

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by ddunk on 11-09-2004 at 02:36 AM

Set their Custom name as "Eric: (!N)" without the quotation marks. It will produce "Eric: Snowboarding Today!" :)

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by edge777 on 11-09-2004 at 02:53 AM

Thanks, that's awesome.  Any other tags or formatting options for custom names (like bold, colors, etc.)?

Also, it would still be cool to have the option embedded in MsgPlus, as MSN 7 finally shows emoticons in names as just that (and not their text characters).

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by CookieRevised on 11-09-2004 at 03:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by edge777
Any other tags or formatting options for custom names (like bold, colors, etc.)?
http://www.msgplus.net/help_cmdtag.php

Also, this isn't a suggestion thread.
And double posting (making more then 1 post after eachother) isn't allowed, you should've edited your previous post...
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Patchou on 11-09-2004 at 08:16 AM

The beta version has been updated. If you installed the previous beta, please upgrade.

The /nick command works in Messenger 7
Personalised Status Tags are working in Messenger 7
Custom Names do not crash Messenger 7 anymore
There is now an option in the preferences panel to disable formatting in the contact list (Messenger 7)
I'm not sure the memory leaks and slowness problems have been fixed... please test, with and without the multi-format option enabled (restart Messenger when you change the option). Thanks.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by John on 11-09-2004 at 09:07 AM

Thank you Patchou :), I'm testing at the moment.

[edit] Aww, found a problem already.. :(
It's a problem with the personolised status.

Normally my own custom name in my contact list is "Me"
and when i put on one of my personalised statuses, for example my "I'll Be Right Back" status, my name should normally appear as "Me (I'll Be Right Back)"
but it doesn't, this is what happens:

Personalised status off:
[Image: msgplusprob1.gif]

Personalised status on:
[Image: msgplusprob2.gif]

After switching it off it flashes this for a milisecond:
[Image: msgplusprob3.gif]

And then goes back to this:
[Image: msgplusprob1.gif]

[edit3] Wait.. I just resized my contact list (made it wider) and now I do see my personalised statuses properly.. so the problem was that my contact list was too thin. Hmm.. I still think it's sort of a bug though..

My versions:
Windows Version: Windows ME, 4.90.3000
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0332
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0108
Stuff Plug NG Version: 0.7.150

[edit2] P.s. Custom Names never crashed my Messenger 7.0 even before the beta update :), I just thought you'd like to know.

[edit4] I have a rather slow computer (getting a new one tomorrow) and I noticed how my Messenger slowed my computer down seriously, I always thought it was Messenger itself, but you said before that you fixed the memory leaks and slowness problems, so it must have been Plus!. Anyway, I've noticed that the slowness problems are radically gone for me now after the beta update, so thank you :), whatever you did to fix the problem worked for me.

RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by x2zen on 11-09-2004 at 08:04 PM

I still have those memory leaks in .108 :(

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by John on 11-09-2004 at 08:54 PM

quote:
I still have those memory leaks in .108 :(

Yeah, me too actually. I thought they were gone but after using Messenger for a while everything went slow again. :(
RE: Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA by Patchou on 11-09-2004 at 09:36 PM

About the slowness problem: I woudl really appreciate if you could uninatall Plus! for a day and see if the problem is still there. I want to be absolutely sure that the bugcomes from Plus! and not from Messenger. Also, please do a test by disabling colors in the contact list and restarting Messenger (again, fora wholeday). Please report the results of these 3 scenarios in a new thread this week. Thank you very much.

Nevertheless, a new beta has been released again, I'm asking everyone who's using version 3.40.107 or 3.40.108 to upgrade. Thank you (note: this thread has been cleaned, please do not post suggestions here).

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Pr0xY on 11-10-2004 at 03:27 AM

Sweet.... colored contacts.... this is the best :refuck:

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by k776 on 11-10-2004 at 05:08 AM

Um, one question, does this version work only for MSN7 or 6.2 too?? If so, Ill test on 6.2 to make sure those things still work.

Edit:

quote:
The "Hide advertisement banner" is not available in MSN Messenger 7 anymore. The reason is not entirely technical, I just felt this option had not its place in Messenger Plus! anymore, thank you for understanding.
And your sure Microsoft didn't brainwash you into  doing so?? lol. Are they going to sue or something?? Or is it an honest choice not to anymore cause im sure a lot of people hate that flashing banner.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Chrono on 11-10-2004 at 05:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by k776
And your sure Microsoft didn't brainwash you into  doing so?? lol. Are they going to sue or something?? Or is it an honest choice not to anymore cause im sure a lot of people hate that flashing banner.
My point of view: Since patchou has his own (optional) sponsor program, he knows that the money they make by showing these ads is important to them. i think that *could* be the reason :)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by k776 on 11-10-2004 at 06:04 AM

ok, but perhaps, not remove them but shrink them, or move them or something.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Patchou on 11-10-2004 at 06:16 AM

quote:
ok, but perhaps, not remove them but shrink them, or move them or something.
That's a suggestion you should send to Microsoft, not myself :). I assure you that Microsoft never asked me to remove this option from Messenger, but again, they want Messenger 7 to start generating some real revenue for them and I'm not going to cause them troubles. There will always be other plugins to do that anyway so you'll always have an option, one way or the other :).
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by edge777 on 11-10-2004 at 06:19 AM

Been using MSN with and without plus - it would seem the memory leaks are in plus... sorry man....

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by k776 on 11-10-2004 at 06:20 AM

ok, cool, and the other question??

quote:
Does this version work only for MSN7 or 6.2 too??

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by surfichris on 11-10-2004 at 06:22 AM

It retains all previous compatibility with older versions.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by survivor on 11-10-2004 at 10:17 AM

thx :-)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by um............... on 11-10-2004 at 10:49 AM

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo patch!!(Y):o)

take a brake man "CHILL"(Y):D:P
PS
can u fix that memory leak my computer is di'n from it:S
AFTER U TAKE A BREAK OF COURSE:P:D
:P

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Hank on 11-10-2004 at 11:15 AM

Patchou, take ya time, with MsgPlus, im sure we can all wait , its Nice of you to keep your brilliant software Free of charge

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Fergy on 11-10-2004 at 01:45 PM

If  you haven't noticed allready
i love Msg+

*Gives Patchou a Home-Made Nutella Milkshake*
yumm

thats enough blab for now...

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by x2zen on 11-10-2004 at 03:16 PM

I'm not sure this is a bug, but I post it anyway :)

When the "Display formatting attributes...." option is off, then the nick looks like this:
[Image: with.jpg]

And if the option is on then it looks like this:
[Image: out.jpg]

So the "bug" is that there are space between the coloured and the non-coloured, if the "Display formatting attributes...." option is off.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by ale5000 on 11-10-2004 at 03:42 PM

quote:
contact names are displayed with their colors and formatting attributes almost everywhere in Messenger, including in the contact list and in the toast popups.

Can you add this thing also in MSN Messenger 6.2?
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by P@pyNet on 11-10-2004 at 04:06 PM

Hello!
La 109 provoque un très net ralentissement deu PC (XP SP2)
Je viens de la desinstaller et tout est revenu normal

The 109 provokes a very net slowdown to PC (XP SP2) I have just deinstalled it and all returned normal

Bien cordialement
Georges

quote:
Some does after to have deactivated Display formatting attributes in contact list performances are correct

RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by BigCheese on 11-10-2004 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ale5000
quote:
contact names are displayed with their colors and formatting attributes almost everywhere in Messenger, including in the contact list and in the toast popups.

Can you add this thing also in MSN Messenger 6.2?

That is a feature in MSN Messenger 7, it cannot be done for MSN Messenger 6.2
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Choli on 11-10-2004 at 05:01 PM

hey, patchou; are you gonna release a new beta every 2 days? :P :blah!: it's ok. Thanks :bow:

quote:
I'm not sure this is a bug, but I post it anyway <images/smilies/msn_happy.gif>
post in the bugs section ;)
btw, try to restart messenger :)
RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by x2zen on 11-10-2004 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
btw, try to restart messenger :)

I did restart messenger I even reboot my pc
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Patchou on 11-10-2004 at 07:03 PM

The spaces are normal, I can't remove them when the multi-format option is disabled. As for the memory leak, still searchign for it, I won'y be doing anything else as long as it's here.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by viji on 11-10-2004 at 08:03 PM

thanks for the goodiess

i downloaded the 3.40 beta version, how do i update to 3.40.109 and how do i change my contact's name's colour on the msn list?? pls help.. thank:)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Choli on 11-10-2004 at 08:22 PM

quote:
The spaces are normal, I can't remove them when the multi-format option is disabled
Maybe you can change the names, the same you do with custom names (but maybe that implies you have to enable the show email addresses thingy and the contacts won't be sorted by name)

quote:
Originally posted by viji
how do i update to 3.40.109
just execute the installer you downloaded.
quote:
Originally posted by viji
how do i change my contact's name's colour on the msn list??
you can see the color that your contacts put in their names or you can use the custom names feature and set a name with colors for your contacts

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by edge777 on 11-10-2004 at 08:26 PM

There is just one download link for the beta, on the forum - it is updated to the newest beta version.  To check your version number, click 'Plus' on the MSN Messenger toolbar, and select 'About'.

I know you can adjust font settings (bold, underline, italic), by highlighting the name (or section of name) on the custom name, and using CTRL-B, U, I.  I am not sure how to change name colors (but would also love to know).

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Plik on 11-10-2004 at 08:33 PM

CTRL + K if its the same as contact windows

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Choli on 11-10-2004 at 08:35 PM

quote:
I am not sure how to change name colors (but would also love to know).
Ctrl + K and pick up the color.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by viji on 11-10-2004 at 10:18 PM

thanks for the infor..... but still not sure how to change the contact's name to colour.. not working for me:(

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by edge777 on 11-10-2004 at 10:35 PM

To my knowledge, this is something that works with custom names only.  So, go to rename a contact, type in the name, highlight that portion with your mouse, and then click CTRL-K (a color window will come up) and choose your color.  You have to have "Display formatting attributes..." checked in the preference settings of contacts.

If you wish to still see the person's MSN name, add (!N) in the custom name field, and that will show it.

Hope that helps.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by riahc4 on 11-11-2004 at 12:02 AM

hey Patchou a small request: as u may or may not know there are "codes" that change the font in your nick. Well you ever support this in custom names and other places? ColorNick's author said he might put it in the plugin if you support it. If its not too much trouble put the codes in. If someone cant use them it wont hurt them just being there...

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Impheatus on 11-11-2004 at 03:14 AM

Awesome... People are still complainin' 'bout the removal of the "hide ad" option...:@
I think you should start removing or editin that kind of posts Patchou... They're useless because you ain't gonna changa ya mind and they're not helpin in anything...

Just SEARCH for some other software or PATCH that removes the advertisment banner guys! it's not that hard.... trust me...[Image: whack.gif]

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by FineWolf on 11-11-2004 at 08:05 AM

Small annoying bug...

Open a conversation Window
Right click a contact, and open a window to rename it
Leave the rename window open, and try to chat with someone.

You won't be able to type.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Choli on 11-11-2004 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
If its not too much trouble put the codes in. If someone cant use them it wont hurt them just being there...
you can see the codes when you select a color in the Ctrl + K panel.
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Small annoying bug...

Open a conversation Window
Right click a contact, and open a window to rename it
Leave the rename window open, and try to chat with someone.

You won't be able to type.
I haven't still tested it, but it's not an annoying bug. It's a picky one. just close the window to rename him/her and chat :P;)
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Maniac on 11-11-2004 at 08:58 PM

Hmmm.... would it be possible to simply give a user a color without a custom name, this way i could give special contacts special colors and still see what names they put on.... i think that would be a pretty sweet feature...

Basically just like the desktop feature but with more available colors (maybe like those hexagons that allow you to chose a laaaarge variety of colors) it could be implemented on the desktop icons too ;)

edit: while i'm at it, can i request a slider thing for desktop icon transparencies, this way we could make it exactly how we want... and an option to not have a border? or like a different border/text color for online/offline.... these are just ideas... i think improving the GUI for the floating contacts would be pretty sweet :)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-11-2004 at 10:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
Hmmm.... would it be possible to simply give a user a color without a custom name, this way i could give special contacts special colors and still see what names they put on.... i think that would be a pretty sweet feature...

this can already be done first give your contact the custom name of "(!N)" that's a command that displays a contacts exact nickname as they set it to be. once this nickname is completely highlighted hold down ctrl and press k this will give you a box of colours that you can use to give a colour to the name thus displaying their actual nickname in your chosen colour as you have asked.
quote:
Basically just like the desktop feature but with more available colors (maybe like those hexagons that allow you to chose a laaaarge variety of colors) it could be implemented on the desktop icons too ;)

i don't know about whether patchou or anyone will add more colours but hopefully they will.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Maniac on 11-11-2004 at 10:31 PM

Hmmm... the (!N) is a pretty cool idea.... i knew that.... grrrr :p

Well seeing how everything is becoming more colorful, i don't see why he wouldn't do that ;)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Choli on 11-12-2004 at 09:21 AM

quote:
. would it be possible to simply give a user a color without a custom name, this way i could give special contacts special colors and still see what names they put on.... i think that would be a pretty sweet feature...

you have to use custom names to do that.

quote:
Basically just like the desktop feature but with more available colors (maybe like those hexagons that allow you to chose a laaaarge variety of colors) it could be implemented on the desktop icons too <images/smilies/msn_wink.gif>

edit: while i'm at it, can i request a slider thing for desktop icon transparencies, this way we could make it exactly how we want... and an option to not have a border? or like a different border/text color for online/offline.... these are just ideas... i think improving the GUI for the floating contacts would be pretty sweet

Most of the things you've said there can already be done with my tweaker:
Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.20 :)
RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-12-2004 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
. would it be possible to simply give a user a color without a custom name, this way i could give special contacts special colors and still see what names they put on.... i think that would be a pretty sweet feature...

you have to use custom names to do that.

in a way you are right choli you have to use the custom name of (!n) and use the ctrl+k command on it. but personally i dunno if a command really counts as a custom name.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Choli on 11-12-2004 at 12:58 PM

quote:
in a way you are right choli you have to use the custom name of (!n) and use the ctrl+k command on it. but personally i dunno if a command really counts as a custom name.
I meant that you can't put colors in the nicks of your contacts unless you use the custom names feature.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Misterjad on 11-12-2004 at 07:51 PM

quote:
[Image: list.jpg]

Hey patch !
i haven't seen myself on your list ! i've changed my mail so if you still want me, send me a pm :)
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by P@pyNet on 11-13-2004 at 06:28 AM

Hello!

J'ai constaté plusieurs jours de suite qu'après un long fonctionnement de messenger avec M+ 109 un ralentissement très net du PC (Windows XP SP2).
Depuis que j'ai désinstallé la 109, tout fonctionne très bien. Je n'ai pas pu déterminer quel était le composant en cause, même en utiisant Faber Toys.

Bien cordialement
Georges

**** Traduction *****
I noted several days of continuation that after a long functioning of messenger with M + 109 a very net slowdown of the PC (Windows XP SP2).  Since that I deinstalled the 109, all works very well.  I was not able to determine which was the component in causes, even in utiisant Faber Toys. 

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by pegjot157 on 11-13-2004 at 11:15 AM

Hi:D How do you change the colour of the font on your contacts names in your lists???

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Stijn on 11-13-2004 at 12:09 PM

right click, MSGPLUS xtra's then Rename contact then start of with a color by holdiing ctrl en then "K" that's how ;-);-);-)

Custom Sounds? by Hoca on 11-13-2004 at 04:26 PM

Currently checking out Messenger 7 Beta with Plus! v3.40.109 Beta, so far other than the annoying MSN Messenger error involving chat logs, I've not had any probs with Plus! at all !!! :D

Have you any plans in making it easier to add your own custom sounds to Plus!?  I know there's plugins you can use to do this, but it just makes it difficult to co-ordinate things if your trying to pass sounds round your contacts list and they all have to not only install a plugin but then get to grips with understanding how to configure it to accept the new samples?! it's bad enough talking one person through this sort of thing, you can do without a heap of them needing help?

The plugins I've tried so far are...

Audiator & RDM

I'd say Audiator is the better plugin (RDM isn't really made for adding your own cutom sounds, just the crummy sounds that it comes with unless you start renaming files) but you have to remember the keystrokes for each sound you add!!

Hope I've posted this in the correct place?

Thanks for all your work on Plus! (nice to see M$ let you escape!!;) LOL they must be green with envy seeing you've basically added all the functionality to Messenger it should have from word go anyway!!)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Misterjad on 11-13-2004 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by P@pyNet
Hello!

J'ai constaté plusieurs jours de suite qu'après un long fonctionnement de messenger avec M+ 109 un ralentissement très net du PC (Windows XP SP2).
Depuis que j'ai désinstallé la 109, tout fonctionne très bien. Je n'ai pas pu déterminer quel était le composant en cause, même en utiisant Faber Toys.

Bien cordialement
Georges

**** Traduction *****
I noted several days of continuation that after a long functioning of messenger with M + 109 a very net slowdown of the PC (Windows XP SP2).  Since that I deinstalled the 109, all works very well.  I was not able to determine which was the component in causes, even in utiisant Faber Toys.

I have the same problem, with the same system, it may comes from winxpSP2 fr....i'll talk to patchou, when he'll add me in his contact list...
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Ponty on 11-13-2004 at 05:54 PM

With messenger 7, Microsoft enabled display of smileys in the contact names, in the contact list.

When I enable custom names in Plus!, the smileys dissapear :-(

Why :'(

RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-13-2004 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ponty
With messenger 7, Microsoft enabled display of smileys in the contact names, in the contact list.

When I enable custom names in Plus!, the smileys dissapear :-(

Why :'(

oh my god. he is right, my smileys in nicknames are gone to on contacts who still have just normal nicknames with smileys in them, anyway of fixing that? :S

Config

Windows XP Pro SP2
MSN Messenger 7.0.0332
Messenger Plus 3.40.109
Stuffplug NG 0.7.150
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Choli on 11-13-2004 at 06:25 PM

quote:
oh my god. he is right, my smileys in nicknames are gone to on contacts who still have just normal nicknames with smileys in them, anyway of fixing that?
it isn't so easy.... enabling custom names enables show by mail in messenger, so messenger doesn't display the smilies because it thinks it's displaying an email (and in fact it¡s displaying the real or custom nick set by plus)
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by rock_boi on 11-13-2004 at 06:36 PM

Hey patch, were are the pics u were going to post??????:D:D:D

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by opdude on 11-14-2004 at 06:14 PM

hmm when i have msgplus running i cannot add custom emoticons from people ( i mean right click the emote in a convo and click Add..) but when it inst running i can add them :S

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by CookieRevised on 11-15-2004 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by opdude
hmm when i have msgplus running i cannot add custom emoticons from people ( i mean right click the emote in a convo and click Add..) but when it inst running i can add them :S
Already reported. But also:

post the bugs you find in Messenger Plus! 3.40 BETA in:
"Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)"

Also, always mention what MSN Messenger version you use...
And read "How to Report a Bug" first...

;)
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Patchou on 11-15-2004 at 02:21 AM

A new beta has been released! anyone using an older beta must upgrade to version 3.40.110. More information about the changes can be found on the first page of this thread. As the changes are pretty important, I would aprpeciate if a note could beadded on mess.be about it (don't want anyone to continue to use an older beta because of the horrible memory leak :)).

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Chrono on 11-15-2004 at 03:16 AM

The problem of the blank nicknames is still there

Windows: Windows 2000, 5.00.2195
Messenger: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus!: 3.40.0110

and my cntact's nick is (#)Jamaican Girl(#)... [[*[[* what's that supposed to be about baby*]]

:undecided:

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by EvilSeph on 11-15-2004 at 03:19 AM

I've notified Dwergs, and I believe Sean has been notified too.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Guido on 11-15-2004 at 03:29 AM

Great updates, thanks Patch! :banana:

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-15-2004 at 06:54 AM

quote:
A new beta has been released! anyone using an older beta must upgrade to version 3.40.110. More information about the changes can be found on the first page of this thread. As the changes are pretty important, I would aprpeciate if a note could beadded on mess.be about it (don't want anyone to continue to use an older beta because of the horrible memory leak :)).
thanks patch for the new beta ill go get it right away.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by John on 11-15-2004 at 09:48 AM

Good job on fixing the memory leak Patchou :), I installed the new version even though I havent been noticing the memory leak that much anymore on my new uber computer. :o) Mwuahahaha! (6)

:P

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by x2zen on 11-15-2004 at 12:05 PM

Just downloaded .110, everything seems to be working :D
I'll edit my post if I should find a bug ;)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by blief on 11-15-2004 at 02:02 PM

Im running StuffPlug-NG Version 0.7.139, its great, i'm just missing the open conversation window feature.

anyone know where i can get my hands on version 0.7.150 (ie stuartbennett or Jaguar), or info on whether 0.7.150 has fixed that incompatability with MSN 7?

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-15-2004 at 02:23 PM

theres a link to the new stuffplug 0.7.150 from a thread on this forum. i have run a search on the forum for the thread that had the link but cant find it.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by panos78 on 11-15-2004 at 03:37 PM

The blank spaces when I deactivate the Display formatting feature remain to me too.
This strings do not exist in the defaultLg.dat:
Display formatting attributes in the contact list and
BETA NOTE: this option is currently in test, it can cause several UI defects and other problems.
:)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by BigCheese on 11-15-2004 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blief
Im running StuffPlug-NG Version 0.7.139, its great, i'm just missing the open conversation window feature.

anyone know where i can get my hands on version 0.7.150 (ie stuartbennett or Jaguar), or info on whether 0.7.150 has fixed that incompatability with MSN 7?
http://www.stuffplug.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Choli on 11-15-2004 at 11:02 PM

Thanks Patchou for the new beta :banana:

quote:
Originally posted by panos78
This strings do not exist in the defaultLg.dat:
Display formatting attributes in the contact list and
BETA NOTE: this option is currently in test, it can cause several UI defects and other problems.
the first string doesn't appear because it may change. The beta note doesn't appear because it'll be removed in the final version.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by panos78 on 11-15-2004 at 11:10 PM

OK! Because I thought that I had to translate it!:)
Cheers

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by edge777 on 11-16-2004 at 01:09 AM

I was just on the Mess.be website, and this is still on their MSN Messenger 7 page:

"Important Notes:
- Messenger Plus! is not yet compatible, but this is only a matter of time."

So ya, it not only mentions that there is a new beta with no memory leak (good job on that btw), but it still says MSG Plus is not available.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Jolo on 11-16-2004 at 04:10 PM

Messenger Plus 3.40.110 and MSN Messenger 7.0.0332, even with new StuffPlug-NG 0.7.150 are working like a charm! :D

Now I'm testing with RicarDog a Pre-Release of File Transfer Plus 1.1, that also it's compatible with all. :D

Good job, Patchou and all the testers. ;)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by BigCheese on 11-16-2004 at 04:56 PM

SHouldn't the title of this topic be updated to say the new version?

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-16-2004 at 05:27 PM

i dunno why but occassionaly i get 2 msn messenger icons on my tasbar by the clock 1 signed in and 1 not signed in which is weird. because there are two instances of msn messenger on the taskbar even though only 1 gets signed in i get 2 instances of the mood changer aswell. now then this doesnt happen all the time and theres no specific way of causing this to occur it just happens so i cant recreate for providing screenshots but this is annoying.

Config:
MSN Messenger 7.0.0332
Messenger Plus 3.40.110
StuffPlug NG 0.7.150

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by edge777 on 11-16-2004 at 07:46 PM

I have the same thing with the double system-tray icons.  It's happened 3 times, but only after Msg Plus was installed.  Not sure how or why.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-16-2004 at 08:31 PM

i thought it was a plus related problem but wasnt entirely sure. this problem has plagued me on and off for a while now, certainly prior to the 3.40 beta series. infact probably since plus went to 3. if i get this error again i will screenshot the evidence and post it on the forum maybe one day patchou will be able to fix this. simply right clicking the second icon and selecting exit gets rid of the second icon but still it is annoying.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Plik on 11-16-2004 at 08:37 PM

Do you have polygamy installed, because sometimes you get two instances of messenger running with out realising

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by Omied on 11-16-2004 at 09:10 PM

Hi, topictitle hasn't been changed, it still says "3.40.109 BETA" instead of "3.40.110 BETA"

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.109 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-16-2004 at 09:30 PM

yes i installed messpatch and had polygamy enabled but im sure that this problem has occured before. at a time before i even heard of polygamy.

EDIT:

i have come across another problem, i get two toast exactly identical appearing at the exact same time. below is a picture to prove this.

[Image: Double%20Toast.JPG?dc=4675497770690985991]

hopefully this can be fixed

msn 7.0.0332
plus 3.40.110

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Jolo on 11-17-2004 at 04:54 AM

A new MSN Messenger 7 Beta build is on the Internet right now.

Number of the new baby is 7.0.0425.

Using with Messenger Plus! 3.40.110, StuffPlug-NG build 150 and the latest internal Pre-Relase build of File Transfer Plus 1.1, works with no problems. :D

Only error is that 'Open window notify' still don't work for me, even in the latest version of SP-NG. I don't know that is normal.

Greetings. :)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by edge777 on 11-17-2004 at 05:10 AM

A new build of the MSN Messenger 7 BETA has become available to testers.

It looks more stable in general, but the most obvious change in build 0425 is the return of (15 default) Winks.

A welcome change is that you can now see emoticons animate in the shortcut menu, even your custom animated emoticons!

Mess.be says that they have been anonymously tipped that on Thursday, November 18th, anybody running a previous version of MSN Messenger 7.0 (build 0332 and prior) will get automatically updated. Of course, current users of MSN Messenger 6 will not be affected by this forced upgrade.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Hank on 11-17-2004 at 07:14 AM

Much better Build Patchou, iv'e noticed its loading MSN Messenger7 a lot faster

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by EvilSeph on 11-17-2004 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jolo
I can't post direct links, but the news is posted on *removed*. :)

Greetings,

You can't offer it to others either, meaning direct them to the site that has it (via links or by naming the site) directly or indirectly.

quote:

It looks more stable in general, but the most obvious change in build 0425 is the return of (15 default) Winks.

A welcome change is that you can now see emoticons animate in the shortcut menu, even your custom animated emoticons!

Mess.be says that they have been anonymously tipped that on Thursday, November 18th, anybody running a previous version of MSN Messenger 7.0 (build 0332 and prior) will get automatically updated. Of course, current users of MSN Messenger 6 will not be affected by this forced upgrade.

This build is currently unavailable to testers officially. Other than that clarification, I can't say anything more.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by John on 11-17-2004 at 10:21 PM

Patchou, are you sure that the memory leaks are gone? *-) Cause I'm still noticing slowness even on my new computer while Messenger is running, maybe it's not Plus! afterall..

Windows Version: Windows ME, 4.90.3000
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0110
2.6GHz Processor
640MB of RAM

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by lovecho on 11-18-2004 at 12:51 AM

Good News~~

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Patchou on 11-18-2004 at 01:05 AM

Jaguar: I'm pretty sure the leaks are gone and everyone seems to be confirming that fact, I guess your problem is elsewhere :).

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by marissa on 11-18-2004 at 01:15 AM

just a question- i didnt read anything about this since i noticed it, but when you disable the formatting in the contact list is the msn messenger main window always going to close since it kinda has to "refresh"? It's just kind of annoying :\ and if it isnt possible, we can all live with it;)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Underlord on 11-18-2004 at 01:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
quote:

This build is currently unavailable to testers officially. Other than that clarification, I can't say anything more.

Actually i thought this was so but i downloaded from the so called "7.0.0332" download link and it was actually a link to 7.0.0425.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by EvilSeph on 11-18-2004 at 01:45 AM

Hence "officially".

Jaguar, Windows ME is known to be riddled with memory leaks, tried upgrading :p?

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Underlord on 11-18-2004 at 01:58 AM

quote:
Hence "officially".
Indeed, i was just giving my two cents.
quote:
Jaguar, Windows ME is known to be riddled with memory leaks, tried upgrading :p?
My father's laptop had Windows ME preinstalled on it and when installing drivers it made thousands of .inf files, which after installing one device would cause devices to take hours to install. After seaching for a while he found a patch that was requestable from Microsoft. Not to mention the terrible performance and unstable nature. In my opinion Windows ME is Microsoft's worst operating system. (Of course this is relating to the technology available.)
RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-18-2004 at 06:25 AM

quote:
My father's laptop had Windows ME preinstalled on it and when installing drivers it made thousands of .inf files, which after installing one device would cause devices to take hours to install. After seaching for a while he found a patch that was requestable from Microsoft. Not to mention the terrible performance and unstable nature. In my opinion Windows ME is Microsoft's worst operating system. (Of course this is relating to the technology available.)

I agree in all the time ive owned a computer i have used win 3.11 for workgroups, win95 win98 win98se windows me and windows xp pro and home. and one thing i regret is ever upgrading to windows me. it is the worst most unstable constantly crashing operating system i have ever used, my sisters old pc had winme on it so when she bought a new dell with xp on it and gave the old pc to my nephew luke (her youngest son) i upgraded it to xp for better performance. i strongly recommend you upgrade jaguar i don't know as to whether it has memory leaks but im betting its the cause of your problems.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by John on 11-18-2004 at 09:02 AM

Ok, thanks Patchou. :)

I've got a new anti-virus program now, I think my old one was the problem, I think it was scanning MSN Messenger the whole time. :S

EvilSeph, yeah, I'm getting XP this week, hehe. :)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-18-2004 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Ok, thanks Patchou. :)

I've got a new anti-virus program now, I think my old one was the problem, I think it was scanning MSN Messenger the whole time. :S

EvilSeph, yeah, I'm getting XP this week, hehe. :)
mmmmm really i never heard of an antivirus doing that before but i guess it could happen. after all you can link your av into messenger in the options for scanning file transfers.

good to hear your getting xp now its the most stable operating system i have ever used.

quote:
i thought it was a plus related problem but wasnt entirely sure. this problem has plagued me on and off for a while now, certainly prior to the 3.40 beta series. infact probably since plus went to 3. if i get this error again i will screenshot the evidence and post it on the forum maybe one day patchou will be able to fix this. simply right clicking the second icon and selecting exit gets rid of the second icon but still it is annoying.

i have now experienced this problem again and here is the screenshot i took of it as evidence.

[Image: 2%20MSN%20Messengers.JPG?dc=4675498146298061007]

Patchou I hope this will help you to resolve this problem.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by IcyAngel on 11-19-2004 at 07:12 PM

I can't see the link to download Msn 7.0, can someone PM me it? Coz I can only see the Msn Plus BETA link...

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Tochjo on 11-19-2004 at 07:37 PM

MSN Messenger 7.0 is still a private beta release. This means it should only be used by official testers. However, some testers have leaked the download links, so many non-testers also downloaded it and use it. However, this is illegal. We will therefore not post or allow posted links to the MSN Messenger 7.0 beta release :)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by IcyAngel on 11-19-2004 at 07:43 PM

Alright then, thanks for the explanation. Guess I'll wait until it's legal then...cheers anyway! 

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by devola on 11-19-2004 at 09:54 PM

that is a ver cool thing man god save u to the chatters

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by toprak604 on 11-19-2004 at 10:56 PM

i cant update msg plus who help me

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Underlord on 11-20-2004 at 12:06 AM

What is the problem?

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Hank on 11-20-2004 at 12:49 AM

Patchou,

umm i got the Latest MSN Messenger 7  Build an MsgPlus, but  Near  "Nudges" where the MsgPlus Button was, its now not there?  that a Bug or something you did?

RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Underlord on 11-20-2004 at 01:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred

Patchou,

umm i got the Latest MSN Messenger 7  Build an MsgPlus, but  Near  "Nudges" where the MsgPlus Button was, its now not there?  that a Bug or something you did?

The MsgPlus button is there for me, so i would say it is a bug.
Are you using a skin?
RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Hank on 11-20-2004 at 01:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
quote:
Originally posted by Demandred

Patchou,

The MsgPlus button is there for me, so i would say it is a bug.
Are you using a skin?

Nope no skin. [/code]

here's what i mean , by the Plus Button not being there
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by toprak604 on 11-20-2004 at 02:22 AM

hey friend i wanna thanx for your help i chose it thanx for all again

if you have news about msn plus i want to know. if you send me your news i will grateful you every time thanx

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Hank on 11-20-2004 at 02:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toprak604
hey friend i wanna thanx for your help i chose it thanx for all again

what help was that exactly

for News visit  this site http://www.msgplus.net/news.php , an please dont double post in a Row. Edit your Posts if needed

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by toprak604 on 11-20-2004 at 02:53 AM

ok thanx

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by DJeX on 11-20-2004 at 03:29 AM

Where can I download Plus version 3.40.108 or the newest one? Can't find it on the forum.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Underlord on 11-20-2004 at 03:31 AM

Version 3.40.110 is the latest and it is on the first page of this thread :-/.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?mode=threaded&tid=34015

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by El_GINO on 11-21-2004 at 03:29 PM

Hi! It's a great idea the new version for Messenger 7 BETA, im' using the 7 BETA and is very bore talk without Plus!. (N)

Im' waiting the new version, ¡Thanks Plus! :D

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by _Humphreys on 11-21-2004 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Hi! It's a great idea the new version for Messenger 7 BETA, im' using the 7 BETA and is very bore talk without Plus!.

Im' waiting the new version, ¡Thanks Plus!

There is a BETA version of plus that already works with MSN 7 :) but please remember MSN 7 is for Microsoft BETA testers only!
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Alisson on 11-23-2004 at 05:35 AM

very good.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by greg098 on 11-23-2004 at 07:15 AM

softpedia.com have this on their website...direct link and all, which isnt meant to be done!!! not only have they done that, they have uploaded the file to their server as a back up as when u change it, it wont affect it!!! to see this, go here: http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/4/5/10-4-5-2.shtml

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by RockMoe on 11-23-2004 at 08:35 AM

GOOOOOOOOOO JOOOOOOOOOOB man... honestly you Rocked msn..keep up the good gob ...looking forward for new stuff

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by VuDu on 11-23-2004 at 11:06 AM

for what i hear the 2 last beta releases are public betas... so...... i'm not sure if that's illegal

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by user27089 on 11-23-2004 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by VuDu
for what i hear the 2 last beta releases are public betas... so...... i'm not sure if that's illegal
The messenger plus! beta's are definitely legal, but the MSN beta's are not legal at all, they are leaks and shouldn't be installed on any users pc's that aren't beta testers for microsoft, that is why you have to install the patch so that you can actually use msn... This is one of the reasons I don't like using MSN 7.0 I like to stay legal..

;)

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by CookieRevised on 11-23-2004 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by VuDu
Traxor is right... It's not because a beta is public that it is illegal. It is however a whole different story when a beta is private, yet leaked out by some people (like MSN Messenger 7).

Why don't you read the first post from Patchou in this thread, instead of believing what you've heared?

;)
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by x3xHéLéñx3x on 11-23-2004 at 05:36 PM

I'm just wondering before I install MSN 7, will it give my computer a virus or viruses? Because I've heard from some people it's broken their computers?

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by CookieRevised on 11-23-2004 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by x3xHéLéñx3x
I'm just wondering before I install MSN 7, will it give my computer a virus or viruses?
No...
quote:
Originally posted by x3xHéLéñx3x
Because I've heard from some people it's broken their computers?
That is something entirly different. If something gets messed up, it doesn't mean it is a virus. However when dealing with beta software, such things are to be expected!

MSN Messenger 7 is still in PRIVATE BETA. This means that it still is in testing fase and all sort of things can happen.

If you're not an official MS beta tester (which you aren't, I think) and if you don't know what you're doing, it is illegal and also very risky to install it.
quote:
i have now experienced this problem again and here is the screenshot i took of it as evidence.
Why posting that entire screenshot, while you could do with just a small fraction of the systemtray with the icons?
quote:
Originally posted by Painkiller
From that Screenshot i can tell you that your machine have Spyware/malware as the DATE MANAGER, i recomend you install Lavasoft ad-aware and clean up your machine..
What date manager? If you mean the calender in the rop right corner, that is a very popular, harmless, adware/spyware-free program called Rainlendar.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-23-2004 at 08:02 PM

soory cookie about the big screenshot in future ill post just a shot of the systemtray.

MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 by _Arno_ on 11-24-2004 at 01:05 AM

Dear Patchou,

It's great that you are already working on a new Plus! version for MSN Messenger 7.

But I read this in one of your posts:

quote:
The "Hide advertisement banner" is not available in MSN Messenger 7 anymore. The reason is not entirely technical, I just felt this option had not its place in Messenger Plus! anymore, thank you for understanding.
I hope that you put this option back in to the new Plus! version. This option is really nice and I think that a lot of people agree with that.

Just one thing to say:

MsgPlus! is the best addon I ever seen. Keep up the good work!
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by find_your_spot on 11-24-2004 at 07:52 AM

version 3.40.110 BETA is a lot faster on my pc now.

thanks patchou!:D

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by shamki2 on 11-25-2004 at 07:00 PM

thanks brother
we love u

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by btfg26 on 11-27-2004 at 06:14 AM

thank you

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 by BigCheese on 11-27-2004 at 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by _Arno_
Dear Patchou,

It's great that you are already working on a new Plus! version for MSN Messenger 7.

But I read this in one of your posts:

quote:
I hope that you put this option back in to the new Plus! version. This option is really nice and I think that a lot of people agree with that.

Just one thing to say:

MsgPlus! is the best addon I ever seen. Keep up the good work!

Just use the mess patch.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-27-2004 at 10:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BigCheese
Just use the mess patch.

you mean the mess patch for 7.0.0425 that is dodgy and doesnt work properly? lol

RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by BigCheese on 11-27-2004 at 11:08 AM

quote:
quote:
Just use the mess patch.

you mean the mess patch for 7.0.0425 that is dodgy and doesnt work properly? lol

Works perfect for me.
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by stuartbennett on 11-27-2004 at 11:51 AM

yeah well problem is that say i had the patch that removes the white bar in convos already installed an that was ticked during mess patch none of the patches i selct will get installed so yes it does work but not properly.

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by user35870 on 11-27-2004 at 12:52 PM

quote:

Works perfect for me.

i have had problems with that to crash and stuff
RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by Chestah on 11-28-2004 at 08:54 AM

In future please search the forum for information Stuart, Patchou has already stated he is busy implementing new features and fixing bug fixes and he will release these after a public beta of msn messneger 7 is released

RE: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.110 BETA - Updated! by nike6 on 11-30-2004 at 01:03 AM

its time to see something different (Y)

keep up the good work