Shoutbox

MP! Critique - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: MP! Critique (/showthread.php?tid=34021)

MP! Critique by Concord Dawn on 11-03-2004 at 04:26 AM

A critique on Messenger Plus! I found while searching in Google. It's a good review, and it points out both the up's and down's of some of the things that Patchou has done. I advise people to take a look.

Critique of Messenger Plus!

Also, look at the Google results for "Messenger Plus Sponsor"

quote:
Originally posted by Google Results

Results 1 - 10 of about 50 for "Messenger Plus Sponsor". (0.63 seconds)

Mind you, that's the bad stuff. The good stuff is this.

quote:

Results 1 - 10 of about 436,000 for "Messenger Plus". (0.21 seconds)

And if we widen the search all the way.

quote:

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,730,000 for Messenger Plus. (0.53 seconds)

So, as you can see, Patchou has created the best MSN addon ever, but we already knew that. :D
RE: MP! Critique by gnownoskcid on 11-03-2004 at 04:48 AM

i found that that site is very accurate and unbiased. I recommand reading it too

RE: MP! Critique by Patchou on 11-03-2004 at 05:53 AM

lol.. that's because you didn't see it a couple of weeks ago (just check the "older stuff" archived in the site. Anyway, I agree that in its present state, the mainpage makes more sense (except for the last point, which is absolutely untrue)..

RE: MP! Critique by Mike on 11-03-2004 at 07:08 AM

I do agree with this:

quote:
Originally posted by That site about MsgPlus!
Things are much, much better, but (there's always a but ) there are continuing issues...

(n)Unfortunately the harshly worded "I refuse to give my support..." refusal text remains.

(i)As has been suggested, a simple 'I refuse,' or a 'no thank you' would have sufficed, or even better, something like the following, which avoids harshness or bad feeling:

"Yes please, install Messenger Plus! with the sponsor program.
No thank you, install Messenger Plus! without the sponsor."

It did made me have a bad feeling... :(
Maybe i would install it if the computer was mine...
And if it didnt have that 18+ stuff...
But since all the family uses the computer i cant... :(
RE: MP! Critique by Chrono on 11-03-2004 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
it doesnt.
RE: MP! Critique by user27089 on 11-03-2004 at 08:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
it doesnt.
It does, the last time I accidentally installed it, the toolbar said stuff like g*y pr0n and stuff (not in that context), and it would've been quite disturbing if my dad went on the computer and saw that or something, he would've flipped at me, i'd install it if not for that...
RE: MP! Critique by Chrono on 11-03-2004 at 08:22 AM

u should have reported it to pitcho cause it isnt supposed to shou that kind of stuff, u should know that already :)

RE: MP! Critique by .Roy on 11-03-2004 at 08:22 AM

my sisters computer is already full of kazza crap and bunch of spyware and vireses.. I might download it there so Patchou will get some money.. Hmm i click on all the buttons 2 times.. THats already 10 bux no?

RE: MP! Critique by Chrono on 11-03-2004 at 08:24 AM

i dont think so :P
Even though patchou doesnt say how much does he get with the sponsor, im pretty sure that ten bucks for 2 clicks is WAY too much :rolleyes:

RE: MP! Critique by Pr0xY on 11-03-2004 at 04:44 PM

Yeah I saw that page a couple weeks ago, glad to see the opinions have shanged alittle bit. 

RE: MP! Critique by Millenium_edition on 11-03-2004 at 05:14 PM

I think that site is correct and clear in every aspect. It shows positive and negative sides of the sponsor program.

Well, at least now it is. It used to be overreacting.

RE: MP! Critique by Patchou on 11-03-2004 at 07:00 PM

quote:
ten bucks for 2 clicks
hahaha... no, advertisement revenues are pretty standard... around 2 cents per click on a sponsored link.
RE: MP! Critique by user27089 on 11-03-2004 at 07:43 PM

I didn't report that it had them certain links to it because I thought that it was standard, anyway, this was back in my days of not knowing a lot about messenger plus! and its features etc. So I apologise for not reporting it when it happened, but as I stated before, I didn't know that I had to do so, if anything like this happens if I install the sponsor, I will report to patchou as soon as possible.  I trust that the sponsor program has changed since then, because this was a while back.